Iraqi and American Air Forces just went in on ISIS

I don't understand the need to latch on to the extreme here when a decent conversation could be had. I lose interest in these discussions with nters when this happens. You can empathize with with innocent citizens of the world being murdered, acknowledge the part imperialism plays in the creation of these groups, yet still want a solution to the current and very real threat. Stop peacocking and trying to make a multi faceted issue one dimensional. It's like dudes have no flexibility in their thoughts, or just choose not to be.

Last edited:
A lot of emotions and fear involved. Good luck with all that.

I understand what she is saying though. And appreciate it.

Idk man, why dont you look it up? Its a cluster **** now, they're attacking any country that attacks them at this point. Whats the root of it all though? You act as if these people woke up one day and decided to terrorize the world for no apparent reason. Indiscriminately killing innocent people is clearly never acceptable, but dont act like we havent been doing just that for decades. We've been interfering with the sovereignty of numerous middle east countries in the name of private profits long before you were even born. Like i said, what came first the chicken or the egg? You'll need to go back a little farther than 1993. Terrorism is a response to western imperialism and colonialism. They dont have the infrastructure or resources to defend themselves militarily from western powers so this is the type of retaliation we end up with.

So on one extreme side we have people thinking it's ok to kill innocent muslims because some muslims use their religion as a vessel for terrorism.

On the other extreme side we have people who think that the west should be held responsible for something that has been goin on for 100s of years. :lol:

Did you forget Saddam was using gas on his own people?

But we should just Kermit sip that huh?

Once again, what came first, the chicken or the egg? You wanna go back some arbitrary number of years, we can go back a thousand years if you like. Colonialism didnt start this millennium. The "west" was doing their money grab before america was even around. You seem to think if you go back far enough you can absolve "our" side of any blame. That we can be the good guys if we just place the goal posts in a specific decade of our choosing.

We've been kermit sipping the atrocities in africa for quite sometime now. US companies dont have significant economic intrest there though. You really believe our involvement is humanitarian? Dont be naive.

Cause china and russia kill their own people too. They invade their neighbors and strong arm weaker countries as well. But we dont want those problems. The risk/reward ratio is not worth it. It has nothing to do with humanitarianism, or spreading democracy and freedom. Its about money and power and always has been. Dont buy into that nationalist bs.

Last edited:
Idk man, why dont you look it up? Its a cluster **** now, they're attacking any country that attacks them at this point. Whats the root of it all though? You act as if these people woke up one day and decided to terrorize the world for no apparent reason. Indiscriminately killing innocent people is clearly never acceptable, but dont act like we havent been doing just that for decades. We've been interfering with the sovereignty of numerous middle east countries in the name of private profits long before you were even born. Like i said, what came first the chicken or the egg? You'll need to go back a little farther than 1993. Terrorism is a response to western imperialism and colonialism. They dont have the infrastructure or resources to defend themselves militarily from western powers so this is the type of retaliation we end up with.

So on one extreme side we have people thinking it's ok to kill innocent muslims because some muslims use their religion as a vessel for terrorism.

On the other extreme side we have people who think that the west should be held responsible for something that has been goin on for 100s of years. :lol:

Did you forget Saddam was using gas on his own people?

But we should just Kermit sip that huh?

Once again, what came first, the chicken or the egg? You wanna go back some arbitrary number of years, we can go back a thousand years if you like. Colonialism didnt start this millennium. The "west" was doing their money grab before america was even around. You seem to think if you go back far enough you can absolve "our" side of any blame. That we can be the good guys if we just place the goal posts in a specific decade of our choosing.

We've been kermit sipping the atrocities in africa for quite sometime now. US companies dont have significant economic intrest there though. You really believe our involvement is humanitarian? Dont be naive.

Cause china and russia kill their own people too. They invade their neighbors and strong arm weaker countries as well. But we dont want those problems. The risk/reward ratio is not worth it. It has nothing to do with humanitarianism, or spreading democracy and freedom. Its about money and power and always has been. Dont buy into that nationalist bs.

Great posts in here.

Malcolm called it the chickens coming home to roost.

You can tell who is educated and who isn't in this thread. Dudes just read headlines and listen to pundits and spew nothing but bs instead of reading history books on a very complicated and intense situation.

Props to ya who try to teach dudes on here it'sadmirable effort but dudes don't have critical thinking or reasoning skills.

M Mark Antony

I think people are admitting that this is a complex issue and that we ain't got the answers Sway.

Like i said multiple times tho, its okay to point out what we know for a fact ISN'T working and not have an alternative.

If anyone in here had a practical and viable solution, we wouldn't be on NT.

This is a discussion on a message board. I think everyone in here is doing an okay job of carrying out that discussion.

The Bangladesh attackers asked their hostages to repeat verses from the Quran in order to be spared, they didn't ask them to raise their hand if they supported "US imperialism".

Radical Islamists will kill anyone who isn't on their side. The west's actions has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
The Bangladesh attackers asked their hostages to repeat verses from the Quran in order to be spared, they didn't ask them to raise their hand if they supported "US imperialism".

Radical Islamists will kill anyone who isn't on their side. The west's actions has nothing to do with it.

Radical Islam or not, there were zero suicide attacks in Iraq's HISTORY before U.S invasion in 2003. Since the invasion there's been 2,000.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but there's definitely a correlation here.

ISIS may be religiously driven, but I believe they are people who's lives have been ****** by imperialism. If any of our families were wiped out by a drone strike and it was ignored by the media and law, I would imagine it would be easy to be talked into joining a cult of any kind. Especially one that specializes in poking the beast.

Good post.
I don't understand the need to latch on to the extreme here when a decent conversation could be had. I lose interest in these discussions with nters when this happens. You can empathize with with innocent citizens of the world being murdered, acknowledge the part imperialism plays in the creation of these groups, yet still want a solution to the current and very real threat. Stop peacocking and trying to make a multi faceted issue one dimensional. It's like dudes have no flexibility in their thoughts, or just choose not to be.
Even better post.

Radical Islam or not, there were zero suicide attacks in Iraq's HISTORY before U.S invasion in 2003. Since the invasion there's been 2,000.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but there's definitely a correlation here.

ISIS may be religiously driven, but I believe they are people who's lives have been ****** by imperialism. If any of our families were wiped out by a drone strike and it was ignored by the media and law, I would imagine it would be easy to be talked into joining a cult of any kind. Especially one that specializes in poking the beast.
I honestly believe most of them just got talked into joining, like any of us believing in our military and joining it.

On the side-note, we destabilized that area, but Arab spring would have happened regardless of our intervention. Education, women's rights, freedom, open society, all of these were influencing the youth in those countries.

Yes and GW called the war in Afghanistan a "crusade" and said god told him to carpet bomb metropolitan areas.

To sit here and say western imperialism has nothing at all to do with it is being purposefully dense on your part. Islamic terrorism isnt of a single mind and purpose. Of course religion is an element here. They use religion for recruitment in a similar fashion as the US military uses nationalism. The conflict isnt as black and white as you wish it to be.

Back
Top Bottom