iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

my girl is getting this from her boss when it comes out, we already have an ipad 2 that her parents bought her, i wouldnt buy this, but i can see it being useful and more portable than the big *** ipad, lol @ someone on the 1st page saying pass but would buy a bigger ipad.

They made the iPhone 5 taller but not wider, the iPad mini could have been just as tall and not as wide. The iPad mini dimensions are  7.87 x 5.30  and the Nexus 7 (7.81 x 4.72). The iPad mini isn't a 7 inch tablet neither is the Nexus 7. Usable/viewable screen is a different story, but the iPad mini isn't much taller than the Nexus 7 but almost an inch wider.  Do you get it now? 
The Nexus 7 is a 7 inch tablet. It's screen is SEVEN INCHES. That's how screen size is defined. Whether it's on a tablet, a laptop, a desktop, a television, etc. I think most consumers would prefer a device with a 27.4% bigger screen and 64.9% useable space versus 57.8% on the Nexus.

Yes, it's larger. But based on the reviews, it's the perfect size for portability. Consumers are happy and sales will reflect that.

The Nexus 7 is a 7 inch tablet. It's screen is SEVEN INCHES. That's how screen size is defined. Whether it's on a tablet, a laptop, a desktop, a television, etc. I think most consumers would prefer a device with a 27.4% bigger screen and 64.9% useable space versus 57.8% on the Nexus.
Yes, it's larger. But based on the reviews, it's the perfect size for portability. Consumers are happy and sales will reflect that.

What you think is not fact nor are reviews. Perfection is also subjective and I never said I cared about consumers and their happiness, that is irrelevant. I specifically placed in bold text I because that's what the post was, MY impression.

Anyway, have a good day and this will be my last post regarding this matter.

so what? :lol:
you expect apple to price it lower to make it easier on the conumers? they can price it at $400 and they will still sell MILLIONS! thats a fact
Hey, maybe he was just stating information. I didn't want to jump the gun.

But yes, I would love to see fools on here be the CEO of a 12 figure company.

Let's sell everything at cost! I love the consumer!!!!

If I buy this "new" ipad will I be able to brag about it to people with ipad 3s since my ipad is the newer product?

/\ lolll... bawse

i was reading over the "what do you use your tablet for" thread...
i love using my sisters ipad but the mini is on a diff level (aesthetically and functionally)...
might actually buy it when it gets retina disp

3M iPads sold this weekend. Remember, that doesn't include presale orders that haven't shipped.

People really hate these iPad things. :lol:

3M iPads sold this weekend. Remember, that doesn't include presale orders that haven't shipped.
People really hate these iPad things.
laugh.gif
I know you're an advocate of all things apple but you do realize....

a. 70% of apple sales are from sheep. You gotta agree with me on this one..Most people dont know the specs of their computers other than.."It's APPLE"

b. It's Holiday season. The mini was dropped at the right time. This thing is gonna be in the hands of millions of teens and young adults cause of the size.

I caved and got my girl one even though the ipad 3 she has is a paper weight cause she thought it was too big to lug around...It is now my morning loaf electronic of choice.
laugh.gif

I know you're an advocate of all things apple but you do realize....

a. 70% of apple sales are from sheep. You gotta agree with me on this one..Most people dont know the specs of their computers other than.."It's APPLE"

b. It's Holiday season. The mini was dropped at the right time. This thing is gonna be in the hands of millions of teens and young adults cause of the size.

I caved and got my girl one even though the ipad 3 she has is a paper weight cause she thought it was too big to lug around...It is now my morning loaf electronic of choice. :lol:
Can I pull statistics out of my *** too?

It's holiday season for every company. What's your point?

/\ lolll... bawse
i was reading over the "what do you use your tablet for" thread...
i love using my sisters ipad but the mini is on a diff level (aesthetically and functionally)...
might actually buy it when it gets retina disp
Yea I thought the black one looks sexy especially the back. I'll def upgrade if it gets retina

Friend of mine got his so I got to mess with it in person.  Great device, feels awesome.  I just can't find an excuse to get one yet.  
After the weekend, same friend now has buyer's remorse and told me he keeps finding himself going back to his iPad 3.  Loves the bigger screen too much. 
laugh.gif

When do you guys use your tablets? I go to school, work, and out and about. I just dont see when I'd use it. I already have an iphone and a laptop..

Kind of looking for an excuse to buy one :lol:

Last edited:
When do you guys use your tablets? I go to school, work, and out and about. I just dont see when I'd use it. I already have an iphone and a laptop..
Kind of looking for an excuse to buy one :lol:
It's helpful with my job. It's more convenient in my house to use my iPad instead of bringing my MacBook from room to room.

Kind of looking for an excuse to buy one
laugh.gif
I use it at work...I'm at my job 12 hours some days (all without internet access).

It's great for web-surfing on the go...also, I often use it to watch my cable tv on the go via Slingbox + slingplayer app.  

Given, all these things are luxury's and not necessities, but I find it worth it.

finally got to check the mini out in person and it's pretty awesome. super lightweight and easy to handle. i highly doubt the everyday consumer would ever notice the difference in resolution without a retina display. definitely going to get one for the gf for christmas.

Order statuses have been updated for LTE Mini. Still no set street date.

This little monster has been getting some great praise. Excited to finally receive mine.

Back
Top Bottom