"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

Took a look through your Instagram. Seems like you're truly living like a king in Atlanta. Salute to your family btw :nthat: .

Question, do you ever get bored with the small town life (no offense)? For me not being close to water bugs me.

I can see the Manhattan skyline perfectly from my rooftop, there's nothing like it. As much as I complain, I love the diversity here in NY.

Preciate you bro. Naw it bother me at all man. I been living on the outskirts of ATL damn near all my life. And where I stay it literally takes me 20 mins to get downtown. So I got the best of both worlds.

Question, do you ever get bored with the small town life (no offense)? For me not being close to water bugs me.

I can see the Manhattan skyline perfectly from my rooftop, there's nothing like it. As much as I complain, I love the diversity here in NY.

we have this thing called Interstate 285 (I-285) which forms a giant circle or perimeter (what we call it) around the city and metro areas.

if you live inside (ITPer), you dont/rarely leave it. you live outside (OTPer) you really have the best of both worlds because you dont mind the commute.

i got sucked into living inside it for the past 7-8 years and i rarely visit my family (parents and brother) who live 30-45 minutes away. :smh:

Been to Raleigh/Durham a few times, including just last week. I don't see it. Care to elaborate?

Growing city, crime rate, jobs and cost of living.

Got it.

Yeah it seems like a solid city to raise a family but nothing spectacular about it which is in line with the things you mentioned.

Just too small for my liking but I see its appeal for families

we have this thing called Interstate 285 (I-285) which forms a giant circle or perimeter (what we call it) around the city and metro areas.

if you live inside (ITPer), you dont/rarely leave it. you live outside (OTPer) you really have the best of both worlds because you dont mind the commute.

i got sucked into living inside it for the past 7-8 years and i rarely visit my family (parents and brother) who live 30-45 minutes away. :smh:

ITP Is best of both worlds because you are next to everything and you are going AGAINST traffic if you ever need to go to the burbs. Farthest out I will ever live is probably camp creek.

mean.gif
bmore and north philly are no joke.
Breh, I ran in 5K there. Then we went on the "The Wire" tour... 
mean.gif

I actually cried. Not because I'm soft or anything but because I actually saw "the system". I felt bad for them kids, 90% of them don't even stand a chance.

If I can find a job in ATL or Charlotte I'm dippin right back down south , ain't even thinkin twice ... Anybody got info on any other cool cities to live in in the south ? (Orlando, Memphis, etc )[/quote]

Don't move to Orlando or Tampa. Orlando got some fine women tho but after 6 months these some boring cities.

If I can find a job in ATL or Charlotte I'm dippin right back down south , ain't even thinkin twice ... Anybody got info on any other cool cities to live in in the south ? (Orlando, Memphis, etc )

I've been in Charlotte going on eight years and it has truly grown. The culture here is diverse since you have many millennials migrating to this area post graduating. Night life is solid--still growing, people are friendly, variety of business and career opportunities,and experience of all four seasons.

The cons are even with progression and various cultures in the area, it is still a deep-rooted south stigma here, cost of living is gradually increasing, traffic is nuisance (not DC, NYC, ATL, MIA,LA, or Bay area bad), and Panther fans are the worst.

In conclusion, definitely recommend residing here for two years to sample the area for a long term option.

Last edited:
sick.gif
mean.gif
you seen ATL too many times Brooklyn

HJ is a major hub man
roll.gif
The folks you see at Hartsfield–Jackson International are not exactly the same you see in the city. I fly once a month and I admit I see some characters in the security lines. 

Anyway, I'm a 27 year old white male who has lived in the suburbs of Atlanta for 18 years, and actually lived in downtown Atlanta for 2 years in college. Spent the majority of my childhood in and around the city as I played AAU basketball and was the only white player on my team. It was some of the best years of my life. Fast forward 10 years and I've been basically living/working around the most affluent community in all of Georgia - Johns Creek. I rarely go to the city anymore unless it's for some sporting event or family day out. Atlanta as a whole doesn't have a whole lot to offer to me anymore, but there is opportunity here. Hell, I am building my "live like a king" lifestyle as we speak.

We are staying in North Fulton/Alpharetta area and are looking to buy a house soon. I love it out here, as I don't have a commute since my office is so close. Wifey drives to Buckhead to work, and it's about 45 mins to an hour each way. Schools are great in North Fulton, and also Forsyth county. I grew up in Gwinnett for 8 years and it was different back then. I wouldn't live there now if you paid me. Some nice areas still, but just not my cup of tea.

A lot of the whites left and headed to Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Cumming, and Woodstock or Roswell. That's where the real money is. But yeah, you can live like a king down on the southside or around the city, but I have a 5 year old so schools matter most to us, and I never really fell in love with Atlanta. It honestly is not a well kept city. Buckead and Midtown are nice, but as others have noted, they really are separate from Atlanta. Buckhead basically has its own skyline these days. The infrastructure here is terrible though, you basically have to live close to work or else you will be stuck in the car 2 hours a day.  It's not like a Chicago or NYC with lots of rail - MARTA is a joke and they keep trying to bring it out the suburbs, but folks don't want it out this way. 

Last edited:
I told you guys that John Creek is the come up city...Better make your way out there!

Never been to Johns Creek in all the years I've been out here.

Fam, I was in ATL 5 years....never even heard of it.

Maybe I seen it on an exit sign or something, cuz it sounds vaguely familiar. I just have a feeling it isn't for "us" :lol:.

I've been hearing good things about Charlotte and the Triangle area, was thinking about Raleigh or Cary, sounds like what ATL used to be before the real come up and oversaturation.

Back
Top Bottom