Is Getting A Shapeup an "Unproffesional" Look?

I foresee this becoming a 'jacked up lineup' thread in the near future, which means I can't view this thread at work
laugh.gif
Son already had me rollinwith the "You'll never see Obama with a Brooklyn Fade"
roll.gif

Bookmark!

If you want to start a jacked up hairlines thread, my post from like 1 week ago when them Koreans did me dirty wins, or loses, however you want to think of it

older guys not really worried about "crisp" hairlines cause they usually balding by that point, so they just cut it low and keep it moving

most of the young p rofessional blacks stay with a neat lineup

long as you aint ODing with the beijing %+@* (I know it's spell a different way) then you good.

white people aint lookin at our hair that close anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yall think bald heads are unprofessional?
I don't see how anyone can call a bald head unprofessional.

What are they supposed to do if they naturally lost their hair?
laugh.gif

I need to start seeing pictures of what you dudes consider to be these "super crisp, unprofessional" shape ups. To me...a shape up is supposed to besharp. If you dudes are talking about that airbrushed Old school Steve Harvey looking %%*% then yes...that's not wavy. But a NORMAL line up is going to besharp. That picture of Diddy's Hairline is SHARP.

Tiger doesnt need a shapeup because he wears hats while he works.

Obama and jesse jackson's hairline have receded so they cant get that FRESH shape up.

No, as long as the sideburns are cut... it looks hood to grow it out and shape them up by having points on the end...

earlier in the campaign obama was rocking the shape up.
this is unrealted but im looking for a older cut. im tired of the Caesar and the tape up.

I dont mean to sound ignant but, I plan on having a fresh lineup my whole life. I feel like *!%! if my shape-up isnt looking nice

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

So what did you think about him Johnson? Well he has the credentials but did you see his hair he had a shape up. You're right, who's next.

laugh.gif

Strange, but I know exactly what you're referring to. It's almost like getting that fresh line is 'overdoing it' is certain situations. Ionce told myself that I was gonna ease up on the crispy lineups. I definitely noticed that Obama never shows up with a Ludacris shape up. You never seeDenzel's shape up looking like T-Macs.

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Can I get a photo example of a "young" haircut?

I put it in quotes b/c it's not definitive or concrete.

I explained already that when you cut into your natural hairline to create sharp edges that you damn well don't have naturally, that's "young".

Sure it looks tighter, but after a certain point in life (depending on your line of work, it's usually somewhere in the mid-late 20's) that hairstyle isn't taken seriously b/c it's associated with the teens/young adults who usually get it.

Ohhh.

I get it now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

obama%20thoughtful.jpg

Is it crisp? No. Is he getting shape ups? Yes.

thats not a shape up dude, its cleary grown out, and thats what I rock now, just grown out i quit that shape up thing, having a sharp crisp shapeup is cornynow

Some of y'all dudes are seriously sad.

Ephren-Taylor-CEO-City-Capitol.jpg

Ephren W. Taylor II is the youngest African-American CEO of apublicly-traded company in the United States @ 27. He has a line...he's justswagurless.

stanleyoneal.gif

Stanley O'Neal is almost 60...what y'all expect.

Y'all try to be old white men so hard its shameful.

Just go bleach your skin already...it'll look much more professional.

Sadly I know what you mean. I've noticed this to, but its usually only with dudes who seem as if they've lost their idenity anyways (if you know whati mean)

Personally i'm rockin my crisp shape up and waves until i'm bald and i can't rock it no more. F what anybody says.

And as far as Obama.....hell he's Obama he does what he wants
laugh.gif
. Orhe may just have sensitive skin and a super crisp line up would burn the hell outta him. I used to be like that when i was younger.

man +@%% Unprofressional.. ''Yo Barber let me get that #2 WTG and that mean shapeup'' I'm black but I have to say DominicanBarbers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shape ups look to ethnic
You ever thing you will see Obama with gators on or a suit with more then 3 buttons?
Doubt it.

Ever think we will see Michelle Obama with dreds or micro's?
Ha

You guys have to realize that the older guys are brushing their hair to the back, just like their white counterparts in corporate America.
When you brush your hair backwards, a line up is going to look alot less crisp than it would on the younger people that brush with the grain of their hair.
As long as you don't have sideburns, and creative interpretations shaved in your head, then you'll have no problems moving through corporate.

Back
Top Bottom