If You Are Looking for/Interested In Working With The Federal Government...Come In. Positions Availa

[@=/u/38190/thenewjs23]@thenewjs23[/@]

Yo I need to get up with you. The guard recruiters are playing games in returning my calls and I need to do a IST.

Do you have some number I can call to jump start this process?

I need more information. What state are you trying to leave and what state are your trying to join?
Leaving Louisiana and would like to join a DC unit if not somewhere close in VA/MD

E-5

Are you moving to the DC area? Did DC tell you they had slots available?
I'm living in DC now. Recruiters are not getting back with me to find any open slots.

Thought you may have had a list or knew someone I could call to find open slots in the DMV to jump start my search and placement in the a unit here.

[@=/u/38190/thenewjs23]@thenewjs23[/@]

Yo I need to get up with you. The guard recruiters are playing games in returning my calls and I need to do a IST.

Do you have some number I can call to jump start this process?

I need more information. What state are you trying to leave and what state are your trying to join?
Leaving Louisiana and would like to join a DC unit if not somewhere close in VA/MD

E-5

Are you moving to the DC area? Did DC tell you they had slots available?
I'm living in DC now. Recruiters are not getting back with me to find any open slots.

Thought you may have had a list or knew someone I could call to find open slots in the DMV to jump start my search and placement in the a unit here.

I'm on the federal side of the gaurd. DC may not have any slots, I can't see a recruiter passing on filling slot. You go get some FaceTime with the recruiter. If the guard doesn't have slots a recruiter can't make one. I would look at Maryland and VA. I hear Maryland is desperate and DC guard is not that big.

Last edited:
Headed to BK right now as something urgent popped up

Hit my phone for urgent responses. I'll catch up on the train.

Sorry Wright, but I will have to expose your clown *** dude who joined this site only after i called out all the ***** *** Marines for yapping their gums to my lady and playing phone games while I was in jail facing life.

Where is all that jarhead talk after me and my dude washed 3 of your "service men" in Central Park who tried to creep from behind while i was on probation with 10 over my head.

View media item 2113436
It's lame *** smile in your face preacher back stabbing weirdos like this why I have no desire to work in the Fed/CTR space.

Here I am you fake *** Mason Betha preacher? You still live off Harrison Road and going to my old house for cookouts begging for the panties by hiding behind Jesus?

Tick Tock you Uncle Tom.

I'm coming there straight from NY next week. :smile:

Just like Larsen gym when I served up Blanco, Mo, Xavier, JD and the rest of the cowards. Tell Ralphy how my D taste too yo.

Game on.

Def us a dope thread. It's not my area, but glad to see networking going on.

Edit :until I just read the previous post :lol:

Last edited:

Edit :until I just read the previous post :lol:

Even that post is positive and a lasso of truth that occurs in the workplace.

The more you know. Never trust coworkers or people that smile too much.

I don't have friends, maybe like 2 and its definitely not some old creepy coward trying to buy or give things to my son off the strength of "Jesus" to win my old girl's trust and affection.

You want my girl? Come get her at the Holiday Party or USMC Ball.....not when I'm locked away and you want offering a "shoulder to cry on" and giving "male perspective".

Then when I get back you riding my jock hard the whole time.

That's what females do not real men.

Man I convinced him to make the account when I worked with him because I used to crack on him about the redksins and stuff and show him the football threads with their memes and stuff :lol:

I still don't think it is him or it is merged with another person at the same place.....

He wasn't in the military or hang with "jarheads" or talk like one. Hell he doesn't even go to church or really believe in religion either like that :lol:

Didn't think you would post it up in the thread without him commenting though. Whole situation is/was wild though.

Degrees of separation definitely in effect here haha

nerd.gif
 Poli Sci major.

Edit :until I just read the previous post
laugh.gif
Even that post is positive and a lasso of truth that occurs in the workplace.

The more you know. Never trust coworkers or people that smile too much.

I don't have friends, maybe like 2 and its definitely not some old creepy coward trying to buy or give things to my son off the strength of "Jesus" to win my old girl's trust and affection.

You want my girl? Come get her at the Holiday Party or USMC Ball.....not when I'm locked away and you want offering a "shoulder to cry on" and giving "male perspective".

Then when I get back you riding my jock hard the whole time.

That's what females do not real men.
Damn, that some real snake **** he pulled

Man I convinced him to make the account when I worked with him because I used to crack on him about the redksins and stuff and show him the football threads with their memes and stuff :lol:

I still don't think it is him or it is merged with another person at the same place.....

He wasn't in the military or hang with "jarheads" or talk like one. Hell he doesn't even go to church or really believe in religion either like that :lol:

Didn't think you would post it up in the thread without him commenting though. Whole situation is/was wild though.

Degrees of separation definitely in effect here haha

My dude. I'm 97.5 % that's him. I'll give him the chance to clear his name. He makes the account the same month me and her split and the MCNOSC finds my NT account out?

Nah B. I don't believe in coincidences. @ him so he can explain himself and he can meet me at Funland and give me some cornball IT AWS shirts and try to massage my neck.

I'm single as of last week and will make him my boyfriend. Tell him to bring Tanisha Will and thier bad *** kids.

All fun and games until you test someone like me. I enjoy this stuff man. Seriously.

Damn, that some real snake **** he pulled

They have a saying at Fed Agencies and it's called "CYA" for Cover Your Aquisiton aka Cover Your ***.

I was offered an executive posting with the Wizards after I worked there as a 22/23 year old. I also received the position for the 1102 series at DLA. Girl saw more money so naturally that was something we discussed. The Wiz were going through it. I was there when Gil did the Wild Wild West Card Game gone wrong and all that. Eddie Jordan getting canned on Sunday and having to explain to clients how our team would rebound. Abe Polin was dying. Went to his like 200th bday and it felt like a funeral.

It was very anticlimactic. Seeing Gil ride his bike around town and do great things for community it was actually quite disheartening to see the wrap he got. But I've left jobs like that too so I get it.

Moral of the story: people will smile in your face, help you out. Eat lunch with you and throw you under the bus if they feel threatened by you.

Think about it. Older Fed worked on chill mode is now compared to a young hung hungry college grad with ambition certifications and a super attractive smart funny woman........jealousy! People do wild things to get what you have. Believe it!

That's why I give stuff away for free so no one should be jealous of me. What's mine is yours.

All I ask is that you pay it forward and maybe like these Facebook pages/ventures. Leave a google review. [emoji]128532[/emoji] Just made a new Facebook 3 weeks ago after being off the grid. Many thanks.

:nerd:  Poli Sci major.

With that said:

The more info you give me the more I can give you. My man with the Sean Taylor had a great PM that was detailed and told a story. Felt like I've been in his shoes.

All I can do is provide my experiences and opinion, up to the recipient to do with it what they desire.

I don't come to NT to flex and humble brag. I've met many in real life as far back as 1999. I've given away Wiz, Nats and Caps tickets. Concert tickets. Shoes. Alcohol.

It's just stuff man. When you are sitting in jail and all your stuff is thrown on the streets by SWAT and some dude is at your house in your bed.....you realize what matters.

@JesusShuttlesworth34
 one of the realest on NT. I was pissed I couldn't chill in Foggy Bottom that night, I was at the game :lol:

Ahhhhh....my man. Wizards vs Hawks right? Yeah I was at GSA for a late night class. Hit a few spots to see some old classmates out there. It was a slow night I think bedside someone was just stabbed outside Barcode like a few weeks prior smh.

Next time. I'm going to see the Mets and Yankees these next two weeks though.

@JesusShuttlesworth34
 one of the realest on NT. I was pissed I couldn't chill in Foggy Bottom that night, I was at the game 
laugh.gif
Ahhhhh....my man. Wizards vs Hawks right? Yeah I was at GSA for a late night class. Hit a few spots to see some old classmates out there. It was a slow night I think bedside someone was just stabbed outside Barcode like a few weeks prior smh.

Next time. I'm going to see the Mets and Yankees these next two weeks though.
Yeah, the Wiz/Hawks game. I def need to hit a Mets game this summer myself.

on linkedin? I'm not currently in DC, but I'm willing to relocate getting a big chunk of money next month....

If you want to visit first and check it out......let me know. I have a two bedroom condo turned art studio/lab that I'm never even at. I usually Air BnB it but you can use it for free or I can link and give you the "urban tour" of the D&V. I can't stand Maryland except for Run N Shoot/Baz n Crue back in the day and BMORE/Ocean City/Bethesda/Silver Spring/Cheseapeake/Annapolis. Damn, maybe I do like Maryland smh.

General Tips:

-Ask any recruiter/company of you will be a Contractor or Overhead employee. Very important for salary negotiations.

-Use GlassdoorLinked in 4 market research. The more you know the more you get paid. Think of it like due diligence on a shoe release or chick you dating

- Don't undervalue yourself ever. Know your worth.

-When filling out the USAJOBS Application Manager Questionnaire.....put YES for everything! You need like a 96+ to have a shot. I don't care if you think you haven't done it answer it like do you think you could. If you think too hard your App will never even be reviewed.

laugh.gif
wasn't expecting that, but I don't trust any of my coworkers never will. I think they get a little too personal at work.

General Tips:

-Ask any recruiter/company of you will be a Contractor or Overhead employee. Very important for salary negotiations.

-Use GlassdoorLinked in 4 market research. The more you know the more you get paid. Think of it like due diligence on a shoe release or chick you dating

- Don't undervalue yourself ever. Know your worth.

-When filling out the USAJOBS Application Manager Questionnaire.....put YES for everything! You need like a 96+ to have a shot. I don't care if you think you haven't done it answer it like do you think you could. If you think too hard your App will never even be reviewed.
"Would you rather be underpaid or over-rated?" 
nthat.gif

Girl I used to work with did that exact thing on USAJobs. She was a finance/budget analyst and they made one of the new GS spots in our group just for her. She answered those "scale of 1-10 your expertise" questions...shall we say "truthfully". Our boss asked her why she never applied when he told her too and she said that she did. Turns out, that it never made it and was filtered out early because it said she didn't qualify. Some people happened to apply by the time they figured it out so they wouldn't let them take the position down and re-post it. They hired some other guy instead of her and she is still there in another department since the contract changed, but they still pull her back in to answer questions and stuff because the new guy doesn't know what he is doing 
mean.gif

She told her husband about it and he replied "why wouldn't you mark everything expert? I always do when I apply." 

He ended up landing a gig with DEA I believe on top of that 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
wasn't expecting that, but I don't trust any of my coworkers never will. I think they get a little too personal at work.
JS out here playing for keeps.
laugh.gif

Word is too small at times. I never thought someone on here would know a colleague or me for that matter and especially in Quantico, lol

People at work will definitely give you their whole life story and early on. I can see if you are working side by side for a few years and you hang outside of work with this person or something. Some people come in and before the first week is out, you know all about them, their parents, sicknesses in their family, how they are getting a divorce, grew up abused or some other wild stuff that they tell you. 

Last edited:

"Would rather be underpaid or over-rated?" 
nthat.gif

People at work will definitely give you their whole life story and early on. I can see if you are working side by side for a few years and you hang outside of work with this person or something. Some people come in and before the first week is out, you know all about them, their parents, sicknesses in their family, how they are getting a divorce, grew up abused or some other wild stuff that they tell you. 
Over-rated always , my favorite line/saying lol. Don't see how anyone would want it any other way.

Yeah man I literally know everything about my coworkers and their families they know nothing about me and I will keep it that way.

I have 0 contact with them outside of work.

From now on I'm putting expert for everything lol.

Last edited:
With that said:

The more info you give me the more I can give you. My man with the Sean Taylor had a great PM that was detailed and told a story. Felt like I've been in his shoes.

All I can do is provide my experiences and opinion, up to the recipient to do with it what they desire.

I don't come to NT to flex and humble brag. I've met many in real life as far back as 1999. I've given away Wiz, Nats and Caps tickets. Concert tickets. Shoes. Alcohol.

It's just stuff man. When you are sitting in jail and all your stuff is thrown on the streets by SWAT and some dude is at your house in your bed.....you realize what matters.
I've worked in the Feds before and I know first hand how grimy some co workers can be. I've been searching usajobs.com since graduating, but I've never gotten any responses with that site. Do you have any for sure Careers/Jobs that are catered to Poli Sci majors? Lastly my most recent working experience while in the Feds is Law Enforcement. Thank you

Why didn't nobody told me they had a Naval base in San Diego? And GS has a locality adjustment for the Cali c.o.l too? Once I get the b.m drama sorted out, trying to make that jump out there for a GS13 ~134K jobs since I am getting my MS from USD anyways

I feel yall on hating my coworkers. I never go to their little luncheons and stuff although I do understand office politics and how important that kind of stuff can be. The only time I went was the one that was during work hours because I felt obligated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom