INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS ON THE RISE....WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN?

Have you dated interracially?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But they don't speak Spanish in Portugal so no matter what you both are still wrong. They speak Portuguese, which while similar, is distinctly different, just like Italian. And like I said before, if vicinity to spanish speaking countries makes them hispanic, then haitians must be hispanic too. But no one would ever say that cuz they know it sounds stupid.
What part of related are you not getting?
Forget the fact that they don't speak Spanish for 1 minute, the definition was either another Spanish speaking country, or some other type of relation with Spain in general
Are you telling me that Gibraltar and Portugal have no other relation to Spain?
It's sort of like how Britain has a relation with Jamaica, they technically aren't British but somewhere along the line Jamaica was a colony of Britain.
Do you get it now?
So by that logic it's proper to refer to Jamaicans as British. Sweet. How many times do Latino's have to tell us that they're not all "Spanish", for us to get it? Eeeesh. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you know what you're right, whoever thinks they are white are white

I apologize
Ahh, I see. You couldn't conjure up any of your rubbish for that one, right? I know your type. 
laugh.gif

I see you were trying to get into sematics -  "You said "think" instead of ....blah blah blah"

The data is there, albeit imperfect, but far truer than any nonsense you've come up with.

I'll take it over NTs resident genius who believes he's more qualified in racially categorizing Hispanics, than Hispanics themselves.

Apology accepted though.

So by that logic it's proper to refer to Jamaicans as British. Sweet. How many times do Latino's have to tell us that they're not all "Spanish", for us to get it? Eeeesh. 

Another example of reading what you want to read.

:lol: :lol: you know what you're right, whoever thinks they are white are white

I apologize

Ahh, I see. You couldn't conjure up any of your rubbish for that one, right? I know your type. :lol:

I see you were trying to get into sematics -  "You said "think" instead of ....blah blah blah"

The data is there, albeit imperfect, but far truer than any nonsense you've come up with.

I'll take it over NTs resident genius who believes he's more qualified in racially categorizing Hispanics, than Hispanics themselves.

Apology accepted though.
There's no rubbish. If you believe all it takes is self identifying yourself as a race to be that race then I can't respond to that.

Last edited:
Can you explain what related to Spain means and why it is in the definition of Hispanic?

:rofl:

That's exactly how I feel right now, I'm tired of breaking down everything to simple terms and still hearing "but they don't speak Spanish tho"

I give up.

Can't even say anything on this board without some guy taking your words out of context and twisting them into what they want to hear.

Can you explain what related to Spain means and why it is in the definition of Hispanic?

:rofl:

That's exactly how I feel right now, I'm tired of breaking down everything to simple terms and still hearing "but they don't speak Spanish tho"

I give up.

Can't even say anything on this board without some guy taking your words out of context and twisting them into what they want to hear.
Learn something new everyday. Next time I get a fill in sheet I'm going to check that I'm white .. bam now I'm white :lol:

Learn something new everyday. Next time I get a fill in sheet I'm going to check that I'm white .. bam now I'm white :lol:

LMAO so if i check Asian on a job application you think they'll hire me no questions asked?

Last edited:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you know what you're right, whoever thinks they are white are white

I apologize
Ahh, I see. You couldn't conjure up any of your rubbish for that one, right? I know your type. 
laugh.gif

Apology accepted though.
There's no rubbish. If you believe all it takes is self identifying yourself as a race to be that race then I can't respond to that.
Rubbish. 

See, the truth is that the concept of race is really garbage. There's no hard science to it. It is simply defined by societies and is therefore fluid. And actually is SUBJECTIVE. We only look at people crazy because we have bought into the definitions. I agree that we're better off categorizing ourselves along ethnic and/or cultural lines (you may have mentioned this).

Your belief that we all belong to 3 races (which I personally find ridiculously archaic) is no better than another's belief that we belong to 5 races (I think the US census uses 5 along with "other")

I don't care what people call themselves at all. NOT AT ALL

My main issue here was just the phony-Lupe-Fiasco-esque-psuedo-intelligence that you were displaying. There was just very little intelligence there at all. It was mostly garbage.

But they don't speak Spanish in Portugal so no matter what you both are still wrong. They speak Portuguese, which while similar, is distinctly different, just like Italian. And like I said before, if vicinity to spanish speaking countries makes them hispanic, then haitians must be hispanic too. But no one would ever say that cuz they know it sounds stupid.
What part of related are you not getting?

Forget the fact that they don't speak Spanish for 1 minute, the definition was either another Spanish speaking country, or some other type of relation with Spain in general.

Are you telling me that Gibraltar and Portugal have no other relation to Spain?

It's sort of like how Britain has a relation with Jamaica, they technically aren't British but somewhere along the line Jamaica was a colony of Britain.

Do you get it now?
This would be a valid point if Spain colonized Brazil instead of Portugal
grin.gif

"The 13 colonies were related to Spain. England warred with Spain and thus all Americans are hispanics. And since Spain and Portugal are related since they share a peninsula and have different languages with similarities then the colonies were related to Portugal too. And they both share similarities with Italy and an Italian discovered America and Marco Polo was Italian and he visited china which was part of the mongol empire and......"

According to the definitions I've seen it says "related to Spain or spanish speaking country" so for someone to think someone from Portugal is hispanic is not farfetched. If we going by our own social definitions then ok that's different but let's not act like we don't all see the set definition given.

The whole point i've been trying to make since day 1.

But no we're wrong and they're right and that's all there is to it. (because they said so)

Related to spain as in colonized. For example the philippines which was colonized by Spain yet Spanish was never majorly spoken and the national language today is Tagalog.

roll.gif

I give up.

No one is taking your words out of context. You're saying Brazilians are hispanic. No one ever suggested you said otherwise, we're merely disagreeing with that statement.

Rubbish. 

See, the truth is that the concept of race is really garbage. There's no hard science to it. It is simply defined by societies and is therefore fluid. And actually is SUBJECTIVE. We only look at people crazy because we have bought into the definitions. I agree that we're better off categorizing ourselves along ethnic and/or cultural lines (you may have mentioned this).

Your belief that we all belong to 3 races (which I personally find ridiculously archaic) is no better than another's belief that we belong to 5 races (I think the US census uses 5 along with "other")

I don't care what people call themselves at all. NOT AT ALL

My main issue here was just the phony-Lupe-Fiasco-esque-psuedo-intelligence that you were displaying. There was just very little intelligence there at all. It was mostly garbage.

You stating that hispanics are mostly white just because they think they are white is garbage

So let's just agree to disagree

Last edited:
This would be a valid point if Spain colonized Brazil instead of Portugal >D

"The 13 colonies were related to Spain. England warred with Spain and thus all Americans are hispanics. And since Spain and Portugal are related since they share a peninsula and have different languages with similarities then the colonies were related to Portugal too. And they both share similarities with Italy and an Italian discovered America and Marco Polo was Italian and he visited china which was part of the mongol empire and......"

Related to spain as in colonized. For example the philippines which was colonized by Spain yet Spanish was never majorly spoken and the national language today is Tagalog.

No one is taking your words out of context. You're saying Brazilians are hispanic. No one ever suggested you said otherwise, we're merely disagreeing with that statement.

Yes you are taking my words out of context, I said technically jamaica was a british colony, that somehow got translated into jamaicans are british.

>D nxt

This would be a valid point if Spain colonized Brazil instead of Portugal >D

I thought the debate was people from Portugal are hispanic, where did Brazil come from? Lol

They don't speak Spanish in Portugal though

Portuguese whatever it's still Hispanic.

Thanks for explaining that (no sarcasm),

Last edited:
Damn I'm slipping
laugh.gif
All this time I'm arguing brazilians aren't hispanics and that wasn't even the argument
roll.gif

It's just usually people claim brazilians are hispanics. First I've ever heard of anyone claiming the portuguese are.

Either way my point still stands. If the Portuguese are hispanic we midas whale call Italians hispanic too. Throw the french in there too.

Damn I'm slipping
laugh.gif
All this time I'm arguing brazilians aren't hispanics and that wasn't even the argument
roll.gif

It's just usually people claim brazilians are hispanics. First I've ever heard of anyone claiming the portuguese are.

Either way my point still stands. If the Portuguese are hispanic we midas whale call Italians hispanic too. Throw the french in there too.
Oh dawg you ain't know since cali used to be part of mexico which is an hispanic country with ties to Spain, that means people from Cali is hispanic. Snoop and E-40  are  hispanic rappers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom