Is anybody really a Russell Westbrook fan?

But we know he is still learning the PG position. He is an athlete first and foremost in my eyes. And you are right, you shouldn't be saying that about a PG. But, but, but, he is young and athletic as hell and is able to get by with that. For now. He has improved though but remember, the dude hasn't even been playing PG for 6 years forreal.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Superficially...not at all.
I'm a bandwagon hater when it comes to him.
I'll be like OH +#*! REFSBROOK YAMMED IT...but hate on him in the same breath.

I see him, I +!%% the
grin.gif

Even if he does something, I'm like...that's nice...Fix your face before I fix it for you.

I wish Harden or KD did something instead.

Damn that boy is atheletic...and dumb.

I forgot he could pass...that won't last.

I wonder if D.Rose is playing tonight.

Man that Ibaka is nice, give him the ball.

Nice dunk...still too much angry ninja turtle in ya face.

Just pass the #!@$#%* ball to Harden or KD.

No...I don't enjoy him. I respect his ability, talent and impact on some games.
But Starbury me once, shame on you, Starbury me twice...
and I still got an old pair somewhere.
30t6p3b.gif
oh man you had me dying with that post... 
as for westbrook, I don't mind him I liked his game more at UCLA but of course as originally pointed out he's learning the pg position basically as he goes...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But we know he is still learning the PG position. He is an athlete first and foremost in my eyes. And you are right, you shouldn't be saying that about a PG. But, but, but, he is young and athletic as hell and is able to get by with that. For now. He has improved though but remember, the dude hasn't even been playing PG for 6 years forreal.
I'm aware of all this.  I just want to see him mature as a person/leader.  I think the players like playing with him because he's good and helps them win games but they don't seem to love playing with him like teamates of Rose, Rondo, CP3, Nash or most other top guards he's in competition with.

I like him...top 5 athlete in the NBA

in no order...

Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Blake
Monta Ellis/Rondo

we know he can dunk.

he's been playing great though.  Can't wait til the Playoffs that will be the test.

Originally Posted by Johnson1

in no order...

Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Blake
Monta Ellis/Rondo
Deandre Jordan

What I like about Russell is that he feels that he is the best player in the NBA, I can't wait to see where he takes his game in the upcoming years.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Originally Posted by Johnson1

in no order...

Lebron
Rose
Westbrook
Blake
Monta Ellis/Rondo
Deandre Jordan

What I like about Russell is that he feels that he is the best player in the NBA, I can't wait to see where he takes his game in the upcoming years.
pimp.gif

Remember seeing him play his senior year at the Say No in LA, before heading to UCLA. UCLa was really the only major school to offer the kid. I knew right then he was gonna be special. Loved him in college bc he played unselfish, locked up and under contol. He's whOle mentality has changed and I'm not a fan of the NBA Russell

He has identity crisis. The NBA has never really been a place for shoot first PGs unless they are the star player. Fact of the matter is that in general, KD is option 1 on that team and Westbrook is 2. He wants to be #1 though, which causes the problems.

What problems? The best record in the league? Going from a 23 win team to a 50 win team to a WCF team with him at the point? KD being the 2 time scoring champ with him at the point?

And I can't believe OP mentioned Rondo as some sort of antithesis, when his attitude issues have been well chronicled by Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett, and Rondo himself who for instance admitted after Perk got traded his play suffered because he was pouting and $@%! was just suspended 2 games like a week ago for throwing a ball at the ref.

One day kats will learn to quit just eating up whatever the media serves and think for themselves.

He makes angry faces sometimes, his teammates must hate playing with him.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

What problems? The best record in the league? Going from a 23 win team to a 50 win team to a WCF team with him at the point? KD being the 2 time scoring champ with him at the point?

And I can't believe OP mentioned Rondo as some sort of antithesis, when his attitude issues have been well chronicled by Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett, and Rondo himself who for instance admitted after Perk got traded his play suffered because he was pouting and $@%! was just suspended 2 games like a week ago for throwing a ball at the ref.

One day kats will learn to quit just eating up whatever the media serves and think for themselves.

He makes angry faces sometimes, his teammates must hate playing with him.

you are my dude but you becoming captain save a Thunder. Stop it. In every NBA thread you have to show your fandom.

I don't use the media these are my own beliefs. I WATCH the games.

And at the end of the day, all your his teammates must hate playing with him is based entirely on assumption and not fact. Got any actual quotes from anybody on the Thunder or coaching staff? Because again, I could provide that on Rondo for example.

And Rondo being suspended for throwing the ball at a ref, fact. Not even that I care, because he's similar to Russ in that he has an edge to him that fuels him and how hard he plays but again, as some type of example of how to be a good teammate and have a great attitude, you should admit that he is a terrible example. If you wanted to include off the court incidents, gets even further from the truth. He's a well chronicled tough dude to deal with.

Fact > Fiction

Predictable debate tactic when kats don't have an argument though, attempt to discredit the source

Ive always liked UCLA basketball, so im a fan of Russell Westbrook. Turnovers are his main problem in my opinion, as seen in that game vs Sacramento this season. He didn't come into the league as a point guard so its understandable, but his development will be key to an OKC title run.

Go Mbah A Moute

And at the end of the day, all your his teammates must hate playing with him is based entirely on assumption and not fact. Got any actual quotes from anybody on the Thunder or coaching staff? Because again, I could provide that on Rondo for example.

And Rondo being suspended for throwing the ball at a ref, fact. Not even that I care, because he's similar to Russ in that he has an edge to him that fuels him and how hard he plays but again, as some type of example of how to be a good teammate and have a great attitude, you should admit that he is a terrible example. If you wanted to include off the court incidents, gets even further from the truth. He's a well chronicled tough dude to deal with.

Fact > Fiction

Predictable debate tactic when kats don't have an argument though, attempt to discredit the source

Rondo gets more assist in his sleep than Westbrook so just stop comparing them.

Also Durant and most of OKC's team are good dudes and young.  They aren't going to say anything to the media.  You can literally see the tension during games though.  Do they hate his guts? No. But they damn sure don't love his game.  Because they never go out their way to give him props like other PGs teamates do.

You are a fan because you have season tickets. Stop being a homer.

ps he looked like a fool and was confused on how to react during the ASG. Great dunks but he looked lame as hell. He makes it easy to dislike him

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Fact > Fiction

Rondo gets more assist in his sleep than Westbrook so just stop comparing them.

Also Durant and most of OKC's team are good dudes and young.  They aren't going to say anything to the media.  You can literally see the tension during games though.  Do they hate his guts? No. But they damn sure don't love his game.  Because they never go out their way to give him props like other PGs teamates do.

You are a fan because you have season tickets. Stop being a homer.

ps he looked like a fool and was confused on how to react during the ASG. Great dunks but he looked lame as hell. He makes it easy to dislike him
Calling him a homer is being generous. Dude would sleep with Westbrook if given the chance.

So they're good dudes and won't say anything to the media you say... or there's no issue and that's why they're saying nothing.

And "you can LITERALLY see the tension"
laugh.gif
I must be watching a different team then. I don't see players ignoring Westbrook's high fives, I don't see them not picking him up off the floor if he gets fouled, I don't see them giving him dirty looks the entire game, or any other obvious problems. I also see plenty of examples of him giving up the ball to Durant late in games, early in the shot clock, and letting KD go to work. I can't recall seeing Westbrook constantly wave off Durant or ignore the coach's plays, either. Could you see things during the game that would support your case? Sure.. but I'm sure we could apply that same effort to ANY star player on any team and say "see... his teammates dislike him".

He will never be Steve Nash or Chris Paul, but so long as they win.. that won't matter. I can understand if people prefer pure point guards or players who are humble and reserved.. but that doesn't automatically make a scoring PG with supreme confidence impossible to like. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

So they're good dudes and won't say anything to the media you say... or there's no issue and that's why they're saying nothing.

And "you can LITERALLY see the tension"
laugh.gif
I must be watching a different team then. I don't see players ignoring Westbrook's high fives, I don't see them not picking him up off the floor if he gets fouled, I don't see them giving him dirty looks the entire game, or any other obvious problems. I also see plenty of examples of him giving up the ball to Durant late in games, early in the shot clock, and letting KD go to work. I can't recall seeing Westbrook constantly wave off Durant or ignore the coach's plays, either. Could you see things during the game that would support your case? Sure.. but I'm sure we could apply that same effort to ANY star player on any team and say "see... his teammates dislike him".

He will never be Steve Nash or Chris Paul, but so long as they win.. that won't matter. I can understand if people prefer pure point guards or players who are humble and reserved.. but that doesn't automatically make a scoring PG with supreme confidence impossible to like. 
QFT!

people hate on Westbrook for no reason

Back
Top Bottom