I wanna live in NYC... Whats step #1

Was looking at apartments in Manhattan yesterday

The apartments not the size of my apartment living room currently are 5-6/mo

Thats damn near 3/4ths of my pretax check

That ain't it chief

Before I get dudes inevitably jumping down my neck for not considering other places, I gotta live in the heart of the city b.

I don't want to go out for the night then sit on a subway to get back to my crib 30 minutes away

Reactions: GJR

That ain't it chief

Before I get dudes inevitably jumping down my neck for not considering other places, I gotta live in the heart of the city b.

I don't want to go out for the night then sit on a subway to get back to my crib 30 minutes away

Told ya. 6k for 2 bedroom pos, and guys from little villages think that gets you the Empire State Building.

yall ever heard of D.E Shaw group?

i got offered a interview at their NYC office.. should I do it? they came to me after seeing my linkedin profile

Depending on job, you can cake up, as in make over a million a year within a handful of years or so. You also have to be obscenely smart. My girl interviewed there during college and failed miserably.

It’s a quant hedge fund btw.

Are you in IT or are you an engineer? Two completely different things with different pay levels at a place like that.

Reactions: GJR

That ain't it chief

Grab roommates. I had the master bedroom in a nice spot, doorman building for ~$2k per month. Had two other roommates. Total rent bill was ~$5.5k

13126642_245270435862900_672563640_n.jpg

I wouldnt advise no out of towners to move to ny ..(born & raised ny’er that eventually bounced) ...not the glitz & glamour u see on tv ...cost of living is shi**y & like another poster said ny aint what it used to be...fell off mid 2000s ...alotta heads still living in ny is tryna get out of ny ....but to each their own...better options to get dough & live comfy elsewhere u just gonna have the title of saying “u live in ny”

Depending on your industry you can live comfy in NY

if you HAVE to live in the middle of it all (where it's actually not that "cool" to live) you'll pay for it.

Cost of living in a hood in ny = would have u sitting comfy in another states suburb...big difference

I wouldnt advise no out of towners to move to ny ..(born & raised ny’er that eventually bounced) ...not the glitz & glamour u see on tv ...cost of living is shi**y & like another poster said ny aint what it used to be...fell off mid 2000s ...alotta heads still living in ny is tryna get out of ny ....but to each their own...better options to get dough & live comfy elsewhere u just gonna have the title of saying “u live in ny”

All facts. Been here most of my life, and bout to leave in the next few months. I have a growing family, and the cost of living is hard to justify at this point.

All facts. Been here most of my life, and bout to leave in the next few months. I have a growing family, and the cost of living is hard to justify at this point.
Word u basically living to pay (debt,bills etc) ....now if u a kid with no responsibilities ny can be somewhat fun (not even fun in todays ny compared to 90s ny coming up)

That's a fact. Quality of life is subjective though. For me, id rather pay a premium to be in nyc than live in another states suburb.

I live in Harlem for reference.
I hear u homey ...harlem (eastside)was my favorite spot growing up (would leave the bx to cross the harlem river to spend entire summers at cousins crib on 132nd between madison & park ...stinking lincoln) i go thru the eastside of harlem nowadays big big difference/change... the chicks still be out though i will say that but overall i couldnt pay an arm to live out there ...stay up though bro

The problem with NY is that all these out-of-towers move to the SAME damn area

Morningside heights, east village, Williamsburg, greenpoint, bed-stuy, crown heights and even china town is raising their rent

Never understood why more people don’t look at Queens or Yonkers...

The problem with NY is that all these out-of-towers move to the SAME damn area

Morningside heights, east village, Williamsburg, greenpoint, bed-stuy, crown heights and even china town is raising their rent

Never understood why more people don’t look at Queens or Yonkers...

Because queens is taxing ...ontop of that its the most diverse borough so im sure its alotta out of towners there (i run into a few heads with south carolina backrounds who relocated to queens)

I hear u homey ...harlem (eastside)was my favorite spot growing up (would leave the bx to cross the harlem river to spend entire summers at cousins crib on 132nd between madison & park ...stinking lincoln) i go thru the eastside of harlem nowadays big big difference/change... the chicks still be out though i will say that but overall i couldnt pay an arm to live out there ...stay up though bro

Man, there's really no place like Harlem (especially during the summer). I been here for like 10 years (128th & Lenox) and I'm genuinely going to miss it. Wish I could've purchased property here before the prices became OD. But with family life now, I don't even be out & about like that anymore.

I could never do the whole roommate situation as an adult. I guess the folk coming here now are either cool with it, or making enough bread and comfortable spending that much on rent.

Because queens is taxing ...ontop of that its the most diverse borough so im sure its alotta out of towners there (i run into a few heads with south carolina backrounds who relocated to queens)

Queens don't really give a "NYC vibe" if that makes sense. Some parts feel like the burbs and transportation sucks in certain areas.

I assumed it was diverse only because of newer generations of families that had once lived in Brooklyn that now moved to Queens

I’m not in Queens all that much but I’ve never met no damn southerners there that’s for sure :lol:

Grew up in Boston

Some of the herbs I knew growing up moved to Williamsburg/Brooklyn/ other parts. Can’t imagine how bad it is there :lol: :lol:

I work in Banking and wouldn't mind living in NY as I assume it's inevitable eventually. That being said if I am going to be in paying NY prices I would much rather be in an international hub like London or Tokyo....

Man, there's really no place like Harlem (especially during the summer). I been here for like 10 years (128th & Lenox) and I'm genuinely going to miss it. Wish I could've purchased property here before the prices became OD. But with family life now, I don't even be out & about like that anymore.

I could never do the whole roommate situation as an adult. I guess the folk coming here now are either cool with it, or making enough bread and comfortable spending that much on rent.

I lived on 133rd and Lenox for a bit in Lenox Terrace. I miss summers uptown and in the heights. Fun times. I go back a lot. Same thing for me though with the family life. I don’t go out nearly as much as I used to, but I try to make a few short trips during the year.

On a side note, I miss that Jacob restaurant on 129th and Lenox. I’d always eat there.

Back
Top Bottom