iPhone: Post everything here

you cant brick your phone by jailbreaking. worst case scenario, you just restore.

jailbreaking= adding 3rd party apps ( like NES, Summerboard, etc.)
unlocking= using a carrier other than at & t

unlocking might brick your phone though. but there are ways to fix it..

jailbreaking is simple and worth it IMO. got a bunch of games, custom ringtones, and the ability to customize it however i want (change icons, remove icons,add themes, etc.)

unlocking seems a bit more complicated, but im on at & t, so i dont have any hands on experience.

can someone direct me to a free avi to mpeg-4 converter for a mac? i have a couple movies i want to convert to mpeg-4 onto my iphone.

^exhibit A

MMS is outdated. Its outdated because email apps on phones have become so streamlined(see iphone, bb, other smartphones etc) that theres really no point in itanymore. plus, email is free through wifi instead of using your cellular carriers network.

not actual AIM, but there are 3rd party apps that support AIM.
==========
Those who complain about increased prices on "hype" products need to take an Economics course and learn about Supply and Demand.

Brown Paper Bag
The Glory
Success
Love Stoned
Good Morning

I got a bunch more I wanna make, but I gotta find a way to increase the sound quality using Goldware.

Whats this stuff about the iphone clone? Theres a whole bunch of videos on Youtube.
nerd.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering if you could clarify a few questions I have about unlocking an iPhone. I already have service with AT&T and am nowlooking into getting an iPhone. I do not want to make any changes to my plan because I'm already getting hooked up with a discounted rate that will go awayif I do the iPhone plan. My question is, by unlocking an iPhone would I then be able to just insert my current sim card from my RAZR and be able to use theiPhone without the data plan or any changes to my existing service? What other functions/features would I not be able to utilize by using an unlocked iPhone?Is there any way AT&T can track me using an iPhone without their data plans? Would I be able to download programs/data onto the phone via WiFi? Like thetitle says, I'm really ignorant with this stuff so please not looking for any late passes or any thing like that, just a little advice on what to do. Anyfeedback is gladly welcomed.

Eh, its a dumb chance. Basically, if you plug your phone in to a computer, youre risking permanently using your $400 phone as a paperweight. Not a good choice.

Eventually there will be updates with such great stuff, those who have unlocked phones wont be able to have new apps and all of the updates for the iPhone.

Take it from someone who knows and deals with it all day.. DONT UNLOCK AN IPHONE.

Actually I thought the speaker phone was pretty good and the ear piece is awesome since your pretty much using two ear buds instead of one. It's just theregular way that I have the hardest time hearing. Like I don't even know why there is volume control for it cause when you put it down half way, youcan't even hear anything.

Just a quick question, and if it's already been answered in previous pages I apologize, but is there going to be an "upgrade" to the phone in thenext 2-3 months? My contract with Verizon ends in the beginning of February and to be honest, their network isn't the best in my area, and I may as well goback to AT&T.

If an upgrade is expected in June, I probably won't wait, but if it there's an upgrade in late February or early March I may hold out.

Thanks in advance.

hey guys

i'm thinkin of gettin a iphone. i have a family plan with at&t now, so calls are taken care of. but if i get an iphone will the only charges be theextra 20 for data.

thanks
pimp.gif

Can't wait till I'm done exams to update from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 gpSphone 1.0.0 will be worth it alone. Can't wait until they get it running 100% FinalFantasy Tactics, Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart. Wooooooooooooooooo.

wow that purple one looks waaaay better then i thought. i have the blue,red,and black cases already but im really lovin that purple.

Philly's Most Wanted-"Cross the Border"
Jae Millz/Fabolous/Lil' Wayne-"Bring it Back Remix"
John Legend-"Number One"
Lupe Fiasco-"Sunshine"
Mobb Deep-"Shook Ones(Pt.2)"
Fabolous-"Right Now and Later On"

Can I use my Sidekick 3 sim card for unlocked iPhone? It has 2 years contract and I dont want to pay $200 penalty to terminate my contract. So is itpossible and any other info would be appreciated.

Sup_

^ Why when you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

And correct me if I am wrong you cannot use the iPhones features without it being activated. It is possible
I believe I read it somewhere but why would you even want to carry 2-3 different things when you can carry
1 sleek iPhone.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom