I wanna live in NYC... Whats step #1

yeah in SF I remember you can buy a Banh Mi at Vietnamese sandwich shops for $3 and the downtown hip spots are selling them for $8-10 each instead

Man this is why I moved out of SF to go back to all the Asian and Mexican communities in the Peninsula and South Bay. SF has been taken over by rich yet frumpy looking Midwesterners and East Coasters. Trust fund NYCers that have their parents pay for their rent all over the Marina :x Good ethnic food spots being taken over by hipster spots that serve drinks in glass jars. I can afford to live in the city just fine; just can't stand the current population that lives there now, so I moved out and live 30 mins away now.

Even back around 2009-2010, clubs and bars in the city were diverse and the women were :pimp:. Now it's just the same bland people from places like Iowa and @#$@ that came here and removed all the culture. I mean I work for one of the biggest startups that people like them flock to in SF but I'm not one of them and never will be :lol:

At the end of the day I think all major American cities are mediocre and dirty, but out of all of them SF was my favorite city until the past few years. Now I just want to move to somewhere in Asia as soon as I can

Last edited:
Man this is why I moved out of SF to go back to all the Asian and Mexican communities in the Peninsula and South Bay. SF has been taken over by rich yet frumpy looking Midwesterners and East Coasters. Trust fund NYCers that have their parents pay for their rent all over the Marina
sick.gif
I can afford to live in the city just fine; just can't stand the current population that lives there now, so I moved out and live 30 mins away now.

Even back around 2009-2010, clubs and bars in the city were diverse and the women were
pimp.gif
. Now it's just the people I just mentioned. I mean I work for one of the biggest startups that people like them flock to in SF but I'm not one of them
laugh.gif

I work with those tech bros every single day at my job :lol: They took over all the desirable parts of the city. I mean yeah, they haven't taken over Sunset yet, but I am not down to live in that almost 24/7 foggy @#$ part of the city with ancient looking houses and roads everywhere. I need modern housing in 2016 :lol: Sunset is 30-40 minutes by Muni to the main part of the city anyway, so I chose to live in Mountain View instead. 30 mins by car/Caltrain with a great renovated downtown and close to all the amazing Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese spots in the South Bay too

Last edited:
I heard people in Seattle are real d*cks towards out-of-towners. Idk how true that is but I still wanna visit Seattle and find out for myself

Not really. A good percentage of people that live in Seattle aren't from Seattle. I think what you might have heard about is the 'Seattle Freeze' which is basically people being socially awkward and quiet.

hmm..that might be it.

I work with those tech bros every single day at my job
laugh.gif
They took over all the desirable parts of the city. I mean yeah, they haven't taken over Sunset yet, but I am not down to live in that almost 24/7 foggy @#$ part of the city with ancient looking houses and roads everywhere. I need modern housing in 2016
laugh.gif
Sunset is 30-40 minutes by Muni to the main part of the city anyway, so I chose to live in Mountain View instead. 30 mins by car/Caltrain with a great renovated downtown and close to all the amazing Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese spots in the South Bay too

Yeah I live a 10 minute walk to downtown Mountain View, from where I take Caltrain to work. I HATED MV when I was younger because of how boring it was, but there's a lot of cool spots on Castro Street now. Most of the previously boring Peninsula and South Bay cities have improved A LOT in the past 5 years. I remember hating my life when I moved from SF to SJ for high school (moved back to the city after college) because of how boring it was at the time :lol:

Last edited:
what job markets are boomin right now? for all the nt'ers who live in the city right now what do yall do if you dont mind me askin

im graduating this dec with a degree in history :lol:

but i got 2+ years of basic IT work in... mostly help desk stuff so i wanna get into IT field... any tips? :nerd:

Teach in the School System

Yeah I live a 10 minute walk to downtown Mountain View, from where I take Caltrain to work. I HATED MV when I was younger because of how boring it was, but there's a lot of cool spots on Castro Street now. Most of the previously boring Peninsula and South Bay cities have improved A LOT in the past 5 years. I remember hating my life when I moved from SF to SJ for high school (moved back to the city after college) because of how boring it was at the time :lol:

My aunt lives on Sydney st, right down the street from Sues.

what job markets are boomin right now? for all the nt'ers who live in the city right now what do yall do if you dont mind me askin

im graduating this dec with a degree in history :lol:

but i got 2+ years of basic IT work in... mostly help desk stuff so i wanna get into IT field... any tips? :nerd:

Teach in the School System

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?Key...ompleteSelected=False&CanSeekStatusJobs=False

They got jobs there. Ignore the ones that say National Guard Membership Required. These are all Government (GS) job listings

Last edited:
damn, straight out of college and son wants to be in NYC? Doesnt sound like a smart move. Go back home, stack some spaghetti, build your resume THEN put in NYC in your head. I like your energy, though

Both times I moved to NYC I did with no plan and no job. I'm the type I just have to do it. Youll wait your whole life for the right moment.

I'd live in the outer boroughs or Uptown over Midtown anyday, completely different culture. Anyone calling these parts "undesirable" clearly don't know anything about NY.

i don't really care who you feel sorry for and you did not understand wrong.

I know you a young cat, so I have faith that your way of thinking will eventually mature, you don't need a plane to experience the rest of the county, you can set out on a roadtrip and get to know other places....life is more than just a pair of yeezys my dude...last but not least, you can't possibly claim NYC to be the best if you haven't set foot not even 300 miles from NY....you just wouldn't know.

Seriously tho, take a vacay, you have no clue what you are missing out on.

I know you a young cat, so I have faith that your way of thinking will eventually mature, you don't need a plane to experience the rest of the county, you can set out on a roadtrip and get to know other places....life is more than just a pair of yeezys my dude...last but not least, you can't possibly claim NYC to be the best if you haven't set foot not even 300 miles from NY....you just wouldn't know.

People I meet in Asia/Europe (outside of London and Paris) always tell me how I'm one of the few American tourists they've ever seen/met in their lives :smh: :lol: I was talking to a hostel owner when I was staying in Korea, and he was telling me when it comes to Westerner guests that come in during the year, 9/10 are Europeans/Aussies/Canadians while very rarely an American tourist like me will come through. They assume that most Americans are ignorant about other cultures and/or are afraid to step out of their comfort zones, which is 100% true

Last edited:

You aint from nyc if you don't think nyc the best, I don't care where you were born. And I have no desire to travel, haven't for most of my life. As for yeezys, I don't care much for em, they are aight though

not really

Last edited:
You aint from nyc if you don't think nyc the best, I don't care where you were born. And I have no desire to travel, haven't for most of my life. As for yeezys, I don't care much for em, they are aight though
not really

One day you'll realize the level of ignorance you are displaying...:I'm very much from NY....and no it is not the best place on the planet

You WILDIN'

I actually prefer that most Americans don't travel. Imagine all these Trump supporters and Ryan Lochte types abroad? The already existing hatred for Americans would increase 100000x.

Last edited:

I've stepped out of NYC numerous times and I still claim it's the best. That Pacific Northwest you love so much gets boring quick.

And I love when Europeans and Asian talk about Americans do t travel. No we dont travel to your country why tho? Plane tickets are too expensive also American is huge. From Washington state to my is about the same as going from the uk to west Russia. We have our own country to explore so miss me with that euro elitist talk.

Back
Top Bottom