IF YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR WIFE/GF AND CAN AFFORD IT...GET HER SOME OF THESE

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Simple Answer:   HECK NO.  Too expensive!

The first time I bought a girl diamonds was for X-mas AND her Bday (december bday).  We had been dating for about a year, and I spent a little over $500 for some decent (not outstanding) 0.50cttw diamond stud earrings.  While she wore her diamond studs all the time and really got a ton of use out of it, she did not take great care of it in terms of keeping them polished and clean so that they sparkled.  I didn't buy her diamonds again until I got her an engagement ring, and then the wedding band.  Due to an "incident" with her engagement ring, I have made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I will not be buying her anymore diamonds, probably until the day I die.

What was the "incident" if you don't mind sharing? Was this with your current wife?

for the most part, im of the school of thought that once a gift is given, that is their property to do as they wish.

so i worked my butt off saving up $15K to get my girl a nice engagement ring.  After the day I gave it to her, she never once cleaned it or polished it or anything, and eventually it got to a point where the damn diamond was dull as hell with no shine or sparkle to it.  We were at my jewelers spot looking at wedding bands, and my jeweler took 1 look at the ring and was like here, give it to me, I'm going to clean it.  My jeweler was probably embarrased for me, and embarrassed for himself too since he takes pride in his work and his product.  After he cleaned it and gave it back to her she was like
eek.gif
.  I mean thing was night and day.  The kicker was when she turns to me and said "I didnt even remember it being like this when you gave it to me, I just assumed it was that color".  I honestly wanted to slap her, but I had to settle for hittin her with the biggest stoneface I could.  I told her look, its your ring you can do whatever you want with it, but its obvious that you have NO appreciation for diamonds if you think that I spent all that money to buy some dingy looking rock. 

My decision was further cemented when she parked her car out in the street instead of parking it in our covered parking spot.  LA city has notoriously bad hard water and the sidewalk sprinklers had completely hosed down her car the night before which ends up drying into hard water spots.  I told her to take the car to the carwash that day before the water spots set in and/or start eating away at the clearcoat.  2 days later I reminded her again, hurry up and take the car in to get washed.  2 weeks later, I finally had a minute to take it in myself but it was too late.  Damage done.  Spent damn near $300 getting the car waxed/buffed multiple times at a couple different spots trying to get those water marks out.  Thankfully I was able to find this awesome carwash that was able to get it cleared up with a clay wax.

Between those 2 incidents, I made it very clear to her that I am never going to buy her nice things again cause she doesn't give an F about taking care of it (which again, is her choice and decision).  If she wants to spend money on her own stuff, so be it, but I am not comin out of pocket for it.

I dated a chick for 3 1/2 years and bought her some decent diamond jewelry. We broke up and she wanted me out of her life so she pawned the stuff I got her for downgraded, cheap jewelry AND still had to pay like $25. She got ripped off so bad. What a silly rabbit. I'm winning, duh.

my girl def. appreciates the engagement ring i got her. 1.25ct vs1. 15k was worth the smile onher face.

Back
Top Bottom