iPod on Surround Sound Speaker question

Hey fellas,

So I'm going to be a senior in college next year, and until this point I've never really cared about what my room looks like.  I had a few posters (Scarface, Goodfellas, and Boondock Saints, to be precise) but aside from that all I had was my bed and my desk.  This summer I have an internship where I'm getting paid pretty well, so I want to get a nice TV and stuff for my room next year, which of course I'll continue to use after I graduate when I move in to my own place.  I know I'm going to get a TV from Best Buy in the $800=$1K range (I know I want 1080p display with a 120 Hz refresh rate  and a screen in the 42"-46" range - if anybody has any suggestions).  Also, I want to get surround sound speakers.  This is where I don't know much about.  I know they look cheap enough on Best Buy's web site, and I don't care whether or not the speakers are as nice as the TV.  If anybody could recommend me something to get for up to $200 that would be great.  Now, my final (and only actual) question: would I be able to use the speakers to play my iPod as well, or are there any type of speakers I could plug into both a television and iPod dock?  I don't want to have to constantly unplugging and switching wires between the two.  I'm just a little ******ed on this subject, so if anybody could enlighten me, I'd be much obliged.  Have a nice day guys.

Did you check out the Home Theater In A Box?

There are speakers/systems that have a line in (AUX for the ipod as well as audio (white and red))

surround sound for 200
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

surround sound for 200
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Truballa72189 wrote:
Hey fellas,

So I'm going to be a senior in college next year, and until this point I've never really cared about what my room looks like.  I had a few posters (Scarface, Goodfellas, and Boondock Saints, to be precise) but aside from that all I had was my bed and my desk.  This summer I have an internship where I'm getting paid pretty well, so I want to get a nice TV and stuff for my room next year, which of course I'll continue to use after I graduate when I move in to my own place.  I know I'm going to get a TV from Best Buy in the $800=$1K range (I know I want 1080p display with a 120 Hz refresh rate  and a screen in the 42"-46" range - if anybody has any suggestions).  Also, I want to get surround sound speakers.  This is where I don't know much about.  I know they look cheap enough on Best Buy's web site, and I don't care whether or not the speakers are as nice as the TV.  If anybody could recommend me something to get for up to $200 that would be great.  Now, my final (and only actual) question: would I be able to use the speakers to play my iPod as well, or are there any type of speakers I could plug into both a television and iPod dock?  I don't want to have to constantly unplugging and switching wires between the two.  I'm just a little ******ed on this subject, so if anybody could enlighten me, I'd be much obliged.  Have a nice day guys.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom