I wanna live in NYC... Whats step #1

I wouldnt advise no out of towners to move to ny ..(born & raised ny’er that eventually bounced) ...not the glitz & glamour u see on tv ...cost of living is shi**y & like another poster said ny aint what it used to be...fell off mid 2000s ...alotta heads still living in ny is tryna get out of ny ....but to each their own...better options to get dough & live comfy elsewhere u just gonna have the title of saying “u live in ny”

The population of the city is actually declining for the past few years, more people tryna get out of this dump than get in :lol:

(lifelong and current nyc resident)

Before I get dudes inevitably jumping down my neck for not considering other places, I gotta live in the heart of the city b.

I don't want to go out for the night then sit on a subway to get back to my crib 30 minutes away

newflash b, none of da dope hotspots are in tourist sections...you gotta live near da hood for a poppin night life.

Queens don't really give a "NYC vibe" if that makes sense. Some parts feel like the burbs and transportation sucks in certain areas.
I had lived in jamaica queens for a few years definitely suburban because long island was a hop skip & jump away compared to the other side of queens that was city like that was closest to manhattan ...but truth be told to me only parts of bx (westside -parts of south bx) /manhattan(harlem-heights) & parts of queens (long island city ) gave off ny vibes ..vibes in brooklyn always felt different to me from the 90s up to now ..cant explain it but it felt different

newflash b, none of da dope hotspots are in tourist sections...you gotta live near da hood for a poppin night life.
Nightlife is trash now, I don't go out like that no more but the last few times I been out it was trash. Didn't even feel like a NYC environment.

Key is to move here, get your bread up, and then relocate with the same salary. I had friend that did that, and we and his wife have combined 500k or so income and moved to ATL. They live in Buckhead and he drives a z06. My girl and I make roughly the same and I live in a POS 1100 sqf apartment. I am actively looking to move to ATL/Charlotte/Raleigh/Dallas.
It is insane what you get in the burbs of ATL, Alpharetta you get an insane house for 900k. Half the jobs are out there anyway.

when i was in NY i met this bartender/PR and she told me her and 2 other roommates pay a rack each
i forget the area but shorty said the building has no elevators.

Back
Top Bottom