I wanna live in NYC... Whats step #1

I moved to NYC in may. As bad as San Francisco is, its still grimy and urban. No matter who moves it always has that seedy underground. Regardless of the yuppies. NYC is an amazing city but it seems to be done, I go everywhere and I just dont have fun here. In sf you can smoke pot in the streets. Cannibus lounges.This is just a California transplants outlook. Obviously different strokes...

Man if you don't have fun in NYC it's time to look at yourself. Not dissing you b but there's too dam much going on in this city daily.

I forgot SF has cannabis lounges. I was just planning a vacation, too.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Man if you don't have fun in NYC it's time to look at yourself. Not dissing you b but there's too dam much going on in this city daily.
O yea for sure, this is a me issue. I just don't feel it. Like I said NYC is an amazing city. Just not for me. Anymore. I'm not trying to go back to cali either right now. Best believe Im going to enjoy NYC to da fullest while I'm here.

Last edited:
Majority of my friends have "migraines" and medical cards :lol:

Last edited:
I love how the entire West Coast is about to drop the entire "Medical Marijuana" facade come years end. :lol:

Did OP ever say where he lives now?

I'd say just move when your young it's the best thing you can do before your settled. Give it a few years and see how you like it.

I'm talking about moving there without any sources of income established, you'd want at least $50k saved

Been in NYC all my life. Love it. Once you get past the overpriced ****, which is major hurdle of course, NYC has something for everyone. Why? Becuase it's filled with cultures and sub cultures and sub sub cultures etc. all interest and vices and out of this world **** is here and readily available. From good to bad NYC got it all.

I will say this. You Surivie here without mommy and daddy's help, like many young people here do and try to hide it, you are hustler in every sense and nothing anywhere else will break your cool. This **** ain't for the faint of heart and is only made for hustlers.

Did OP ever say where he lives now?

I'd say just move when your young it's the best thing you can do before your settled. Give it a few years and see how you like it.
Im in MD right now.
Been in NYC all my life. Love it. Once you get past the overpriced ****, which is major hurdle of course, NYC has something for everyone. Why? Becuase it's filled with cultures and sub cultures and sub sub cultures etc. all interest and vices and out of this world **** is here and readily available. From good to bad NYC got it all.

I will say this. You Surivie here without mommy and daddy's help, like many young people here do and try to hide it, you are hustler in every sense and nothing anywhere else will break your cool. This **** ain't for the faint of heart and is only made for hustlers.
i wanna be a hustler b

My friend is trying to move to LA with only $23k saved I told him its not enough.  Don't move to NYC without at least $50k saved

Sit down, my G. :lol:

I heard SF is just a cleaner version of NYC with more greenery, better weather, and less yambs

Fax or nah?

It's like the go-to move for young folks especially if they're Black

fixed.

you have no idea how wrong that original statement is.

Word? Do you mean Atlanta is dealing with gentrification or something?

As far as New York, nah I'm good on all that. I love the city but I also I love fresh air and trees, and rent prices that make some kind of gotdamn sense. Yall can have that. Although parts of DC ain't necessarily too far off from yall in terms of rent prices nowadays either :smh:

Last edited:
You gotta be dumber then a pack of tortillas to want to move to new york.

Only good thing about ny is that you can get food at any hour.

Weed prices too high.

Chicks got annoying accents.

Trash gets thrown on the street instead of trash cans or dumpsters.

You got chicks like kstezzy prancin around.

It smells.

Traffic.

I can go on.

I been in a solitary cell bigger then the apartments they got for $1500 up there.

They got vandal squads.

People are as pleasent as swamp *** on a hot humid Afghanistan day.

Last edited:
Dudes talking about small apts like NYC doesn't have houses in the bx, bk si, or queens for rent and a train/bus system that gets you anywhere 24 hours a day for $2.75. nyc to most of ya is just manhattan and west Brooklyn as Hollywood portrays it

Last edited:
Who wants to live in any of those parts of NYC though? That's like moving to the Bay Area and renting an apartment in Hayward or moving to LA and renting an apartment in Covina. They're not terrible places, but not desirable at all either. If your dream is to move to NYC and you end up living in the Bronx, you @$@$@$ up badly :lol:

Last edited:
Who wants to live in any of those parts of NYC though? That's like moving to the Bay Area and renting an apartment in Hayward or moving to LA and renting an apartment in Covina. They're not terrible places, but not desirable at all either. If your dream is to move to NYC and you end up living in the Bronx, you @$@$@$ up badly :lol:

How?? To get to Manhattan from the deepest parts of the bx on the 2,6,5,4 lines is still and hour or less away. Parkchester for example is still mostly Italians. Nice and clean area alive during the day and quiet at night. Propaganda has folks thinking like this. NYC is much much more than Manhattan or bk. And bk only got popular within the last 10 years soon it will be Astoria and then the bx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom