Is Ghostface a contender for being the GOAT?

I was going through his catalog today and realized how much he's done. Countless above average albums(BW being the exception though it wasn't bad IMO)and 2 classics (Ironman & Supreme Clientele). Lyrically he's always on point and his production is always hot, and if dudes want to start talking aboutswagger, don't even question Ghost's. Add in Wu albums and appearances and the fact he's on basically every damn song on Only Built 4 Cuban Linxand you have a very impressive resume. What do you say?

No. but NT old wishy washy *%$ a few years ago was acting AND SAYING this dude was top 5. I been saying he MIGHT be 10.

it'd be nice to get some explanations rather than simple "no"'s, as for my opinion I don't believe he's the goat but I wouldn'tget mad at someone that thought he was.

I wouldn't have a problem with anybody who considers Ghost as the GOAT. He's personally in my top 10 of all-time.

Originally Posted by zube42

I was going through his catalog today and realized how much he's done. Countless above average albums(BW being the exception though it wasn't bad IMO) and 2 3 classics (Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and Fishscale). Lyrically he's always on point and his production is always hot, and if dudes want to start talking about swagger, don't even question Ghost's. Add in Wu albums and appearances and the fact he's on basically every damn song on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and you have a very impressive resume. What do you say?
Fixed and Ghostface is top 3. The man has never dropped an album less than 3.5/5 and that includes BPW. Who can say that except Hov.

**Starts playing Strawberry**

it'd be nice to get some explanations rather than simple "no"'s
For one.... 85% of his lyrics don't make sense....
laugh.gif

Hell no.

I love ghostface and the wu-tang clan in general, have all his material, and consider myself a big fan... but no.

There is no way ghostface is up there with dudes like Kool G, Big L, Pun, Biggie.. even NaS for example.

Like dude said, I'll take GZA over him even.

^You say hell no then say L, G and Pun>Ghost?

Nope.

All around Ghost is better than them and has made better music.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

No. but NT old wishy washy *%$ a few years ago was acting AND SAYING this dude was top 5. I been saying he MIGHT be 10.
Top 10 is a stretch to me. I just don't see what some see in him I guess.

Oh no not the stone faces!!!!! Have you not realized that you are the one single person that agrees with anything you say? You really think L is up there withhis 1 dope cd and a collection of freestyles? Same deal with Pun. G hasn't been relevant since 4,5,6. Ghost has been going strong for 16 years with waymore quality material.

Oh no not the stone faces!!!!! Have you not realized that you are the one single person that agrees with anything you say? You really think L is up there with his 1 dope cd and a collection of freestyles? Same deal with Pun. G hasn't been relevant since 4,5,6. Ghost has been going strong for 16 years with way more quality material.

Yes. Why did you leave Biggie out if we are talking about L's lack of material ?

Ghostface is top 25-30. Top 50 if we count underground.

^Because BIG had 2 excellent albums, not 1 above average one.
Top 50 including underground? What you got Vinnie Paz and Outerspace over him??
You've made yourself the laughingstock of the music forum.

What
laugh.gif

Big L had 2 excellent albums. Lifestylez > anything biggie has ever done.

There's a lot more to underground than Paz, Planetary and Warchild.. but give Paz is obviously far better than ghostface. Give Planetary and Warchild sometime to drop a couple more albums and solidify themselves and I'll take 'em above ghostface easily.

You seriously think ghost step into a cypher with Pun, G Rap, L and not get eaten alive ? Or compare with Vinnie at his prime lyrically ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom