If this was not part of your childhood....

Welp... You cant go there today.
frown.gif

wow super nostalgia

i BARELY remember going there with my mom when i was super little

fun-realness.gif

DZ and Leaps and Bounds were soooooo much fun as a kid. All year I looked forward to my boy Mo's Bday parties in because he always had them at DZ.

pimp.gif
 Thx for refreshing the memories Seeko.

man i remember i used to wreak havoc on DZ, three to be specific. Catonsville in MD during the school year, and Chicago Ridge and Orland Park during the summers. That Orland Park maze was mutilevel too. 
smokin.gif

One of the saddest things for me to find out was when the discovery zone by my house closed down
frown.gif

Good memories. DZ was so much fun as a kid.
Then one day it all comes crashing down when they tell you you are too old to get in the ball pit.
#ImAToyRUs kid

Suburban Stuff. Wasn't part of my childhood. I remember the commercials though. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

pimp.gif
 Sportsland Rio.

(DC & MD cats know)

That was in Montgomery County right? I used to hear about it but never went. What exactly was it? An Arcade?

I busted my head wide open at DZ, bleeding all over the place
The reason why they didn't last was because they charged you to get in and you still had to pay to play. Unlike at Chuck e Cheese

Are those Foam Factories still around? I remember going to one once in Montgomery I think

anybody ever go to Funscape. That place was dope. It was basically Dave & Busters but it had alot more kid stuff.

I use to work at DZ back in the days. my sister was the manager and gave me a job straight out of high school. i would work at the register. customer use to come in and cash in for tokens and i would pocket the money. made mad money there. i would bring home about $300 to $500 a week just on tokens. never got caught and it went on for like 8 months. made most my money on Fridays and Saturdays. also use to take home 2 to 3 large pizzas a day.

this part belongs in the grimmest things you seen at work thread. after hours my co-workers would drink and run around the facility butt naked through the tunnels, playing arcades, and even have sex in the party rooms, on the register counter and the plastic ball pool. after that they wouldnt even clean what they did and the next day kids would come in and play.
roll.gif
to this day my sister doesnt know. best time i had at work in a long time. you dont want to know what the cooks use to do with the food when people were rude or when kids would act like spoil brats.

Can't watch the videos but we used to have this place called Doc and Laddy's. We would pick that as our student council field trip every year.
Huge game room, laser tag, flamingo bowling....miss being a kid
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by manny1

I use to work at DZ back in the days. my sister was the manager and gave me a job straight out of high school. i would work at the register. customer use to come in and cash in for tokens and i would pocket the money. made mad money there. i would bring home about $300 to $500 a week just on tokens. never got caught and it went on for like 8 months. made most my money on Fridays and Saturdays. also use to take home 2 to 3 large pizzas a day.

this part belongs in the grimmest things you seen at work thread. after hours my co-workers would drink and run around the facility butt naked through the tunnels, playing arcades, and even have sex in the party rooms, on the register counter and the plastic ball pool. after that they wouldnt even clean what they did and the next day kids would come in and play.
roll.gif
to this day my sister doesnt know. best time i had at work in a long time. you dont want to know what the cooks use to do with the food when people were rude or when kids would act like spoil brats.
lol what???!!! c'mon 

Back
Top Bottom