I want to show you guys this vid from the /B/ Cringe thread vol. Do fat people repulse you?

Lmao because obese individuals eat off the dollar menu
roll.gif

You silly kid.
Because you really think your making sense.

Mann this thread was popping tonight

jennifer-hudson-before-after.jpg

will power.

This dosent really count.
She was always thin
Had a kid(s)
Then lost the weight
Which is easier to do when your naturally thin.

No I have no does who she is. Saw her on that weight watchers commercial and the wife told me

Once AGAIN....you do not need to eat organic food to lose weight...vegetables, lean meats, water are not exclusive to the better neighborhoods, all hoods have equal access to these nutritious foods, show me a western beef in the good that doesn't carry veggies, lean meats and water....as a matter of fact show me a corner store that can't provide you with some of these essentials, son I grew up in the Bronx, I know why type of supermarkets the hood has.
I'm not sayng you need organic foods to lose weight at all. Look I'm with yall that ultimately calories in versus calories out determines weight loss and weight gain. I also agree that convenience and complacency certainly contribute significantly to the obesity epidemic. I think it's silly though to deny that geography and socioeconomics influence obesity at least to some extent, though. Read the abstract here for instance: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10900-007-9071-7#page-1

What I'm objecting to is you making categorical statements based on personal experience. Just because from your personal experience in the Bronx you haven't found it exceedingly difficult to get your hands on healthy, affordable food does not mean that that is necessarily true for the nation as a hold. Go read some of the literature on the subject of food deserts. If you want to have an informed discussion on issues like this, it's necessary to take a look at the literature, not base everything off personal experience. If once you take a look at the literature, you still believe that socioeconomics and geography play no part in the obesity epidemic, then I'll be a lot more incline to believe you, but right now you aren't providing any evidence for your statements beyond personal experience.

What low income community in the United States do you live in where people aren't whipping out food stamps? That whole economic argument is real weak. If you only ate $5 worth of any food a day, you would not be obese. It isn't possible. People are not obese because of the type of food they eat, they are obese because of the amount of calories that they consume. This mentality of blaming society for everything is getting tiresome. I agree that education is the best solution, but Steezy is telling you from his personal experience that you can find healthy food in low income communities. I know this to be fact as well.
Logically I would agree with you that if you're income is limited you wouldn't be purchasing as many calories, but take a look at some of the following studies:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/7/2225.short
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002822307016161
http://ajae.oxfordjournals.org/content/87/5/1167.extract

Engel's law dictates that as income increases the proportion spent on food decreases. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel's_law . I.e. poor people spend a greater proportion of their income on food than rich people.

Once AGAIN....you do not need to eat organic food to lose weight...vegetables, lean meats, water are not exclusive to the better neighborhoods, all hoods have equal access to these nutritious foods, show me a western beef in the good that doesn't carry veggies, lean meats and water....as a matter of fact show me a corner store that can't provide you with some of these essentials, son I grew up in the Bronx, I know why type of supermarkets the hood has.
I'm not sayng you need organic foods to lose weight at all. Look I'm with yall that ultimately calories in versus calories out determines weight loss and weight gain. I also agree that convenience and complacency certainly contribute significantly to the obesity epidemic. I think it's silly though to deny that geography and socioeconomics influence obesity at least to some extent, though. Read the abstract here for instance: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10900-007-9071-7#page-1

What I'm objecting to is you making categorical statements based on personal experience. Just because from your personal experience in the Bronx you haven't found it exceedingly difficult to get your hands on healthy, affordable food does not mean that that is necessarily true for the nation as a hold. Go read some of the literature on the subject of food deserts. If you want to have an informed discussion on issues like this, it's necessary to take a look at the literature, not base everything off personal experience. If once you take a look at the literature, you still believe that socioeconomics and geography play no part in the obesity epidemic, then I'll be a lot more incline to believe you, but right now you aren't providing any evidence for your statements beyond personal experience.

What low income community in the United States do you live in where people aren't whipping out food stamps? That whole economic argument is real weak. If you only ate $5 worth of any food a day, you would not be obese. It isn't possible. People are not obese because of the type of food they eat, they are obese because of the amount of calories that they consume. This mentality of blaming society for everything is getting tiresome. I agree that education is the best solution, but Steezy is telling you from his personal experience that you can find healthy food in low income communities. I know this to be fact as well.
Logically I would agree with you that if you're income is limited you wouldn't be purchasing as many calories, but take a look at some of the following studies:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/7/2225.short
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002822307016161
http://ajae.oxfordjournals.org/content/87/5/1167.extract

Engel's law dictates that as income increases the proportion spent on food decreases. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel's_law . I.e. poor people spend a greater proportion of their income on food than rich people.

Obviously poor people spend a larger percentage of their budget on food. They make less money. The fact still remains that healthy low calorie meals can be prepared on any budget.

Last edited:
This thread is wild.  Some insightful opinions, but then some bone-headed ones.

I believe OBESITY is a choice.  More calories in with less calories out = FAT accumulation.

You have to pay attention to what you're putting into your body.

I believe OBESITY is a choice.  More calories in with less calories out = FAT accumulation.

But there are more factors than just that. That math makes sense, but economics  play as big a role. Its just funny that mutiple people going against it are the ones who have lived in lower income areas and or have been fat.

and thats it.

nothing else matters.

some of yall must have low self esteem or just aren't very bright by the way you waste time arguing and trying to prove yourself right about things that you don't even know that much about. Its just your opinion, leave it alone already
you keep posting in this thread but you're not really saying anything or contributing to the topic

You're offended because this applies to you, we get it.

some of yall must have low self esteem or just aren't very bright by the way you waste time arguing and trying to prove yourself right about things that you don't even know that much about. Its just your opinion, leave it alone already

you keep posting in this thread but you're not really saying anything or contributing to the topic

You're offended because this applies to you, we get it.

This definitely doesn't apply to him... At all :lol:

How does it apply to me-? I'm probably in better shape than you are and I don't even "wrestle" for a living
grin.gif

didn't you used to be fat, Mr Club?
when i was a kid perhaps

I dont wrestle for a living fella, just a hobby. Still got too much love for MMA

dudes think they're insulting me or something when they bring that up 
laugh.gif

like "watch im gonna bring up this wrestling thing to Club and then its GAME OVAH!"

you keep saying this like 'oh its a circle jerk' and 'you guys dont know what you're talking about' but alot of people in here do know exactly what they're talking about.

its just falling on deaf ears.

you're not contributing anything other than your whining.

and i doubt you're in better shape than me, but thats a subject for another time.

Last edited:
How does it apply to me-? I'm probably in better shape than you are and I don't even "wrestle" for a living
grin.gif

didn't you used to be fat, Mr Club?
when i was a kid perhaps

I dont wrestle for a living fella, just a hobby. Still got too much love for MMA

dudes think they're insulting me or something when they bring that up 
laugh.gif
I bring it up because I thought it was hilarious when you said "I don't like to tell people I wrestle" in the confessions thread. It cracks me up to this day. 
laugh.gif

I bring it up because I thought it was hilarious when you said "I don't like to tell people I wrestle" in the confessions thread. It cracks me up to this day.  
laugh.gif
so its been cracking you up for a week or so? Cool, good for you. 
laugh.gif

^ only to someone who desperately keeps trying to "insult" me all while still trying to sound casual and lighthearted about it 
wink.gif

Do your thing though, seems important to ya.

Last edited:
^ only to someone who desperately keeps trying to "insult" me all while still trying to sound casual and lighthearted about it 
wink.gif

Do your thing though, seems important to ya.
Sadly, you are wrong. 

You have some kind of anomaly that is making you believe every little joke is against your character. You desperately look for some kind of way to think somebody is out to get you, but then you joke on other people every chance you get. Deny this all you want, but I'll see you calling me a chubby chaser, or a fattie in a minute. 

I have absolutely nothing against you, as you refuse to believe. Hell, I even took the time out to tell you happy birthday. 

But okay, I'll play along.

"I hate you, Club! You undercover wrestler you!"

I do good?

Charlie, i would believe you if you didnt CONSTANTLY quote me and try and say something slick 
laugh.gif

You're doing the "lighthearted and casual" thing right now. you're literally doing it right now 

but thats neither here nor there. im not trying to give Meth any reason to lock this thread.

Last edited:
That wasn't used as an insult club, I ain't trying to ruffle anybody's feathers- but this thread has just turned into a back and forth about different scenarios and opinions (for the most part). I'm not seeing any progress, but y'all can keep debating all u want. I figured you were getting paid to do it- whatever floats your boat though

^agreed with Charles right there
eh not really..it's really come down to one or two people talmbout if you're 'poor' you can't eat healthy which is complete bunk.  nobody will let it go, doesn't change the fact that it's bunk.  that's not my opinion, it's fact.  heart of b'more, plenty of regular grocers to go to.  during the day carts with fruits and veggies round fells point.  if someone doesn't wanna take the time to do it, that's one thing but to say it isn't available?  that's ******** famb.  

Back
Top Bottom