Infrared 90s sitting?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Just add the infrareds the list of all the other classics sitting on the shelf. Kobes, Lebrons, Griffeys, Pennys, Pippens,various Jordans in classic colorways, and foams just sitting. Nike has flooded the market. We're in a recession so Nike/JB has decided the best way to make us open our wallets is by offering us various classics so we give in to our materialistic desires.
this....i've never seen so much heat just sitting in da shelves because of da bad economy....looks like da early 90's out here all over again.
yep.............my area i got foams, air max 95 neons.......griffeys etc............sitting or marked down.......all the jordan retros even them packs you could find some places.......

people not tryna spend that much money on sneakers like that anymore.

I'm just waiting for some neons and infrared 90s to be marked down.

I havent' stepped foot in a sneaker store in months though so I don't even know what the prices are
laugh.gif

I went to the Gilroy outlet this weekend. No infrareds at Nike yet. Not to go too off topic, but the footlocker there had the Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson trainers for $30 though. Copped a pair. They had a size 10 left. They also had a pair of 9.5 tailwinds for like $27. This economy has really hit the shoe industry hard.

stuff is all sitting cuz we in a recession....

Nah fam, alot of the stuff that's still sitting has been re-retroed in the last few years. The sneaker craze was at an all time high (mid-2000s) when this stuff first retroed. Most people already have a pair or several pairs of these sneakers. Alot of people also take good care of of their sneakers. There's only so many times that people will buy the same shoe, plus it doesn't help that the quality of the recent stuff is worse than their predecessors.

Ya, I saw them on sale this weekend at a store near me (for something like $80.)
Though I'm sure it's not a full size run. Nike retroed these a lot lately. A few years ago -
they sold out immediately around here.

Just because the sneaker don't sell out don't mean its not selling and plus 

You should be glad there sitting its a easier cop and you don't have to get raped my resellers who sell on ebay for crazy prices 

for once's you can walk in a store try out a shoe and not feel rushed to buy anytihng because there is plenty to go around 
pimp.gif

and were do you see freshwater Griffy's sitting  i need a 8.5 hook me up NT 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

Nah fam, alot of the stuff that's still sitting has been re-retroed in the last few years. The sneaker craze was at an all time high (mid-2000s) when this stuff first retroed. Most people already have a pair or several pairs of these sneakers. Alot of people also take good care of of their sneakers. There's only so many times that people will buy the same shoe, plus it doesn't help that the quality of the recent stuff is worse than their predecessors.

my theory is

most of us 80s babies..........the main ones who grew up in the golden years of nike are growin up

i mean  how often do you need/how many sneakers do you need?

i dunno but i wear sneakers for the gym but now a days i dress a lot more mature.....

i copped them on the RD, but they are still sitting... i might get a second pair on sale or with a big discount, they are a sought after shoe but not now, just because lately nike has been flooding the market

I picked up 2 pairs because I didn't have any back stock on these, I may pick up another since my initial pair is serving as a daily beater at work. I have seen them popping up in more places, and my local footlocker JUST got the kids/tot sizes in recently, which if I remember right was a pain to find when they first came out in July.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by vood99

my theory is

most of us 80s babies..........the main ones who grew up in the golden years of nike are growin up

i mean  how often do you need/how many sneakers do you need?

i dunno but i wear sneakers for the gym but now a days i dress a lot more mature.....
wassup wit da subtle condescending remarks?
grin.gif

some people have careers getting paid quite well that they don't have to conform to corporate guidelines when it comes to getting dressed..doesn't make em any less or

more mature.

Nike has flooded the market with these over the past few years, so I'm not really surprised they're sitting right now, especially with the economy.

Retailers better get used to selling retros on discount.

I was broke and messed around and missed these smh. Hopefully I can find a pair somewhere for a good price b4 they gone

What size do you wear? They still seem to be around in the regular sizes in most places.

You'd be a fool to cop these for retail.

All signs point to these being RTV'd and available for dirt at a nike outlet near you!

i havent seen no one on my campus with them on, and we have a few sneaker heads out here in the DMV.

just went to a small footlocker and they said they had plenty and could get them ordered from another store. so theirs plenty, rocking mine to the gym frm now on. picking some more when they hit nike town:smile:

Back
Top Bottom