Im completely infatuated with da demise of Roc-A-Fella Records. VOL. Rome burned slow

just peeped a few of them Choke No Joke/VladTV joints...

Def Jam really paid Juelz $5,000 per show out of his MARKETING BUDGET?!?!?!? :x

i ain't ******' with these lables at all son...

From the looks of it Jayz was BARELY ever around and everybody thought it was family and Jay was selfish kept it100% business and was strategically planning the split.

From what Beans is saying it seems like it was a combination of Dame thinking he was Diddy and Jay's selfishness. From the outside looking in it always seemed like that was the case.

Word...both those cats are at fault. Jay is too self-centered and Dame was too over the top about everything. Cats have problems with Jay because honestly the only time he'll even acknowledge you is when he can benefit off of you, you show that you can actually hold your own without his backing and now he can springboard off of you...that's how he stays on top. (Dipset, Kanye, etc.). Hell I find myself laughing now at how Kanye seems to be Jay's right hand man...from the way Kanye tells it on Big Brother Jay-Z wouldn't even look in his direction.

Dame was always screaming about something. While I do believe he was the business man moreso than Jay everything with him turned into a verbal confrontation....nobody wants to work with somebody like that, he pretty much got himself blackballed for a time. Son is reckless and has no filter. At least that's how I see it.

if im not mistaken, jay took young guns peedi crack and kanye right?
in da initial split he took...

FOXY-BROWN-GOES-DEAF-AFTER-THIS-COVER-XXL-LEBRON-JAY-Z-MONIQUE-YOUTUBE-VIDEO.jpg

neef fell back

foxy went deaf

dj clue got comfy at his radio gig

teeana marie got amil'ed

freeway started courting g-unit and 1/2 stepped

young chris got tired of waiting and went with rico love

peedi crakk went "camel hunting season"

My feeling is, the blame goes to both Jay and Dame for the end of the Roc. It's sad it had to go down like that though
mean.gif
This. As far as Dame's current predicament though, he has no one to blame but himself.
ill say dame did burn alot of bridges, cuz da fall was so fast, i would've assumed he would've had some place to lay out at once da building came crashing down, but nope.

:smh: I get goose bumps going through this thread. Its gonna take me like 3 hrs to go through just 5 pgs but i'm locked in.

in da initial split he took...

FOXY-BROWN-GOES-DEAF-AFTER-THIS-COVER-XXL-LEBRON-JAY-Z-MONIQUE-YOUTUBE-VIDEO.jpg

neef fell back

foxy went deaf

dj clue got comfy at his radio gig

teeana marie got amil'ed

freeway started courting g-unit and 1/2 stepped

young chris got tired of waiting and went with rico love

peedi crakk went "camel hunting season"
...but Kanye...

HE DROPPED NOTHING IN 2008...NOTHING :nerd:

i blame dame for being such an *******... after seeing that video of him disrespecting the **** out of def jam employees for no reason you cant blame jay for not wanting to do business wit him anymore... dude thought he was the talent... he was wrong... now he's bankrupt...

dude shoulda chilled the **** out and stopped tryin to be super ceo... he was trippin over the dumbest ****
say what you want about dame dash, he LOOKED OUT for da whole roster and fought for your cause...i would want someone like

that on my side, hell remember kanye was da one that got his big push from dame when no one believed in him.

word "he may be an s.o.b, but he's your s.o.b."

just got through watching over a dozen videos of different individuals taking gripe with their own personal irresponsibility and how it affected their music, careers, and relationships with in the industry.

tired.gif

i could fall asleep...

i've never really stopped long enough to consider that the roc broke up, but i suppose it did. i always kind of assumed jay-z brought the brand with him where ever he went (def jam, for example) and continued to sign acts (rihanna) while working with familiar and consistent talent (kanye west). a lot of these videos are featuring old acts (various state property members) who simply couldn't adapt to a very ruthless entrepreneurial market that was taking place in the new york rap scene.

also, i read a couple silly comments about some of these rappers not having their business right. they didn't

Word...both those cats are at fault. Jay is too self-centered and Dame was too over the top about everything. Cats have problems with Jay because honestly the only time he'll even acknowledge you is when he can benefit off of you, you show that you can actually hold your own without his backing and now he can springboard off of you...that's how he stays on top. (Dipset, Kanye, etc.). Hell I find myself laughing now at how Kanye seems to be Jay's right hand man...from the way Kanye tells it on Big Brother Jay-Z wouldn't even look in his direction.
Dame was always screaming about something. While I do believe he was the business man moreso than Jay everything with him turned into a verbal confrontation....nobody wants to work with somebody like that, he pretty much got himself blackballed for a time. Son is reckless and has no filter. At least that's how I see it.

truth...they both needed each other at one point, but when Jay started getting in Lyor and Kevin's head and got his business acumen together Dame wasn't essential anymore...Jay knew the way Dame was doing business wasn't right all along...in that Peedi interview, he was talking about how they was doing all this extra **** on the budget and Dame was just dropping the black card...plus the constant yelling and firing...when Dame lost his life support there was no way in hell he could come back out on top, he'd burnt too many bridges...that was probably one of the factors that got Ye to stay with Jay...you can only run a business like that for so long...

:lol: It's funny how pretty much all of state prop was getting busy in the streets at the time, and how much Dame took care of that. They'd be much worse off. Jay was just too busy being an artist and a boss to foster and mentor these cats to be the powerhouse they could've been.

laugh.gif
It's funny how pretty much all of state prop was getting busy in the streets at the time, and how much Dame took care of that. They'd be much worse off. Jay was just too busy being an artist and a boss to foster and mentor these cats to be the powerhouse they could've been.
Thats why I always respect Dame even though he's annoying at times...Thats the type of dude I want on my team cause he would ride for you whether you right or wrong and thats real loyalty.

Not to thread jack but does anybody have the Roc A Fella Vs D Block radio disses :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom