"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

Fam, I was in ATL 5 years....never even heard of it.

Maybe I seen it on an exit sign or something, cuz it sounds vaguely familiar. I just have a feeling it isn't for "us"
laugh.gif
once i read dudes post about it, i knew it aint for us....lol......folk forget GA is still the south, especially the further out you are

Agreed. That's also something to be cognizant for moving down here. You ought to know that being in the city, you're a bit more insulated from that reality. There are a few other areas where it's diverse and the racial mix up/relations are cool, but there are places where ignorance gets the best of people. Valdosta to name one. :smh:

Fam, I was in ATL 5 years....never even heard of it.

Maybe I seen it on an exit sign or something, cuz it sounds vaguely familiar. I just have a feeling it isn't for "us" :lol:.

Lol aint no reason for "us" to be round those parts unless you have a gig in those parts

Lol aint no reason for "us" to be round those parts unless you have a gig in those parts
I see what you all are implying, but I do not see any of that in Johns Creek. I assume you are talking racism. I do hear areas up in North Forsyth/Cumming area you will see the Confederate flag and that white trash non-sense, but Johns Creek is very diverse. Lots of African Americans, but they have money. It is a very wealthy area - like wealthiest zip code in the state type.

#3 City in the U.S. to live in according to USA Today - 

3. Johns Creek, Ga.

> Population: 83,108
> Median home value: $332,700
> Poverty rate: 4.5%
> Pct. with at least a bachelor's degree: 66.9%
> Amenities per 100,000 residents: 629.3

While Georgia generally fares worse than most states in many social and economic measures, Johns Creek residents benefit from high incomes, low poverty, high levels of education, and plenty of amenities. The median annual household income in Johns Creek is nearly $100,000, roughly double the state's median income. Also, the poverty rate of 4.5% is considerably lower than the the national poverty rate of 15.5% and even more so than the state rate of 18.3%. High levels of education among area adults partly explain the high incomes and likely improve the quality of life for the local community in a variety of other ways. Nearly 67% of adults in Johns Creek have at least a bachelor's degree, more than twice the nationwide corresponding education attainment rate and one of the highest of any city.

Johns Creek residents also have access to a remarkable number of leisure activities, especially restaurants. There are around 630 eating locations per 100,000 city residents, the second highest concentration of such amenities in the nation.

Last edited:
So basically if you aint wealthy black, your looking crazy out in john creek....i always knew johns creek as braves, falcon, and ceo land

good read thank you

NYC wins

i hear Dallas is nice but, TX is too hot for me. NC seems like nice balance more so than ATL or Dallas

Last edited:
Meh. I can believe homie when he says it's diverse up there in Johns Creek. From the sounds of it, wealthy people (regardless of race) are trying to keep it under wraps and nestled away from the lower income people. I'd literally never heard about it until I started working at Emory last fall and one of my coworkers mentioned that she lived up there.

Last edited:
Meh. I can believe homie when he says it's diverse up there in Johns Creek. From the sounds of it, wealthy people (regardless of race) are trying to keep it under wraps and nestled away from the lower income people. I'd literally never heard about it until I started working at Emory last fall and one of my coworkers mentioned that she lived up there.

Nobody is keeping it under rap, its more that the "city" was literally created in 2006.

I see what you all are implying, but I do not see any of that in Johns Creek. I assume you are talking racism. I do hear areas up in North Forsyth/Cumming area you will see the Confederate flag and that white trash non-sense, but Johns Creek is very diverse. Lots of African Americans, but they have money. It is a very wealthy area - like wealthiest zip code in the state type.

#3 City in the U.S. to live in according to USA Today - 

3. Johns Creek, Ga.
> Population: 83,108

> Median home value: $332,700

> Poverty rate: 4.5%

> Pct. with at least a bachelor's degree: 66.9%

> Amenities per 100,000 residents: 629.3

While Georgia generally fares worse than most states in many social and economic measures, Johns Creek residents benefit from high incomes, low poverty, high levels of education, and plenty of amenities. The median annual household income in Johns Creek is nearly $100,000, roughly double the state's median income. Also, the poverty rate of 4.5% is considerably lower than the the national poverty rate of 15.5% and even more so than the state rate of 18.3%. High levels of education among area adults partly explain the high incomes and likely improve the quality of life for the local community in a variety of other ways. Nearly 67% of adults in Johns Creek have at least a bachelor's degree, more than twice the nationwide corresponding education attainment rate and one of the highest of any city.
Johns Creek residents also have access to a remarkable number of leisure activities, especially restaurants. There are around 630 eating locations per 100,000 city residents, the second highest concentration of such amenities in the nation.

Nah nobody is talking racism what so ever. Johns Creek is one of those towns that just popped up out of the woods, I`d never live there more so because it lacks actual history and culture when it comes to its role in the history of ATL. And the term "diversity" doesnt mean much to me as people tend to call a majority of white people with a sprinkle or other races "diverse". I dont knock anyone who live there but speaking for myself personally I`d never live in any of these recently created communities outside of maybe the Camp Creek area and only because of its proximity to downtown/airport + the land you get for the money. Northern Suburbs offer nothing for me and are far away from everything that matters to me lol.

80swerv 80swerv Easily $500,000+ in Charlotte. Nice place man

Architect is dope spot. Another quality bar I checked was Cornerstone or Cornerbar--can't remember the exact name.

how is the Charlotte metro area? lol a lot of these people in this thread dont actually live in ATL City Limits, ATL City limits is actually extremely tiny. ATL is a weird beast in that most people dont live in ATL but everything is close to each other people just say they live in ATL to make it easier for non ATL people.

how is the Charlotte metro area? lol a lot of these people in this thread dont actually live in ATL City Limits, ATL City limits is actually extremely tiny. ATL is a weird beast in that most people dont live in ATL but everything is close to each other people just say they live in ATL to make it easier for non ATL people.
It's a great place to move for millenials. I had posted a comment about my experiences here from the past seven years;starting as an undergrad in college to a young professional in the corporate field. Are you in NYC now?

2 mill in LA depending on the neighborhood :smh:

I really might look into going back to ATL
That's unbelievable. I had a frat bro that moved out to SF as a transfer opportunity from Wells Fargo. He speaks vehemently about his experience, but the cost difference was too substantial for him stay.

2 mill in LA depending on the neighborhood :smh:

I really might look into going back to ATL
That's unbelievable. I had a frat bro that moved out to SF as a transfer opportunity from Wells Fargo. He speaks vehemently about his experience, but the cost difference was too substantial for him stay.

Can't tell how big that house is so did 4 bed 2 bath on the Westside of LA
View media item 1952124

Back
Top Bottom