I was in Long Island, New York today....

mad.gif
sick.gif
I never been to a place so dead. I was furious and angry being there. I went to drop my cousins @ tanger outlet.

Disgusting. It's not even like I hate the burbs (shout out to Holmdel, New Jersey). I been to the burbs plenty of time, but these shopping complexes are just sad. How do you only have 2 people running a whole store.

Long Island for the lose.

Happy to be back in NYC
pimp.gif

What I mean to say is: How can people live in such desolation? It's like zero human contact outside your parents and family. There's no reason to talk to any stranger in these places. It's living in such a lonely state, none of what you do matters. You're whole existence become lost, IMO. It's like living in a desert, really sucks.

How could you ever be happy alone? No one successful is alone.

I live in Stony Brook, about 15 min from Tanger and that isnt the case at all here. Yeah its pretty dead in Riverhead, its damn near the Hamptons which is pretty much the end of long island. Not ALL of long island is dead like that.

I used to go to Rockville Centre...I've never seen a bigger collection of boring douches in my life.

yeah went to hofstra. work there now. its pretty much the lamest place in the world. thank god the city is a half hour train ride...but long beach is actually pretty nice with a fun night life and community

but like who the hell has high school football games on saturday afternoons? i know what you're saying though, a lot of places out here are missing some serious culture. so bland.

A. you were in riverhead. there's a reason they build huge outlets there. there's nothing else in the way.

B. that's the very end of suffolk county. nassau is a lot more populated (but obviously nowhere near as bustling as manhattan) but honestly comparable to queens and even parts of brooklyn as far as nightlife.

C. STRONG ISLAND STAND UP!!!!

jlab0ch0, can you post the picture in your avy but the full version
pimp.gif

I went there once and never went back

Son you feel this way about Long Island? Imagine places like NC, SC or down south in general. I was miserable when I went to go visit my boy in NC last summer. I was so happy to get back to NYC
smh.gif
smh.gif

Were just city folk. Any place other than the city sucks. ANY PLACE.

I go there, I see 2 kids making out on a bench. THere is seriously nothing to do. I dipped so fast, doing 110 on the shore parkway.

AND YO. PEOPLE DRIVE SLOW TOO??!?!?!? Theres seriously no one in the road!

WHAT'S REALLY UP?? THESE PEOPLE LIVE LIFE SO CONTENTLY, SO SLOWLY, SO EVENPACED.

I'm driving like... DAMN you really have no where to go?

I can't do it. Never again am i going to an outlet (bc they're in the dead burbs).

And how does your existence suddenly matter in NYC?

If you're a nobody in LI, you're a nobody in the city.

There are dead areas in any suburb/or non-city area, but you're acting like they're living in isolated shacks in the woods. It's like any other suburbs out there, schools, parks, malls, movie theaters, etc. It's the suburb to one of the world's most popular cities... how could it possibly compare to NYC?

The Village of Stony Brook is really nice

LI has some good spots. It's an expansive land mass so naturally there's some places that are quieter than others. It's the suburbs, it's not the city. Some people prefer that lifestyle.

damn you don't want to come to Ohio bro u go outside at 11 at night the street's be dead unless u go downtown by the OSU campus

I miss NYC

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I go there, I see 2 kids making out on a bench. THere is seriously nothing to do. I dipped so fast, doing 110 on the shore parkway.

AND YO. PEOPLE DRIVE SLOW TOO??!?!?!? Theres seriously no one in the road!

WHAT'S REALLY UP?? THESE PEOPLE LIVE LIFE SO CONTENTLY, SO SLOWLY, SO EVENPACED.

I'm driving like... DAMN you really have no where to go?

I can't do it. Never again am i going to an outlet (bc they're in the dead burbs).

Spoken like a True New Yorker

Originally Posted by Big J 33

And how does your existence suddenly matter in NYC?

If you're a nobody in LI, you're a nobody in the city.

There are dead areas in any suburb/or non-city area, but you're acting like they're living in isolated shacks in the woods. It's like any other suburbs out there, schools, parks, malls, movie theaters, etc. It's the suburb to one of the world's most popular cities... how could it possibly compare to NYC?
word

The Majority of LI isn't even dead like that
and you need to know people, what the crap kind of social contact do you expect if you don't know anyone there?
If anything as far as how laid back people are LI>NYC
Obviously not as far as convenience goes, but its a suburb, the eff do you expect.
You're probably ugly or something brah

word i hate long island. the people are mad different over there too, it's like your in another state altogether.

I couldn't live in the city. I like going out to my driveway and washing my car. Opening up my garage and working my car while listening to music. I like to have friends over on warm days and go out in my backyard and chill. I like to be able to have backyard BBQs. Friends and family can easily find parking when they come over. I love that I can go outside in my boxers and a t to get my paper or my mail and not have to worry about hella people looking at me. I like that my house has plenty of space. I can go outside and play with my dog on the lawn..

It's the suburbs though, obviously its gonna be more quiet and uneventful. Alot of people work in the city yet live in the suburbs so they can have houses with backyards and a quiet, peaceful environment to raise a family.

I'm from San Jose CA, which is basically a huge suburb of San Francisco, and I'm definitely a city guy so I know what you're talking about. there's not a whole lot to do here unless you're rich or into hockey. But it's a tradeoff because my parents get to live in a nice house that would be impossible to get in a crowded city like SF.

Back
Top Bottom