I want to show you guys this vid from the /B/ Cringe thread vol. Do fat people repulse you?

Acceptance wont change anything. It encourages people to do NOTHING about their obesity. Just how more men and boys growing up are more feminine and soft, because it's socially acceptable. That wasn't the case 50 years ago when men had to act like, men.

Care to elaborate?

I love cigarettes

I also love really unhealthy food

I also love drinking liquor

But I also exercise regularly and know when to do what. I don't eat crazy junk food or fast food all the time, just like I grew out of smoking everyday and I only drink on the weekends.

I try not to judge anyone at all, because it does nothing but give you a sense of being "Better than" that, if you really looked at your own life, you would know you don't deserve.

That person may treat their body like crap but they might all around be a way better person than you.

So, while I do agree that a lot of obese and fat people got there through bad decisions and laziness, I refuse to put them down or try to point out how much better I am. That's something that as you mature you work on in general, not just with fat people.

Dudes are encouraged to be soft. Manliness is frowned upon. In short.

But like I said before, turning everyone into a woman is profitable. Women spend $.
Making sure everyone is fat is profitable.

who encourages men to be soft and how is manliness frowned upon? just curious. i know socially men are becoming more soft but i dont see where it is encouraged.

who encourages men to be soft and how is manliness frowned upon? just curious. i know socially men are becoming more soft but i dont see where it is encouraged.

DC thinks if you aint chewin iron you soft.

I'll take a guess and predict that he will say skinny jeans, cleaniness/self-grooming,men wearing "women's" clothing, eating salads, wearing pastel colors, cooking, etc.etc are signs of softness being encouraged.

Men arent becoming soft. American society is just become too overly aggressive.

I feel no remorse for people who are overweight and complain about it. If you're fat and you don't care, that's fine with me. But nothing irks me more than people who want remorse and sympathy for something they can control. 

i am overweight. im 5'11 and about 220.

I am lazy, i dont eat right, and i HATE it. No one should be "proud" of being overweight. Theres no excuse. i simply have poor dedication when it comes to exercise and im weak when it comes to eating healthy. i hate seeing fat people shrug at the fact that they're fat.

I run about 3 miles ( 10:30 miles, trying to get down to 9 minute miles) every other day and im trying really hard to hold on to the high that comes along with a good exercise and break away from the cheap high i get from eating unhealthy garbage. Its hard but failing is still failing and up until this point I've failed. i lost 20 pounds last year, simply running and not eating snacks. it got cold and i got too lazy or cheap to join a gym. i have no sympathy for fat people. its an addiction and i get the socio-economic aspect of obesity but its not an excuse. i dont give myself a pass on other life failures why should this slide?

i love myself and im a happy person ftr, but this is definitely something i think about constantly and I am trying to overcome before its too late.

This is not a fat bashing thread, but when you get enough people to call it that, well then.... 
mean.gif

Cant even discuss a major issue (yes, a major issue) with being called a bully now-a-days
mean.gif

Its really unfortunate.

I think people are under the impression that 'Do fat people repulse you?' is the topic of conversation.

that is just a quote from the video

do people even read post content anymore or do they just go by the thread?

I dont get you guys sometimes

Last edited:
@ work my fat coworkers (basically 60-70%) I get annoyed when they tell me I'm skinny and I should eat more. Working in an environment where its okay to be fat but not okay to be skinny/ watch their figure? smh.

notice it on facebook too. When a skinny girl posts a pic all these fat people tell the girl she need to eat more lol.

Last edited:
people are fat because we no longer have to hunt to survive.

you literally have to go to a center and do repetitive actions in order to stay in shape.

I think being fat is weak if you're thinking along the terms of "competing" for attention, but it's kind of the lifestyle we're in now.

Acceptance wont change anything. It encourages people to do NOTHING about their obesity. Just how more men and boys growing up are more feminine and soft, because it's socially acceptable. That wasn't the case 50 years ago when men had to act like, men.

Care to elaborate?

By accepting obesity, it's basically an approval and encourages obese people to do nothing about their weight since there is no societal pressure to do so. I'm not trying to come off as an obese hater because I'm not, but outside of a few pacific islands, the U.S. is the fattest nation on earth and obesity is on the rise. We shouldn't accept obesity, we should strive to be a healthy nation. As bad as it sounds, obese people a detrimental to society. They cause medical bills and medical insurance prices to go up. Statistics show they miss more work than people at healthy weights. They are also more likely to go on social security disability which we all pay for.

We should not let obesity be accepted by society, because it encourages people to remain unhealthy and at the end of the day it doesn't just affect them, but all of us.

Last edited:

you literally have to go to a center and do repetitive actions in order to stay in shape.

False. Look around the world, there are countries with very little obesity rates, especially compared to the U.S. It's a cultural problem this country has.

False. Look around the world, there are countries with very little obesity rates, especially compared to the U.S. It's a cultural problem this country has.

yes, because we don't walk anywhere.

so yes, I'm saying it is cultural, in our culture everyone has a car or takes public transportation.

I don't care if fat ppl want to eat themselves to death. It's the same way with cig smokers. Whether it's a heart attack or lung cancer why should I care how you choose to treat your body which will most likely lead to an early grave?

But cigarette marketing has been all but taken away 100% and labels are on the package that essentially say "Thanks for buying me, you will die from me." This hasn't stopped cigarette consumption by any means, but the recognition and general perception has changed and new laws put into place to ban smoking in public places.

There's no warning labels for food that is killing people and no limit to what they consume. I think if MORE people knew that the food they were eating was hurting their bodies as badly as they do they would be more conscious about those decisions. If there could be some type of limit or knowledge about it the mentality of obesity being just fine would change, IMO.
That really makes no difference imo. There doesn't need to be warning labels on food. If ppl don't know that eating too much unhealthy food is not good for you then it's death by ignorance and lack of common sense. What you're saying here about prevention and precautions of death by eating unhealthy kinda assumes that all marketing for food is directed at only fat ppl. I'm sure there's plenty fit and healthy ppl that once in a while will indulge.

Either way public perception and the treatment of smoking as opposed to how it's handled with food isn't changing the amount of dambs I don't give about fat ppl choosing to remain or become fatter. I'm not seeing the impact and just to be clear cigarettes is just one example. I could've easily went with alcohol, cuz there's less stigma with that. Drinking is marketed as okay as long as you don't drive right after despite cirrhosis of the liver, alcohol poisoning, and all of the violent crimes and acts that are caused by alcohol consumption. Plenty other indulgences out there that are unhealthy as well some I may even part take in time to time but overall big picture I don't see it as a societal problem for me nor a cause that would rustle my jimmies.

Thank you for saying what everyone is thinking.

And it's comical there is a "Fat struggle" and the first thing people want to do is compare it to real struggles by people who have no choice in the matter. sexuality, gender, ethnicity, are not comparable to health that you can directly change.

100% agree as a society we are all trying to accept mediocrity than improve ourselves and it's a joke.

This is not a fat bashing thread, but when you get enough people to call it that, well then.... 
mean.gif

Cant even discuss a major issue (yes, a major issue) with being called a bully now-a-days
mean.gif

Its really unfortunate.

I think people are under the impression that 'Do fat people repulse you?' is the topic of conversation.

that is just a quote from the video

do people even read post content anymore or do they just go by the thread?

I dont get you guys sometimes
Health and nutrition are important issues.  So is education.  You don't start a "serious thread" on education by saying, in effect, 

"Don't stupid people disgust you?  Earning my graduate degrees was totally easy for me because I'm smart, handsome, responsible, and handsome.  All of these idiots who don't even have a lousy masters degree are just lazy.  Don't even get me started on 'social promotion.'  And yeah, I know that some jerks are stupid because they have brain damage or some other genetic weirdness, so don't even say it, but that's totally minuscule compared to the vast majority of dummies who are stupid because they didn't put forth the effort needed to crack a book.  They should all be shamed and scorned until I somehow feel better about myself.   Cliff's Notes for you lazy morons:  you're dumb and I'm smart.  Discuss.  Now.  I said do it." 

Nothing about this thread is credible.  If you're going to engage in gratuitous "fat bashing," then at least have the decency to accept that you're acting like a bully.  But don't sit here and say, "I'm insulting fatties for their own good."  You're not twelve.  You're not on a bodybuilding forum.  

If it's a serious issue to you, drop the contemptuous, disrespectful attitude and approach it with an ounce of maturity. 

That you're somehow baffled as to why you aren't being taken seriously is the only laughable part of this thread. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of factors are there that need to be examined. Mental issues, control factor, self discipline, genetics, family or friendly environment, playing sports/not, nutritional education, Heavy people have to do twice the work skinny people do to loose weight, as skinny people have to do twice the eating to gain weight like a heavier person...

In my family, my older brother always had a good metabolism so along with sports he was fit until he started parenthood, which he is still in decent shape. My older sister has pretty much been obese her whole life, she did track and field throughout high-school and college shot put and discus, and shes still heavy till this day. Me I'm taller then my older brother and sister and I was baby chubby/not obese, but my metabo and sports pretty much formed my currently fit body today. This is where I get my observable evidence that genetics does play a role in obesity. My brother and I got the luck of the draw, and since heavy set women run rampant on my fathers side, my sister picked up that genetic platform IMO.. Both of my parents were toothpicks when younger, then transformed into older averagely weighed parents...

Like everything in life I believe in relativity, so you have bone skinny and garbage dumpster fat and everything in between, but i'm not to ignorant to know that soceity formation does have a role of the populations health, america runs on unhealthy processed food, and its like you have to go underground to get to the healthy lifestyle here...

Truth is everyone can do something about their situation if they can understand the power of Will and create a proven formula for themselves. But the reality is, life is way to complicated and filled with heavy fog and pathways that obstruct mental ability.life changes. Family deaths, higher education, relationships, pain, ignorance in society, denial, oppersion, bigger issues, work plus excuse plus no time, attaching others ideologies to their own without thinking for themselves etc.....

Like trying to tell a hood dude that selling and killing isnt the only way to live llfe, all they're thinking is I have to eat < It's obvious to you, but their mental perception on the situation is skewed

You get the point, We all know healthy eating and exercise is the solution, but it's just simply not that simple...

@ work my fat coworkers (basically 60-70%) I get annoyed when they tell me I'm skinny and I should eat more. Working in an environment where its okay to be fat but not okay to be skinny/ watch their figure? smh.

notice it on facebook too. When a skinny girl posts a pic all these fat people tell the girl she need to eat more lol.
Someone brought up black women and something I see often on FB is this.

If a big girl is on a quest to lose weight, during her progresss, if she posts pictures you will see folks say stuff like, "Don't lose too much weight. We don't want you to disappear." :smh:

I see this OFTEN man....

That really makes no difference imo. There doesn't need to be warning labels on food. If ppl don't know that eating too much unhealthy food is not good for you then it's death by ignorance and lack of common sense. What you're saying here about prevention and precautions of death by eating unhealthy kinda assumes that all marketing for food is directed at only fat ppl. I'm sure there's plenty fit and healthy ppl that once in a while will indulge.

Either way public perception and the treatment of smoking as opposed to how it's handled with food isn't changing the amount of dambs I don't give about fat ppl choosing to remain or become fatter. I'm not seeing the impact and just to be clear cigarettes is just one example. I could've easily went with alcohol, cuz there's less stigma with that. Drinking is marketed as okay as long as you don't drive right after despite cirrhosis of the liver, alcohol poisoning, and all of the violent crimes and acts that are caused by alcohol consumption. Plenty other indulgences out there that are unhealthy as well some I may even part take in time to time but overall big picture I don't see it as a societal problem for me nor a cause that would rustle my jimmies.

There are plenty of people that don't know how badly the foods they eat are hurting them unfortunately. It doesn't even have to be aimed towards obese people either just like you were saying, EVERYONE needs to know how bad this fast food and stuff will disturb their health. That's more of a different topic about how food and specifically food labels are allowed to be marketed in the United States.

Back
Top Bottom