iPhone: Post everything here

NT how much money do you really need to bring on the first day? And what would your first bill look like at the end of the month? I need to know an accurateamount because Im using my moms name to open an account since Im only 16 and need to know how much to pay her? Oh and Im getting just the base plans.

Is there any chance Verizon will pick this up? I know they're not GSM but is there any hope?

Originally Posted by Dizzy21

Is there any chance Verizon will pick this up? I know they're not GSM but is there any hope?

Perhaps in 2012 when the exclusivity deal with AT&T is up. Or you could get one, go to T-Mobile and jailbreak it.

NT how much money do you really need to bring on the first day? And what would your first bill look like at the end of the month? I need to know an accurate amount because Im using my moms name to open an account since Im only 16 and need to know how much to pay her? Oh and Im getting just the base plans.
cost of the phone plus tax. Your first bill is gonna be your monthly cost+tax+activation($36). You'll also need your mom there to get thephone since you gotta sign a contract.

So according to all the information posted everywhere you're gonna need bout 5g's on RD lol

++$ r u talkin bout? 5G's?^^^

so lets see

im gonna need about $212 on release date.

and my first bill will prolly look like 70+36+6= $110

overall $322 does not sound bad

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

++$ r u talkin bout? 5G's?^^^

so lets see

im gonna need about $212 on release date.

and my first bill will prolly look like 70+36+6= $110

overall $322 does not sound bad

It's definitely going to be more than 110 I believe, I think your forgetting about all of the state/federal taxes so add about $10 or so to your totalto be on the safer side.

Dont forget pro rated charges black... which depend on when your billing cycle is so say its the 11th now and your billing cycle is on the 20th... your notgonna get a 9 day bill so those 9 days are going to be on your first bill which already has a month on it....

is anyone planning on getting the white 16gig model?
I need to see actual pics of it before i decide on spending an extra 100 for it.

MAC RUMORS NEWS:
iPhone App Store: 500 Apps at Launch, 25% Free [Update]

USA Today spoke with Steve Jobs about the impending App Store launch that is rumored to launch at 9 am PT on Thursday, July 10th.

Jobs reveals that 500 applications will be launching on Thursday and that it is "the biggest launch" of his career. Apps will be available from MySpace, Facebook, AOL, eBay, SEGA and many more companies. One called Pandora allows you to create custom internet radio stations:
Pandora is already available on other phones from AT&T and Sprint, for a monthly fee. On the iPhone, it is free. That makes it "a credible alternative to broadcast (radio)," in part because iPhones can be plugged into car stereos, founder Tim Westergren says.
According to Jobs, at launch, 25% (~125) of the apps will be free while 90% of the remaining applications will be $9.99 or less. Meanwhile, New York Times has a similar article and pinpoints that one third (~166) of the apps will be games. A new site called TouchArcade.com is specifically covering iPhone and iPod touch gaming and has already covered some interesting possibilities.

Update: The New York Times hosts videos of some upcoming iPhone applications: Tap Tap Revolution, Twinkle, and FriendBook.
and something everyone will like if you dont know already...

iPhone 2.0 Firmware (5A347) Available Early
Once again, digging through Apple's XML files has revealed the url to the iPhone 2.0 Firmware that is presently available on Apple's servers. One of our readers found this new firmware image:

iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (download link)

This build is slightly higher than the one of the latest iPhone Firmware Beta (5A345) which was also spotted on shipping iPhone 3Gs. Despite the filename appearing in the XML file, the actual firmware has not yet been released officially. As well, the firmware carries a "1,2" designation while all previous firmwares, including the beta firmwares carried a "1,1" number.

Apple has posted an updated guide about firmware upgrades and warns:
Normally if you choose to update, the iPhone or iPod touch software is updated but your settings and media are not affected. If your device currently has a software version prior to 2.0 (1.x) and you are updating to software version 2.0 or later, all data on your device will be erased in order to perform install the new software. In this case, iTunes will offer to create a one-time media backup of your device depending on what content is on your device and what content is stored in the iTunes Library you are connected to. You should ensure that you have enough free space on your Mac or PC to accommodate a backup that matches the capacity of your iPhone or iPod touch (4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB) if you proceed with the this backup.
Be sure to fully sync prior to proceeding. In order to install this firmware, you will have to do it manually by pressing the Option key when pressing the "Check for Update" button in iTunes. Then select the .ipsw file manually. If for some reason your download is a ".zip" file, rename it to ".ipsw" before proceeding.

We expect the firmware to be officially released shortly and will appear in your iTunes software update. If you don't wish to wait, you can use this method, but should proceed with caution and at your own risk. That being said, there are reports of people having successfully used this firmware on the original iPhone, and are successfully downloading and running App Store apps.

Note: Can not be used for iPod touch.
mhmmm
smokin.gif

just a little heads up for those who didnt know. everyone check out that firm 2.0
happy.gif

Any one try out AIM yet it will basically give me more incentive to pick up the fone tomorrow so i can finally get rid of this damn sidekick.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

if your iphone is hacked can u still get those applications?

you phone can be hacked and unlocked, but it has to have an AT&T sim card to work. otherwise its going to lock on the activation screen.

some people even said thei unlocked phones bricked. so iono.

i think this is just safe for the official AT&T customers.

but Dev Team jailbroke 2.0 already (a while ago actually) so soon there will be the jailbroken firmware. so everyone with jailbroken phones just be patienti guess.

dont try if you dont have a legit AT&T iphone. no unlocked phones yet. dudes getting this screen:

img1778zr1.jpg

img1779nn1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and im not joking. really, dont do it. only legit aT&T customers with non hacked phones.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

if your iphone is hacked can u still get those applications?

you phone can be hacked and unlocked, but it has to have an AT&T sim card to work. otherwise its going to lock on the activation screen.

some people even said thei unlocked phones bricked. so iono.

i think this is just safe for the official AT&T customers.

but Dev Team jailbroke 2.0 already (a while ago actually) so soon there will be the jailbroken firmware. so everyone with jailbroken phones just be patient i guess.

dont try if you dont have a legit AT&T iphone. no unlocked phones yet. dudes getting this screen:

img1778zr1.jpg

img1779nn1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and im not joking. really, dont do it. only legit aT&T customers with non hacked phones.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
YO! i would no lie cry like a chick... id be soo pissed!

Credit card Social security number Valid, government-issued photo ID
So many regulations to buy a damn phone
indifferent.gif
im pretty sure it has nothing to do with apple and more with at&t but christ, you'd think thisphone was curing cancer.

Will AT&T have any old iphones??

I would rather have an old than new.. For waaay less than eBay prices..

has anyone used Myxer for ringtones yet? i seen a lot of people talk about it but no one verifying how good it is...

Back
Top Bottom