If this was not part of your childhood....

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Suburban Stuff. Wasn't part of my childhood. I remember the commercials though. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

pimp.gif
 Sportsland Rio.

(DC & MD cats know)

That was in Montgomery County right? I used to hear about it but never went. What exactly was it? An Arcade?

Man I wish you had the oppurtunity to go then. I would say it was like Dave & Busters... but on steroids.

DZ  >>>> Charles Ezekiel Cheese's (minus the pizza)  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeepers

Way more fun...

I think they got bought out by my dude Chuck tho...

Sidebar: Does anyone know if you are able to order Chuck E. Cheese's pizza to go?
nerd.gif

PlzRespond

When I was like 7 I got lost in the tubes at Discovery Zone. I remember looking out and seeing my mom and trying to bang on the plastic window to get her attention.

I eventually found my way out (obviously), but it was not my finest moment.

Originally Posted by manny1

I use to work at DZ back in the days. my sister was the manager and gave me a job straight out of high school. i would work at the register. customer use to come in and cash in for tokens and i would pocket the money. made mad money there. i would bring home about $300 to $500 a week just on tokens. never got caught and it went on for like 8 months. made most my money on Fridays and Saturdays. also use to take home 2 to 3 large pizzas a day.

this part belongs in the grimmest things you seen at work thread. after hours my co-workers would drink and run around the facility butt naked through the tunnels, playing arcades, and even have sex in the party rooms, on the register counter and the plastic ball pool. after that they wouldnt even clean what they did and the next day kids would come in and play.
roll.gif
to this day my sister doesnt know. best time i had at work in a long time. you dont want to know what the cooks use to do with the food when people were rude or when kids would act like spoil brats.

all of this happened.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Sidebar: Does anyone know if you are able to order Chuck E. Cheese's pizza to go?
nerd.gif

PlzRespond

roll.gif

Yes, I worked at the Chuck for like 10 months in highschool. They give you it in a box instead of a platter.

I use to work at DZ back in the days. my sister was the manager and gave me a job straight out of high school. i would work at the register. customer use to come in and cash in for tokens and i would pocket the money. made mad money there. i would bring home about $300 to $500 a week just on tokens. never got caught and it went on for like 8 months. made most my money on Fridays and Saturdays. also use to take home 2 to 3 large pizzas a day.

this part belongs in the grimmest things you seen at work thread. after hours my co-workers would drink and run around the facility butt naked through the tunnels, playing arcades, and even have sex in the party rooms, on the register counter and the plastic ball pool. after that they wouldnt even clean what they did and the next day kids would come in and play.
roll.gif
to this day my sister doesnt know. best time i had at work in a long time. you dont want to know what the cooks use to do with the food when people were rude or when kids would act like spoil brats.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

DZ changed my life. Throwing balls at kids i aint eem know. Diamond cutters on innocent bystanders ftw.

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

roll.gif

all of this happened.

use to happen on the weekends the most. every Friday and Saturday.we close shop and they would have blinds that would come down so you couldntsee inside. im telling you it was a mad house after hours.

The commercial alone took me back
pimp.gif
"I don't think so!"
laugh.gif

I went to DZ a few times. I remember when I heard FunTime USA got shut down in my neighborhood
30t6p3b.gif

Chuck E Cheese pizza was nasty, and this slime wants to bring that circle of mediocrity home to his family
30t6p3b.gif

dukes have some b-level taste buds in here

the hell is this rich kid stuff? I played with used tires and beer cans when i was little

I was either too young or too broke to go there but I did go to putt putt, celebration station, and chuck e cheese.

I had a wwf championship belt that my mom bought me that id take to dz. Id fight with my cousins, no holds barred, anything goes , no submissions pins coubted anywhere type matches. id leave bruised and blody but we all had great times. i miss this the most about my choldhood.

I barely remember this place. Went once a loooooong time ago when I was 2, right around the time they were filing for bankruptcy. I wish I could back, such a fun place. Nowadays, moms are afraid of their kid's eyes being put out by anything that moves.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom