Im just tired of people comparing Geno Auriemma's Conneticut team to John Wooden's UCLA Team

I just support all of y'all's responses to OP.
smokin.gif

Threads like this make me understand why so many NTers have lady problems. Sexism isn't cool.

Threads like this make me understand why so many NTers have lady problems. Sexism isn't cool.

did i ever mention that i was sexist???????

my point is that if uconn gets the best players in country and start beating down these other teams that dont have the equal amount of talent that they have, that is not impressive.

just give me ten teams in the last three seasons that has had the equal talent as uconn??????????/

please just give me an answer instead of bashing on me and calling me sexist.

30t6p3b.gif

my point is that if uconn gets the best players in country and start beating down these other teams that dont have the equal amount of talent that they have, that is not impressive.

just give me ten teams in the last three seasons that has had the equal talent as uconn??????????/

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

30t6p3b.gif

You dont even know what kind of talent they beat, youre just bashing them because its womens basketball.

30t6p3b.gif

You dont even know what kind of talent they beat, youre just bashing them because its womens basketball.

Only teams I can think off that have had the talent to match up with Uconn the past couple years are Baylor,Tennessee,Stanford,Oklahoma and NC State. Only 5, so I get where Op's coming from with him saying that there's barely any competition and parity or any teams on their level but it's still an 88 game streak...

No matter who you play,a streak that long deserves to be respected.Every team has a bad game and will eventually lose at least once but these girls haven't lost in almost 3 seasons and the games haven't even been close. That's true dominance and I can respect that. UCLA's is more impressive in my opinion because of the level of competition they won against but Uconn's is nothing less than amazing.

Only teams I can think off that have had the talent to match up with Uconn the past couple years are Baylor,Tennessee,Stanford,Oklahoma and NC State. Only 5, so I get where Op's coming from with him saying that there's barely any competition and parity or any teams on their level but it's still an 88 game streak...

No matter who you play,a streak that long deserves to be respected.Every team has a bad game and will eventually lose at least once but these girls haven't lost in almost 3 seasons and the games haven't even been close. That's true dominance and I can respect that. UCLA's is more impressive in my opinion because of the level of competition they won against but Uconn's is nothing less than amazing.

To Geno Auriemma's credit even he deflects any and all praise saying Wooden and his teams were amazing and more impressive.
But to take away credit cause its ladies and not men is silly. Yes its apples and oranges and of course diffrent classes you could say but still a incredible feat.
I remember seeing something like the avg. point diffrence was something like 32 or something. And they're even killing top 10 teams. Tell me winning 88 straight by an average of 30+ points isnt impressive and I will call you a lier.

To Geno Auriemma's credit even he deflects any and all praise saying Wooden and his teams were amazing and more impressive.
But to take away credit cause its ladies and not men is silly. Yes its apples and oranges and of course diffrent classes you could say but still a incredible feat.
I remember seeing something like the avg. point diffrence was something like 32 or something. And they're even killing top 10 teams. Tell me winning 88 straight by an average of 30+ points isnt impressive and I will call you a lier.

It's an understandable argument if you make the right points.

If anyone is familiar with Women's volleyball, it is a bit similar. Parity in many woman sports just isnt there. Penn State hasnt lost in two years, 38-0 and 38-0, the year prior. The year before that 34-2. And now this year, they are in the finals once again. Maybe a 4peat? Women's soccer is the same way. Other than maybe wrestling, Men's sports appear far more spread open

It's an understandable argument if you make the right points.

If anyone is familiar with Women's volleyball, it is a bit similar. Parity in many woman sports just isnt there. Penn State hasnt lost in two years, 38-0 and 38-0, the year prior. The year before that 34-2. And now this year, they are in the finals once again. Maybe a 4peat? Women's soccer is the same way. Other than maybe wrestling, Men's sports appear far more spread open

mauriciogarcia:
Explicitly? No. Implicitly? Yes.
Durden7:
Exactly.
Rolaholic:
Only teams I can think off that have had the talent to match up with Uconn the past couple years are Baylor,Tennessee,Stanford,Oklahoma and NC State.
As far as matching up with UCONN, no one can... but that's a credit to their program, not a discredit to women's basketball in general. The Bulls won 6 championships in the 90s; is that because basketball was so weak that there was no one on their level, or because they had a system that was just crushing everyone else, making everyone else play for 2nd best year after year after year?

And yeah, you mentioned the best programs, but along the way, they could have definitely lost to Rutgers, Ohio St., Duke, Nebraska, Tex A&M, UNC... so many team on any given night.
Rolaholic:
UCLA's [streak] is more impressive in my opinion because of the level of competition they won against
The talent back then wasn't the same as it is now. Granted, the Bruins played their peers and that's all they could play, but UCONN is doing the same, and that's all they can do as well.
Rolaholic:
but Uconn's [streak] is nothing less than amazing.
Definitely.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mauriciogarcia:
Explicitly? No. Implicitly? Yes.
Durden7:
Exactly.
Rolaholic:
Only teams I can think off that have had the talent to match up with Uconn the past couple years are Baylor,Tennessee,Stanford,Oklahoma and NC State.
As far as matching up with UCONN, no one can... but that's a credit to their program, not a discredit to women's basketball in general. The Bulls won 6 championships in the 90s; is that because basketball was so weak that there was no one on their level, or because they had a system that was just crushing everyone else, making everyone else play for 2nd best year after year after year?

And yeah, you mentioned the best programs, but along the way, they could have definitely lost to Rutgers, Ohio St., Duke, Nebraska, Tex A&M, UNC... so many team on any given night.
Rolaholic:
UCLA's [streak] is more impressive in my opinion because of the level of competition they won against
The talent back then wasn't the same as it is now. Granted, the Bruins played their peers and that's all they could play, but UCONN is doing the same, and that's all they can do as well.
Rolaholic:
but Uconn's [streak] is nothing less than amazing.
Definitely.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think some of y'all need to really play with these girls in real life to appreciate how truly talented and skilled at basketball they really are.

I think some of y'all need to really play with these girls in real life to appreciate how truly talented and skilled at basketball they really are.

So, you would agree that the 1971-'72 Men's Bruins 30-0 season, part of their 88 game win streak, is not impressive as they beat their opponents by an average of 30+ PPG?

Back
Top Bottom