iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Friend of mine got his so I got to mess with it in person.  Great device, feels awesome.  I just can't find an excuse to get one yet.  

Played with one at the Apple Store today. I'm digging the size and the device overall, but not having a retina display is a deal-breaker for me.

391657_10151513770182627_2121284175_n.jpg

got it earlier today while I was at work, just got home from the gym. Im LOVING this device. I can finally use the split keyboard, and its so nice holding it and one hand with ease and scrolling with the other. On the low thinking about using my i5 as a hotspot for this and taking this everywhere. The Retina display thing isnt a big deal, yea it would be nice, but cause of the size the screen looks way better than the ipad 2, but not as good as the ipad 3/4 but still great. Super light, and feels great. Hopefully the paid is alittle better and it doesnt chip, I think Im just gonna rock it with a smart cover,though I like the feel of the back.

I played with one at the Zoo, I mean Apple Store at Lenox. I liked it but it is way wide across the back compared to other 7 inchers. As long as the iPad mini is 300+, i'll never get one because you may as well save for the regular iPad then. 350 is not affordable IMO when there are others that do the same thing through different apps for 150 cheaper. 

I played with one at the Zoo, I mean Apple Store at Lenox. I liked it but it is way wide across the back compared to other 7 inchers. As long as the iPad mini is 300+, i'll never get one because you may as well save for the regular iPad then. 350 is not affordable IMO when there are others that do the same thing through different apps for 150 cheaper. 
It's wider because it's not a 7 inch tablet. It's more expensive because it's a better overall package.

Why do people think the only way you can compete is with cheap prices or that apple was trying to make this a budget tablets? Apple never said this was a cheap budget tablet, this just another iOS option.

Why do people think the only way you can compete is with cheap prices or that apple was trying to make this a budget tablets? Apple never said this was a cheap budget tablet, this just another iOS option.
No other company makes any money in the tablet space. They are either selling a decent amount of devices that have zero to negative margins (see Amazon) or not selling any devices that are priced comparably to the iPad because consumers would rather have the iPad.

I played with the iPad mini yesterday. The mini is a beauty and, in my opinion, it's the perfect size. In comparison, the OG iPad is massive and feels incredibly heavy. Holding the mini feels natural and intuitive. It shares the same sleek design as the new iPhones too. Definitely go to an Apple store and try it out in person before making a decision.

I want one ..

Need an excuse to get one though because i'll never use it :lol:

I played with the iPad mini yesterday. The mini is a beauty and, in my opinion, it's the perfect size. In comparison, the OG iPad is massive and feels incredibly heavy. Holding the mini feels natural and intuitive. It shares the same sleek design as the new iPhones too. Definitely go to an Apple store and try it out in person before making a decision.

man Apple perfected the 7 in tablet I can honestly say this is perfect for playing games, I felt the ipad was too big to hold with 2 hands and play games on for a while and this is perfect. them making the screen 7.9 is what makes it so clutch. The Android 7 in tabs looked and felt like play toys whic is why I was always turned off by 7 in tablets.

It's wider because it's not a 7 inch tablet. It's more expensive because it's a better overall package.
I didn't need an explanation, didn't ask for one either. I knew both of those things but for ME, a 7 inch iPad for 350 makes no sense when I can get the real deal for 500. I prefer the iPad over all things which I stated earlier. 

No other company makes any money in the tablet space. They are either selling a decent amount of devices that have zero to negative margins (see Amazon) or not selling any devices that are priced comparably to the iPad because consumers would rather have the iPad.
I missed this but WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU? You a shareholder? Just because no one makes money in YOUR eyes,  nvm, doesn't matter, have a good one y'all.

Last edited:
I didn't need an explanation, didn't ask for one either. I knew both of those things but for ME, a 7 inch iPad for 350 makes no sense when I can get the real deal for 500. I prefer the iPad over all things which I stated earlier. 

Anyway, have a good one y'all.

and you can get an ipod touch for 299, whats your point? Price isnt a factor, each device is for a different person. If I say "Hey I gotta have a 7in tablet" why would I buy a 10in tablet that cost more?

I missed this but WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU? You a shareholder? Just because no one makes money in YOUR eyes,  nvm, doesn't matter, have a good one y'all.
Hey man, just had to point out your ignorance on the size of the screen (which you still don't seem to get).

And yeah, I am a shareholder. Not just a couple either. You want to continue this conversation?

Hey man, just had to point out your ignorance on the size of the screen (which you still don't seem to get).
And yeah, I am a shareholder. Not just a couple either. You want to continue this conversation?
I was never ignorant to the size of the screen, i'm sorry I didn't put 7.9 or whatever but the fact is for the smaller form factor of tablets (IS THAT BETTER?), I prefer the smaller tablets (EXAMPLE nexus 7) because they aren't as wide as the iPad mini, has the Kindle app and they are 150 bucks cheaper. The I is bolded so that you won't get confused again.

Oh and taller is not equal to wider, EXAMPLE, iPhone 5. 

Last edited:
Who got the 4th gen IPAD?

My 4th gen IPAD screen got this yellowish tint. i cant confirm it yet since i dont have 3rd or 4th gen ipad around. im trying to search google or other forum. non is popping out with this issue. maybe its just me..

anyone got this yellowish tint?

Who got the 4th gen IPAD?

My 4th gen IPAD screen got this yellowish tint. i cant confirm it yet since i dont have 3rd or 4th gen ipad around. im trying to search google or other forum. non is popping out with this issue. maybe its just me..

anyone got this yellowish tint?
It happens every time a new iPad comes out.  Some say the yellow tint is caused by the glue still drying, since these are fresh products.  I'm not sure if I buy that, but if you're not satisfied, go exchange that joint until you find one you like.  

With the millions of them that Apple pumps out, there are bound to be defective units out there.  

It happens every time a new iPad comes out.  Some say the yellow tint is caused by the glue still drying, since these are fresh products.  I'm not sure if I buy that, but if you're not satisfied, go exchange that joint until you find one you like.  

With the millions of them that Apple pumps out, there are bound to be defective units out there.  

there is this youtube video from Pocketnow channel comparing 4th and 3rd...thats where i noticed the yellow tint. I search more video today and another speed comparison showed that the 4th looks yellowish or warmer.

when i put my ipad on full brightness it looks fine, maybe its normal after all.. im just trippin.

thanks for replyin tho..

Thanks for the geometry lesson. Not sure what this has to do with anything. The iPad mini is both taller and wider than its 7 inch counterparts.
My original point, which was it was wider across the back, which you called my 'ignorance' and you said it's not a 7 inch. I knew that but you were trying to be a smart *** and not reading what I posted so that's what the geometry lesson is for. Just because it is a 7.9' tablet doesn't mean it has to be as wide as it is, which was my original point.  It has to do with everything that I was talking about. 

They made the iPhone 5 taller but not wider, the iPad mini could have been just as tall and not as wide. The iPad mini dimensions are   7.87 x 5.30  and the Nexus 7 (7.81 x 4.72). The iPad mini isn't a 7 inch tablet neither is the Nexus 7. Usable/viewable screen is a different story, but the iPad mini isn't much taller than the Nexus 7 but almost an inch wider.  Do you get it now? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom