Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

not teens but /thread
laugh.gif
I remember when that album dropped & I bought it for my cousin's 13th birthday. 
roll.gif
@ this being better than anything Lil Bow Wow or Soulja Boy came out with when they came on the scene.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

not teens but /thread
laugh.gif
I remember when that album dropped & I bought it for my cousin's 13th birthday. 
roll.gif
@ this being better than anything Lil Bow Wow or Soulja Boy came out with when they came on the scene.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

I think Shyheim is up there though. Unfortunately, I dont think folks were truly ready to witness a 14/15/16 y/o Gangster rapper. Dude was nice. He dropped Rugged child at 15!

Can't forget about Lil Gin. 

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

I think Shyheim is up there though. Unfortunately, I dont think folks were truly ready to witness a 14/15/16 y/o Gangster rapper. Dude was nice. He dropped Rugged child at 15!

Can't forget about Lil Gin. 

I believe Nas was 17 when he had this verse so he's better than that other dude even without Illmatic

I believe Nas was 17 when he had this verse so he's better than that other dude even without Illmatic

Im not sayin he's the illest teen rapper ever, but the fact that there's actually a thread and dudes are arguing about it says something...

Im not sayin he's the illest teen rapper ever, but the fact that there's actually a thread and dudes are arguing about it says something...

Originally Posted by TrappenAintDead

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

nobody defending Earl has made a valid point yet. just because there's a thread about this on a sneaker forum dosn't mean ANYTHING at all
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

nobody defending Earl has made a valid point yet. just because there's a thread about this on a sneaker forum dosn't mean ANYTHING at all
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by infam0usP

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
What valid point needs to be made? Is his lyrical ability not top notch? For anybody, let alone a 16 year old. And don't act like a JUST sneaker forum is the only place claims like this(maybe not to this extent) have been made. But I mean really it all comes down to opinion so....

Originally Posted by infam0usP

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
What valid point needs to be made? Is his lyrical ability not top notch? For anybody, let alone a 16 year old. And don't act like a JUST sneaker forum is the only place claims like this(maybe not to this extent) have been made. But I mean really it all comes down to opinion so....

It's been a while since a rapper has wowed me...a rapper in general, nevermind a kid's stuff from when he was 14-16...kid is a %%+*%@% beast. He'll be sick when he comes back from mommy daycare.

It's been a while since a rapper has wowed me...a rapper in general, nevermind a kid's stuff from when he was 14-16...kid is a %%+*%@% beast. He'll be sick when he comes back from mommy daycare.

Meh. Give it a few years and see if anyone besides the rebellious, suburban kids give two $#@%% about Earl and/or OF.

Is buddy skilled? Yup. Waaaaaaay overhyped? YUP. Same for OF...products of the internet hype machine.

All this crazy, psycho, horror, off-the-wall type %$$! usually doesn't last, and if it does it damn sure doesn't garner the same attention and acclaim as it did when it originated. Not saying Earl or OF can't have a lengthy careers, but the thing is that RIGHT NOW its the "in thing". Down the road nobody will care except a core fanbase.

In other words, when the internet decides to jump on the next bandwagon and NT hypes up the next best thing, we'll all look back at this thread and laugh at this question even being asked.

Meh. Give it a few years and see if anyone besides the rebellious, suburban kids give two $#@%% about Earl and/or OF.

Is buddy skilled? Yup. Waaaaaaay overhyped? YUP. Same for OF...products of the internet hype machine.

All this crazy, psycho, horror, off-the-wall type %$$! usually doesn't last, and if it does it damn sure doesn't garner the same attention and acclaim as it did when it originated. Not saying Earl or OF can't have a lengthy careers, but the thing is that RIGHT NOW its the "in thing". Down the road nobody will care except a core fanbase.

In other words, when the internet decides to jump on the next bandwagon and NT hypes up the next best thing, we'll all look back at this thread and laugh at this question even being asked.

It says that someone decided to make a thread

Originally Posted by soulize dp

But dude has wordplay and flow, though.

I'm saying.
laugh.gif

superblyTRIFE basically saw one Odd Future performance from Jimmy Fallon and is judging the entire collective. These kids know how to make music at the end of the day. You can't always attach 'hype' to everything that gets people's attention. Maybe it's being hyped because it's actually good? I mean, did we ever look at it that way?

It says that someone decided to make a thread

I'm saying.
laugh.gif

superblyTRIFE basically saw one Odd Future performance from Jimmy Fallon and is judging the entire collective. These kids know how to make music at the end of the day. You can't always attach 'hype' to everything that gets people's attention. Maybe it's being hyped because it's actually good? I mean, did we ever look at it that way?

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

I'm saying.
laugh.gif

Note where I said that Earl DOES have skills. And yes, I've listened to his album, watched some performances and yes, I did see the Fallon one too. And? Does that qualify me to have a valid opinion? Or should I have been at their SXSW shows too? OF as a whole are hyped, in my opinion. Is there talent there? Obviously. That Frank Ocean joint is ridiculous. But to be asking if Earl is the GOAT teen rapper? Can't see it boss...maybe that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom