I'm trying to quit smoking. Vol Day 1

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

The reason I never tried it was 'cause a bunch of my friends tried it one night our senior year and said that the next day they had serious cravings already because that high was too good so coming down was a #@#**. All my references say that it takes just a few days max to get addicted to some powder.

In my experience it's not really addicting at all unless your on it, and when your on it your craving badly. Come down is the worst ever though
smh.gif

It's out of your system in 3 days max I know that, but by noon the next day the craving is gone (but there is a hangover type thing)

Just my experience.

Originally Posted by Ortega03

Homer Simpson says it best.."Trying is the first step toward failure. "

Get past the trying and get the right mindset to where you believe you don't need to smoke

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by Proshares

You're going to mess up.

laugh.gif
j/k seriously I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying dumb hard to quit. Sometimes I feel like ripping my %!!@#+! hair out because I want one so bad. The weekends/drinking is what #!#@@ me up.
I know I feel like I'm going to have to stay in my room all weekend to get through this.

How long have you been quitting? How far are you?

I've been trying since the new year started. It's %$*@+#+ tough man someday's I'll just get so pissed off at work I gotta step out and haveone. Then the weekends when I'm drinking I always mess up. Most weekdays I go without smoking it's just the weekends now. I guess that'sprogress. The longest I've gone so far this year was two weeks. Funny thing is I'm still hitting the gym 5 days a week and I don't feel it asmuch as I used to when I run the treadmill. In January I'd be running and gasping for air after 5 or 10 minutes, now I feel better and after I finish Idon't feel as out of breath as I used to.

The first few days are always the hardest, keep yourself occupied, think of the goal constantly, until it becomes second nature. It's the same thing withany goal you are looking to achieve, believe in yourself because no one believes in you more, believe you deserve it and when you feel like you're at yourbreaking point, it's always darkest before dawn, then light comes through if you choose it to.

Stay strong bro, My Dad was smoke free for 6 months (so he says) but all it took was one night with his friends and now hes hooked again
smh.gif

^ exactly, stay away from the whole "I can have just one more" cause then you will have fallen back into the trap.

Just think that the next cig you smoke is going to cost you about $2,000 this year. Its a chain affect bro, dont do it.

And for god sake, enjoy yourself. you are doing what every smoker wants to but is to chicken @+*+ to even try. Pat yourself on the back.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Cigs....

My most crucial craving is the one where I'm bored as %$%@ like right now
smh.gif

And just want to relax outside
frown.gif
just go chill outside man, chew some gum and take a walk

If you don't have nicorette, I'd suggest grabbing a box.

It's a bit pricey, but it's how I've always managed to quit in the past. It kills those full-body urges and keeps you off tobacco.

Once you break the tobacco habit, the nicotine is sure to follow.

I burned newports for 3 yrs.... Quit cold turkey ... First two days was tough but it damn sure wasn't the hardest thing I've had to do.... Trees hasbeen a little more difficult... Day 2 :-(

i used to smoke up until almost a year ago. i used to smoke 10 boogies a day. i gradually cute down to 5 a day, 2 a day, 1 a day etc. i only smoke now when idrink which is once a week but i consider myself a quitter cuz i have not felt the urge to HAVE to smoke since april 08. if i did not go out drinking anymore iwould not smoke point blank. i have not bought a pack or a loosie since april 08. u can do it jus be dedicated. it will be hard at 1st but find suttin else toreplace the urge, try drinkin water and keeping yourself busy. good luck

i'm quitting smoking too, i got too many females telling me, "you would be the perfect guy if you didn't smoke".

i just blew a puff of smoke in their face and rolled the window up, like eff outta here.

i would be a beast on the court if i had a little more endurance, so i'm using that as motivation to let that mess go.

now green? that's a different story... :-/

I quit smoking 2 years ago this past Feb. For the first week I wore a Rx patch, seemed to help with the physical cravings.

Cigs....

My most crucial craving is the one where I'm bored as %$%@ like right now
smh.gif

And just want to relax outside
frown.gif

Exactly. I've been trying to quit too. I've gone 4 days now and then #+$@ is hard as *#!#. I've been using the Camel Snus and it has been calmingthe cravings a little bit, but it still doesn't replace that great feeling of a lung curling drag from a cigarette. The main thing for me is just to staybusy. Idle time is no good when trying to quit any substance. Good luck bro.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

How's day four goin'?
Alright...I took two pulls off a cigarette around noon today and felt bad for it. I don't need it. I'm good.

It just sucks because I feel like I have to stay couped up by my lonesome in order to not tempt myself. And I have this business thing at a bar tomorrowtoo...who knows when I get some beer in me what that will be like...

i wasnt smoking hard... maybe for like 5-6 years straight... i quit on my birthday... my reason was i had to quit but never had a chance too til recently...until i went on the treadmill... that had me breathin heavily for no reason so i quit
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom