Im just tired of people comparing Geno Auriemma's Conneticut team to John Wooden's UCLA Team

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

my point is that if uconn gets the best players in country and start beating down these other teams that dont have the equal amount of talent that they have, that is not impressive.
So, you would agree that the 1971-'72 Men's Bruins 30-0 season, part of their 88 game win streak, is not impressive as they beat their opponents by an average of 30+ PPG?

I think its funny cause i doubt im the only one who is impressed by the streak but could care less its going on. You ain't gonna catch me tuning into the record setting womens game. I would honestly rather watch the Bucks. And if somehow the Uconn game went into overtime and the Bucks finished, i'd probably turn on some NFL Live. I'll wait for the cliffnotes on Sportcenter when NFL Live is done with.

Still though its, impressive.

I think its funny cause i doubt im the only one who is impressed by the streak but could care less its going on. You ain't gonna catch me tuning into the record setting womens game. I would honestly rather watch the Bucks. And if somehow the Uconn game went into overtime and the Bucks finished, i'd probably turn on some NFL Live. I'll wait for the cliffnotes on Sportcenter when NFL Live is done with.

Still though its, impressive.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

cmon man...just let them girls be great

nobody trippin off that....who u round even talking womens basketball?.... unless its popped on the screen during a sc highlight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

cmon man...just let them girls be great

nobody trippin off that....who u round even talking womens basketball?.... unless its popped on the screen during a sc highlight
laugh.gif

nobody even talks about the streak....i hear more about that dude who play for baylor.....only thing keeping it relevant is sportscenter......and uconn is in their backyard so of course i understand

nobody even talks about the streak....i hear more about that dude who play for baylor.....only thing keeping it relevant is sportscenter......and uconn is in their backyard so of course i understand

In order to dominate in something you need to build that something to dominate it. It aint easy to do what they doing right now no matter what the competitive level is. The 72-10 bulls had about 6losses to under .500 teams that year.

In order to dominate in something you need to build that something to dominate it. It aint easy to do what they doing right now no matter what the competitive level is. The 72-10 bulls had about 6losses to under .500 teams that year.

The OP is downplaying it because he feels UConn has no competition. You may be right, but the reason there is no competition is because the University of Connecticut built their program into a dynasty and now the best players want to play for Geno.

A few years ago Pat Sumitt did the same thing at UT. 10 years ago I believe UT and La Tech were the teams to beat in women's college basketball, now it's UConn. Every dynasty comes to an end, the UConn women's team eventually will too, but you have to give them credit for what they are doing. Are men more skilled basketball players than women? Yes, most likely. But you are saying 88 in a row by a women's team isn't comparable to a men's team. The UCLA men played men. The UConn women are playing women, and they are playin the best teams at that.

From what I understand men who want to walk on to UConn's team, (which let me remind you isn't easy to do as UConn men have a great reputation and play in the best conference in the nation and are currently ranked 4th), most play with the UConn women first and from what I've been told/heard, the women are insane at the game.

The OP is downplaying it because he feels UConn has no competition. You may be right, but the reason there is no competition is because the University of Connecticut built their program into a dynasty and now the best players want to play for Geno.

A few years ago Pat Sumitt did the same thing at UT. 10 years ago I believe UT and La Tech were the teams to beat in women's college basketball, now it's UConn. Every dynasty comes to an end, the UConn women's team eventually will too, but you have to give them credit for what they are doing. Are men more skilled basketball players than women? Yes, most likely. But you are saying 88 in a row by a women's team isn't comparable to a men's team. The UCLA men played men. The UConn women are playing women, and they are playin the best teams at that.

From what I understand men who want to walk on to UConn's team, (which let me remind you isn't easy to do as UConn men have a great reputation and play in the best conference in the nation and are currently ranked 4th), most play with the UConn women first and from what I've been told/heard, the women are insane at the game.

Originally Posted by D723

I think some of y'all need to really play with these girls in real life to appreciate how truly talented and skilled at basketball they really are.

this
ms moore would serve OP
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by D723

I think some of y'all need to really play with these girls in real life to appreciate how truly talented and skilled at basketball they really are.

this
ms moore would serve OP
laugh.gif

eh, it's kind of impressive (moreso that they haven't hit variance of any sort) but the dude who said it displays the sorry state of affairs in women's college basketball is correct as well.

eh, it's kind of impressive (moreso that they haven't hit variance of any sort) but the dude who said it displays the sorry state of affairs in women's college basketball is correct as well.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

fine you go coach a womens team. i bet you wont lose a game.

?

How about the guy who coaches the UCONN women's team goes to coach another team. I bet he will lose a game  within, say, his first 20.

THe streak is obviously a result of a confluence of events; the coach, the team, and the poor state of the league.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

fine you go coach a womens team. i bet you wont lose a game.

?

How about the guy who coaches the UCONN women's team goes to coach another team. I bet he will lose a game  within, say, his first 20.

THe streak is obviously a result of a confluence of events; the coach, the team, and the poor state of the league.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

That's interesting. I would like to see how some men(not just ya average off the street pick up ballers) would compare against the womens team

Originally Posted by PoloLax

That's interesting. I would like to see how some men(not just ya average off the street pick up ballers) would compare against the womens team

Back
Top Bottom