Is Dez Bryant really overrated?

ill call a spade a spade...

but crabtree was so sure of his status, so sure that he was the best receiver that when another receiver went before him, he refused to play unless he made more than him...

he wouldnt take #10 picks money because he felt HE DESERVED to be paid as the top wideout...

he had those thoughts in his head for a reason...

because every talking head, every todd mcshay and mike mayock had him being the next big thing...

dez was a year removed from football and people were wondering if he would go first round...which he barely did..

the hype isnt close..

but ill call this one a wash, so we wont be bantering in circles ala any silly putty post...

:lol:

Whatever you think, bro. It's not a wash at all. Hype for Dez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crabtree.

I can agree that Crabtree's hype was greater than Dez. I mean He was a 2 time Blietnikoff winner, had damn near 2k yards in his freshman year, ppl were hyping him more than Dez, IMO. Esp being that Dez hype slowed some when he got suspended. That "I dreamed it in my head" catch Crabtree had vs UT send his hype into overdrive.

Yeah buddy....to call it the spread offense is like saying water is wet. I don't even think they had RB's on the team.

I think Kendall Hunter had more yards in 1 season than the entire TTU RB core that '08 year when him and Dez went dummy

LMAO dude really said Dez was more hyped than Crabtree? Seriously?

Well Dez being "overrated" isn't nearly as bad as people saying Romo is overrated. Like, how the hell can someone who is undrafted, never won anything on a high school or collegiate level, and sat for damn near 5 years "overrated." :lol:

I'll admit Jerry giving him the #88 put expectations at a high for Dez, but even if you take that into consideration, his first 31 games >>> Michael Irvin's. Its as I said before: People, for whatever reason, that Dez would put up Randy Moss #'s his first two years. And as VA said it, having that star on your helmet automatically elevates you to a different status.

You hear people clamoring about the Cowboys not winning a chip since 1996 which has been 17 years. But you never heard about people clamoring about the Giants going the same stretch without winning a chip. How bout the Jets (1960). People were poking fun at the Boys for not winning starting in 2004. But no other team. Because I guess greatness is expected. So in a way, I guess we should appreciate the love :lol:

I think the constant problem NFL critics will always have with Dez is they don't truly believe he's working his hardest to get better during the week in practices and training camps. They also likely don't believe he's producing his absolute best on the field on Sundays. Those numbers, best he can do? I think not.

I remember late in his last year at TxTech, Crabtree was being pumped up to be 6'4" 225. The amount of groans and disappointment when they found out he wasn't was hilarious :lol: I don't see how people can add that many inches to your height like that.

Victor Cruuzzzzzzzzz > Dez Bryant

Then again, I absolutely love the fact that the Cowboys haven't been relevant in the playoffs in 16 years. Oh man, what a great time.

But seriously, in order for Dez to be a top notch receiver he needs a brain, he needs awareness, and sometimes some guys just won't get it. He'll be decent.

I never knew NTalkers had an obsession with Dez Bryant - ? Then again it wouldn't surprise me, half these dudes wer ein love with Iverson and still think he can play in the NBA.:lol:

Victor Cruuzzzzzzzzz > Dez Bryant
Then again, I absolutely love the fact that the Cowboys haven't been relevant in the playoffs in 16 years. Oh man, what a great time.
But seriously, in order for Dez to be a top notch receiver he needs a brain, he needs awareness, and sometimes some guys just won't get it. He'll be decent.
I never knew NTalkers had an obsession with Dez Bryant - ? Then again it wouldn't surprise me, half these dudes wer ein love with Iverson and still think he can play in the NBA.:lol:
That's a given. Giants fan or not. Cruz is performing like a top-10 receiver again this season. No fluke.

I've paid special attention to how Mike has developed (or lack thereof) because our guy, DHB, has had a better career so far given all the criticism.

Well your "special attention" must mean not pay any attention at all. Its funny because you arent the only Raider fan to make a similar claim....yet it doesnt make it any less absurd.

Explain to me in what world a guy, who has played in almost the same amount of career games, has roughly 100 less receptions, 1000 less yards, and 6 less touchdowns can be considered having the better career so far.

Please.

Last edited:
I've paid special attention to how Mike has developed (or lack thereof) because our guy, DHB, has had a better career so far given all the criticism.

Well your "special attention" must mean not pay any attention at all. Its funny because you arent the only Raider fan to make a similar claim....yet it doesnt make it any less absurd.

Explain to me in what world a guy, who has played in almost the same amount of career games, has roughly 100 less receptions, 1000 less yards, and 6 less touchdowns can be considered having the better career so far.

Please.

:lol:

DHB has been one of the biggest jokes since he was drafted. People remember him for 2 things. 1 for being drafted way earlier than anyone thought he would be, and 2 being this joke of a play.

Darius Heyward-Bey was 25 yards away from 1,000 yards receiving and had a 15.2 yards per catch average last year. Those numbers are actually better than either Dez or Crabtree have had in their careers. He's came a LONG way since his first couple years in the league, he's a legit threat out there now. If him, Ford and Denarius Moore could ever be healthy at the same time then the Raiders could win that division.

Bottom line for me, Dez has the most potential but hasn't quite lived up to it yet. When will he is the question.

Next, DHB has a higher ceiling than Crabby based on elite speed and athleticism, but thus far, I'm taking Crabby's body of work in their short NFL careers. Crabby looks A LOT better with an improved version of Alex Smith and VD, Manningham, and Moss helping to spread the field.

Please.
laugh.gif

DHB has been one of the biggest jokes since he was drafted. People remember him for 2 things. 1 for being drafted way earlier than anyone thought he would be, and 2 being this joke of a play.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Raiders fans got a little too carried away in this thread.  They needed that reality check to bring them back down to earth.

There is not that much of a gap between Crabtree and DHB. Most recently, DHB had better production last season.

Please.

Darius Heyward-Bey was 25 yards away from 1,000 yards receiving and had a 15.2 yards per catch average last year. Those numbers are actually better than either Dez or Crabtree have had in their careers. He's came a LONG way since his first couple years in the league, he's a legit threat out there now. If him, Ford and Denarius Moore could ever be healthy at the same time then the Raiders could win that division.

And that was after being benched mysteriously for two games and missing one with a neck injury. I love how he brought up receptions like that instantly brings credibility to your argument. Welker led the league in receptions last year, how many of yall have him in your Top 10? Niners spent a 1st round pick on a slot receiver. He's the black, underwhelming version of Wes Welker...except Welker is faster. And even with more receptions, DHB has more yards, the bigger plays, and more of a weapon. You see how DB's play him? 10 yard cushions. Add to the fact he's tough to bring down after making a catch...has Crabtree even broken an NFL tackle yet?

Obviously DHB was the rawer product out of school, but you'd be lying through your teeth if you'd take Crabtree over him present day.

Last edited:
Dez has tons of talent, much of which I believe hasn't surfaced.

His only problem, he needs to get right mentally. From his personal life to game smart.

And that was after being benched mysteriously for two games and missing one with a neck injury. I love how he brought up receptions like that instantly brings credibility to your argument. Welker led the league in receptions last year, how many of yall have him in your Top 10? Niners spent a 1st round pick on a slot receiver. He's the black, underwhelming version of Wes Welker...except Welker is faster. And even with more receptions, DHB has more yards, the bigger plays, and more of a weapon. You see how DB's play him? 10 yard cushions. Add to the fact he's tough to bring down after making a catch...has Crabtree even broken an NFL tackle yet?
Obviously DHB was the rawer product out of school, but you'd be lying through your teeth if you'd take Crabtree over him present day.

Crab > Heyward

You said DHB has more yards. Crabtree has just about 1000 more career yards than DHB. What does DHB really bring to the table besides speed? Yeah he runs fast down the field, but still isnt a good route runner ( although he got better since his rookie year). DHB has had way more dropped passes. Crabtree is a possession receiver that keeps drives alive. He works the middle of the field better, stays making tough catches, and is the better blocker. DHB is a speedster that does nothing else consistently.

I didnt even bring up QBs or offensive systems.

Last edited:
Why would you bring up QB's when ours was Jamarcus Russell? That wouldn't aide your argument plehboi.

And as far as yardage, I meant last year....typically WR's breakout in their third year. And why would you draft a slot receiver in the 1st round?

Back
Top Bottom