INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS ON THE RISE....WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN?

Have you dated interracially?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You're one of those special needs kids aren't you?
you cited a search engine as a source...

laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ brazilians being hispanic. If brazilians are hispanic then my black non spanish speaking *** is hispanic too
laugh.gif

I Quoted so I wouldn't have to repeat myself

For somebody who seems to be a smart person I would have thought that needed no explanation.

NYC must have just learned how to use the internet...

gonna be citing yahoo answers next

We're back at this?

So, remember that guy that said most Hispanics are white and everyone thought it was so ridiculous? Yeah, that was me. Got a little more time to back up what I thought.

Well, in America, as far as self-identification is concerned:

According to this article from 2009: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/05/28/whos-hispanic/  (I believe these are findings from the 2000 census)
 As for race, 54% of all Hispanics in the U.S. self-identify as white, 1.5% self-identify as black, 40% do not identify with any race and 3.8% identify as being two or more races
And more recently: http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf  (findings from the 2010 census)
Over half of the Hispanic population identified as White and no other race, while about one-third provided responses that were classified as Some Other Race alone when responding to the question on race. Much smaller proportions of Hispanics identified as other race groups alone: Black alone (3 percent), American Indian and Alaska Native alone (1 percent), Asian alone (0.4 percent), and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone (0.1 percent).

Last edited:

:x

Do yourself a favor and stop posting.

Everything from your horrible grammar to incoherent sentences just makes you sound illiterate.

Before you press the submit button again go over this checklist.

1. You do not need to add more than 1 period to the end of your sentence.

2. Go over the sentence in you head and ask yourself, do I sound like an idiot before posting.

3. Slap your English 101 teacher for letting you pass to the next grade.

We're back at this?

So, remember that guy that said most Hispanics are white and everyone thought it was so ridiculous? Yeah, that was me. Got a little more time to back up what I thought.

According to this article from 2009: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/05/28/whos-hispanic/ (I believe these are findings from the 2000 census)

As for race, 54% of all Hispanics in the U.S. self-identify as white, 1.5% self-identify as black, 40% do not identify with any race and 3.8% identify as being two or more races

And more recently: http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf (findings from the 2010 census)

Over half of the Hispanic population identified as White and no other race, while about one-third provided responses that were classified as Some Other Race alone when responding to the question on race. Much smaller proportions of Hispanics identified as other race groups alone: Black alone (3 percent), American Indian and Alaska Native alone (1 percent), Asian alone (0.4 percent), and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone (0.1 percent).
You realize your findings say self identification right? As in I can be black as night and say I'm white. Doesn't mean I'm white correct?

sick.gif

Do yourself a favor and stop posting.

Everything from your horrible grammar to incoherent sentences just makes you sound illiterate.

Before you press the submit button again go over this checklist.

1. You do not need to add more than 1 period to the end of your sentence.

2. Go over the sentence in you head and ask yourself, do I sound like an idiot before posting.

3. Slap your English 101 teacher for letting you pass to the next grade.
Bruh...you're wrong.

http://www.asale.org/

There is a reason Portugal is not apart of this association.

People that think you have to speak Spanish to be Hispanic trying to make fun of someone
roll.gif
Of course you don't have to speak spanish to be hispanic. There are tons of hispanics born and raised in America that can't speak spanish but you wouldn't say they're not hispanic. However, you must have roots in a spanish speaking nation. Last I checked brazil was colonized by the portuguese. Do you know what they speak in Portugal? Hint: it's not spanish. If brazilians are hispanic simply for being in the vicinity of spanish speaking nations, I guess haitians are too. My cousins down in Texas must be hispanic too. They live real close to the border.

We're back at this?

According to this article from 2009: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/05/28/whos-hispanic/  (I believe these are findings from the 2000 census)
And more recently: http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf  (findings from the 2010 census)
You realize your findings say self identification right? As in I can be black as night and say I'm white. Doesn't mean I'm white correct?
Please!!! Do better bruh, I know your type.

1) I clearly made that obvious and you still came with the nonsense.

2) What's your point?

The fact is that more Hispanics decided to choose "White" over  "Some Other Race".

If we're gonna use race as a social construct, tell me a better way to do it, other than self-identification.

You jokers on here made it seem so ridiculous when I made my initial comment. It clearly was not.

Correct if I'm wrong, but "Hispanic" is NOT a race. It's an ethnicity.

Also, most Hispanics are white. So, yeah, it IS mostly interracial.

2) What's your point?

The fact is that more Hispanics decided to choose "White" over  "Some Other Race".

If we're gonna use race as a social construct, tell me a better way to do it, other than self-identification.

You jokers on here made it seem so ridiculous when I made my initial comment. It clearly was not.

Sighs

As you can see your original statement said most hispanics are white. You made no mention of most hispanics [COLOR=#red]think[/COLOR] they are white. No one would of disagreed with you if you said that. Essentially you're trying to prove a point that you didn't even make :lol:

The fact is it doesn't matter if a hispanic chooses to to pick white over a different race, that doesn't make them white. Most hispanics are not white, so yeah it is not interracial.

Do better bruh :rolleyes

People that think you have to speak Spanish to be Hispanic trying to make fun of someone :rofl:

Of course you don't have to speak spanish to be hispanic. There are tons of hispanics born and raised in America that can't speak spanish but you wouldn't say they're not hispanic. However, you must have roots in a spanish speaking nation. Last I checked brazil was colonized by the portuguese. Do you know what they speak in Portugal? Hint: it's not spanish. If brazilians are hispanic simply for being in the vicinity of spanish speaking nations, I guess haitians are too. My cousins down in Texas must be hispanic too. They live real close to the border.

According to the definitions I've seen it says "related to Spain or spanish speaking country" so for someone to think someone from Portugal is hispanic is not farfetched. If we going by our own social definitions then ok that's different but let's not act like we don't all see the set definition given.

Correct if I'm wrong, but "Hispanic" is NOT a race. It's an ethnicity.

Also, most Hispanics are white. So, yeah, it IS mostly interracial.

2) What's your point?

Sighs

As you can see your original statement said most hispanics are white. You made no mention of most hispanics think they are white. No one would of disagreed with you if you said that. Essentially you're trying to prove a point that you didn't even make
laugh.gif

The fact is it doesn't matter if a hispanic chooses to to pick white over a different race, that doesn't make them white. Most hispanics are not white, so yeah it is not interracial.

Do better bruh
eyes.gif
Very simple:

So, my question is if most Hispanics think they are white, who are you to say they are NOT white?

According to the definitions I've seen it says "related to Spain or spanish speaking country" so for someone to think someone from Portugal is hispanic is not farfetched. If we going by our own social definitions then ok that's different but let's not act like we don't all see the set definition given.

The whole point i've been trying to make since day 1.

But no we're wrong and they're right and that's all there is to it. (because they said so)

But no we're wrong and they're right and that's all there is to it. (because they said so)
But they don't speak Spanish in Portugal so no matter what you both are still wrong. They speak Portuguese, which while similar, is distinctly different, just like Italian. And like I said before, if vicinity to spanish speaking countries makes them hispanic, then haitians must be hispanic too. But no one would ever say that cuz they know it sounds stupid.

But they don't speak Spanish in Portugal so no matter what you both are still wrong. They speak Portuguese, which while similar, is distinctly different, just like Italian. And like I said before, if vicinity to spanish speaking countries makes them hispanic, then haitians must be hispanic too. But no one would ever say that cuz they know it sounds stupid.

What part of related are you not getting?

Forget the fact that they don't speak Spanish for 1 minute, the definition was either another Spanish speaking country, or some other type of relation with Spain in general.

Are you telling me that Gibraltar and Portugal have no other relation to Spain?

It's sort of like how Britain has a relation with Jamaica, they technically aren't British but somewhere along the line Jamaica was a colony of Britain.

Do you get it now?

Last edited:

Can you explain what related to Spain means and why it is in the definition of Hispanic?

Back
Top Bottom