If yesterday's NBA legends vs. today's NBA all-stars?

eyes.gif
"Legends" are called "legends" for a reason.
They are the best to ever lace them up PERIOD.

I will tell you this though, players are sooo much more athletic than they used to be.
LeBron, D12, etc.
These guys are animals and I doubt anyone from the past could gaurd them... but who cares about Defense and basketball now adays?

It would be a good game...

Stockton vs Paul
Mj vs Kobe
Magic vs Lebron
Malone vs Amare
Shaq vs Dwight

Originally Posted by CLMJ217

Paul vs Stockton
Mj vs Kobe
Magic vs Lebron
Malone vs Amare
Shaq vs Dwight

laugh.gif

Oscar Robertson Vs Jason Kidd

MJ Vs Kobe

Scottie Vs Lebron

?? Vs TD

Wilt/Bill Vs Shaq

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

eyes.gif

NO they are Legends because they no longer compete.

These GREATS from today will become legends once they retire
laugh.gif

This could get heated real quick. But to some it all up. We will never know, plus if you consider all the legends in the hisotry of the NBA and take themagainst one years All-Star crew, I would like to think that the legends would win. I mean, that is taking the best of the best from all the years prior tothis, and comparing/playing them against not just one era, but one year.

I go with the legends.

im not even gonna get into this, definitely gonna turn into a kobe/mj thread

Originally Posted by CLMJ217

Stockton vs Paul
Mj vs Kobe
Magic vs Lebron
Malone vs Amare
Shaq vs Dwight

This looks intresting
eek.gif
don't forget bird vs dirk

you cats have been blinded by the likes of lebron and d12. The have been guys with just as much or more athleticism as them like, shawn kemp, kenny skywalker,clyde drexler, david thompson, young charles barley, young larry johnson just to name a few

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

eyes.gif

NO they are Legends because they no longer compete.

These GREATS from today will become legends once they retire
laugh.gif

roll.gif
exactly, thats what NTers fail to understand.

not gonna name names... but some dudes on here love to bring up players from the past to sound smart, and any time that player is being compared to acurrent player they will side with the past player 10 times out of 10. okay
eyes.gif

right now... the #1 PF, #2 SG, top 5 PF, top 3 C, top 5-7 PG, #2 defensive big man, and #1 outside shooter of ALL TIME are currently playing.

in PPG, 2 of the top 5 highest scorers in the history of the NBA are currently playing. statistically, Iverson is the best scoring guard the league has everseen outside of Jordan. Shaq trails the all-time leader in FG% by 0.14%.
in assists, only 3 people are ahead of Kidd in the history of the NBA. 4 more in the top 20 of APG.
in rebounds, 3 of top 25 rebounders of all time are currently playing.
in blocks, 4 of the top 10 blockers of all time are currently playing.
in points, blocks, assists, rebounds, and steals, the all-time single game record lists are littered with great performances from players of this era.

i posted all that to prove that there are all-time NBA legends playing right before our eyes. don't just brush away the current generation and hype uppast players so you can sound smart.
you cats have been blinded by the likes of lebron and d12. The have been guys with just as much or more athleticism as them like, shawn kemp, kenny skywalker, clyde drexler, david thompson, young charles barley, young larry johnson just to name a few

laugh.gif
you consider those guys legends?

^^^ Yeah, but can you imagine a front court of Kareem and Chamberlain. Tell me who in the league now collectively can stop that duo?

^^^ Yeah, but can you imagine a front court of Kareem and Chamberlain. Tell me who in the league now collectively can stop that duo?

no one. even though i think Chamberlain is a little inflated/overrated, you put Kareem so that makes two skilled 7-footers. obviously no one could stop them.who else currently has two 7-footers in their frontcourt anyways?

and i wasn't saying the current generation would win. when you take all the legends in the history of the league and compare them to current players,obviously there will be more talent through a 50-year period than in a 10-year period. i was just responding to Sohi 23s statement. he said "they are thebest ever period" as if no one from this generation could possibly rank among the best players ever, when in fact quite a few do.

so what is it the Dream Team vs. the Second Coming?

DREAM TEAM:ohwell:/SECOND COMING:
magic johnson // kobe bryant
michael jordan // steve nash
clyde drexler // chris paul
john stockton // rasheed wallace
scottie pippen// tony parker
charles barkley// paul peirce
larry bird// shawn marion
christian laettner// lebron james
chris mullin// amarie staudimire
karl malone// jermain oneil
patrick ewing //
david robinson //

sorry in no particular order as in matched up.. just couldnt bracket them with a tab

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

no one. even though i think Chamberlain is a little inflated/overrated, you put Kareem so that makes two skilled 7-footers. obviously no one could stop them. who else currently has two 7-footers in their frontcourt anyways?

and i wasn't saying the current generation would win. when you take all the legends in the history of the league and compare them to current players, obviously there will be more talent through a 50-year period than in a 10-year period. i was just responding to Sohi 23s statement. he said "they are the best ever period" as if no one from this generation could possibly rank among the best players ever, when in fact quite a few do.
I agree man. I didn't mean for it to look like a shot at you bro. I just wanted to redirect the argument.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

sorry in no particular order as in matched up.. just couldnt bracket them with a tab

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

A PRIME Shaq and a PRIME TD could do a great job

Originally Posted by mario23407

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..
On an all time great kind of level, I would not put Dirk, Jermaine, Amare (not yet at least), Marion, or Pierce on par with anyone really. I thinkthat is stretching it considerably.

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..
On an all time great kind of level, I would not put Dirk, Jermaine, Amare (not yet at least), Marion, or Pierce on par with anyone really. I think that is stretching it considerably.

why not dirk? ...dont tell me you would put nash before dirk.

patrick ewing //
david robinson //

no dirk, shaq, tim? ..
On an all time great kind of level, I would not put Dirk, Jermaine, Amare (not yet at least), Marion, or Pierce on par with anyone really. I think that is stretching it considerably.

why not dirk? ...dont tell me you would put nash before dirk.
Never once did I mention Nash, however, since you brought it up...yeah. And the argument is not picking between two great players in this era. Nashwould be more suitable because of his position. Nash is still top 3 PG in the NBA. He is declining yes, but before Dirk you can put guys like KG and Duncan. Sure he is an awesome player, but I'm talking on an All-time great kind of level.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

No contest. Today players are more athletic therefore would slaughter them retirees

Yikes. I don't know about that argument.

yeah, that's not true... today's average players are more athletic than yesterday's average players, but most of yesterday's legends were pretty damn athletic. that's partly why they were able to dominate to such a high degree.

and aside from that, it's not all about athleticism. look at a lot of the legends from this era: Duncan, Nash, Kidd, etc. not extremely great athletes.Wilt Chamberlain would actually destroy them in anything athletically. so having better athleticism =/= being a better player

yeah you can take the atleticism out of the equation. there were a grip of white boys in the old era. and yall folks know them white men can't jump, sothey have to shoot. everyone had shot or if not had to adapt and learn to swish like the pros. nowadays you got these alsltars that just make their team lookgood in which associating them to the all-stars of this era.

Back
Top Bottom