Infrared 90s sitting?

Hey I was wondering what was up with the Infrared 90s? For years I was only into Jordans until I saw pics of the Infrared AM90s about a year ago. I always liked AM90s but never saw a colorway that I HAD to have until I saw the Infrareds. So I went into a Foot Locker for the first time in a really long time and saw these on the shelf and picked them up. Curious, I went home and read up a little about them and found they came out in late July?

How was I able to just walk into a store and pick up a pair of sneakers MONTHS after RD that apparently a lot of people were excited about? Or am I just ruined by the Jordan hypebeasts?

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Hey I was wondering what was up with the Infrared 90s? For years I was only into Jordans until I saw pics of the Infrared AM90s about a year ago. I always liked AM90s but never saw a colorway that I HAD to have until I saw the Infrareds. So I went into a Foot Locker for the first time in a really long time and saw these on the shelf and picked them up. Curious, I went home and read up a little about them and found they came out in late July?

How was I able to just walk into a store and pick up a pair of sneakers MONTHS after RD that apparently a lot of people were excited about? Or am I just ruined by the Jordan hypebeasts?
It was the same after HOA drop.  Honestly the AM90 imo really only appeals to the sneakerheads that are knowledgeable about AM90's in general.  Jordan on the other hand as a wider fan base where people who dont know shoes might remember a specific Jordan retro.  Its the same reason you have people calling every Jordan XI a "(insert color here) space jam", whereas you might have a normal joe see an infrared 90 and think... thats a pink shoe. 
Im almost positive we will see the infrareds at outlets and marked down to $60, $50, $40 relatively soon. 

OP what size do you wear. Honestly I see them but not in full size runs. They made A LOT of these, but rest assure they will disappear and the price will go up on these unless they have another release again next year.

Normally I wear a 10.5, but I had to get these in an 11 since the 10.5 was kind of snug. I guess the 90s are cut thinner cause they're running shoes.

I'm glad I picked these up, I'm already searching for past and future colorways that I might like. I also appreciate the fact that I got them so easily. I'm so sick of paying resellers prices. I can't usually get things on RD because of my work schedule, and pretty soon online will be my only option once I get into the military. Although I've heard the PXs have gotten limited releases in the past, I won't know until I see it.

I can see these sitting for months I mean they're dope but I just don't see ppl going crazy for them like Space Jams etc..

Just add the infrareds the list of all the other classics sitting on the shelf. Kobes, Lebrons, Griffeys, Pennys, Pippens,various Jordans in classic colorways, and foams just sitting. Nike has flooded the market. We're in a recession so Nike/JB has decided the best way to make us open our wallets is by offering us various classics so we give in to our materialistic desires.

These sold out initially around here. Some places got restocks. For the most part they're sold out now.

Originally Posted by sneakerst

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

It was the same after HOA drop.  Honestly the AM90 imo really only appeals to the sneakerheads that are knowledgeable about AM90's in general.  Jordan on the other hand as a wider fan base where people who dont know shoes might remember a specific Jordan retro.  Its the same reason you have people calling every Jordan XI a "(insert color here) space jam", whereas you might have a normal joe see an infrared 90 and think... thats a pink shoe. 
Im almost positive we will see the infrareds at outlets and marked down to $60, $50, $40 relatively soon. 

id agree with the majority of this statement, however, with the most recent retro of the infrareds am90s have just blown up. way up
laugh.gif
 its okay though, as long as am90s arent selling out as fast as jordan retros (and i can still get my pairs) i dont really care.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Just add the infrareds the list of all the other classics sitting on the shelf. Kobes, Lebrons, Griffeys, Pennys, Pippens,various Jordans in classic colorways, and foams just sitting. Nike has flooded the market. We're in a recession so Nike/JB has decided the best way to make us open our wallets is by offering us various classics so we give in to our materialistic desires.
this....i've never seen so much heat just sitting in da shelves because of da bad economy....looks like da early 90's out here all over again.

I mean, they released the infrareds in the HOA series in '05, again in '08, now this year and with the "premium" ostrich leather pair stuck in there somewhere. It's not like we've been waiting forever for these. Nobody thought these would sell out like a shoe that hasn't been released at all in 20 years.

Originally Posted by sneakerst

Its the same reason you have people calling every Jordan XI a "(insert color here) space jam"

Those people are ruining the shoe game for jordan collectors, I'm sure its one reason JB quality has dropped these cool kids are the people who don't know anything about what they're purchasing like, how the shoes are suppose to fit look or feel and will buy them anyways so JB cuts corners to save money cause its an instant sell so why not??? 

Because the new air maxes are actually worth buying. I'd rather have a pair of AM2009's or AM2010 than infrareds, sure it's a classic shoe and all, but i'm done with the nostalgia factor. I'm starting to feel the same way about most nike retros and jordans.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MrDozo

quality
this....i've never seen so much heat just sitting in da shelves because of da bad economy....looks like da early 90's out here all over again.

fixed

I agree about the lack of quality during this recent re-release. The HOA's are much better. Of course I'll cop another pair or 2 if the price drops on these. It's such an iconic shoe/colorway and the mesh is prone to getting dirty. Stock up and take advantage!

^^^^HOA's are not really that much better than these. The HOA's are slightly more comfortable but looks wise there really isn't a difference.

^I agree.

the HOAs were definitely a different shape (wider/bulkier, rounder toebox), but overall quality seems pretty similar to me (as far as materials)

JORDAN VI Blk / varsity Reds
INFRARED AM 90's
Neon Green AM95's
Freshwater Air Griffey Max

all sitting!!!

CA state tax turns my 20% military discount into a 10% discount, so I can't even buy these to resell.

Back
Top Bottom