Is it ever OK to leave a baby in the car?

I was in the Whole Foods parking lot today letting a song finish up before I went in for some salad and a lady parked next to me. We both got out at the same time and I noticed she was walking very fast into the store.

I got my salad and donuts and when I got back into my car I noticed there was a baby seat in the lady's truck. I couldn't really see a baby in there but it might've explained why she was in such a hurry. Should I have peeked into her truck? What if there was a baby in there? Would I be out of my element for notifying security?

Is there an instance where it's okay to leave a baby in the car?

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

HORRIBLE parent. Absolutely horrible and there is NO excuse for doing that. I would have notified customer service or the manager at WF. That's inexcusable.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

HORRIBLE parent. Absolutely horrible and there is NO excuse for doing that. I would have notified customer service or the manager at WF. That's inexcusable.
So what if she does everything else right and noble. This incident makes her a horrible parent? Don't be so quick to judge dog killer.

She's a horrible parent cause you're not supposed to leave babies unattended 
grin.gif

If there was indeed a baby you should've called the police. I've called before after I saw people leave their pets in their car during mid summer in SoCal and I wouldn't hesitate to call the police, security, etc. if there was a baby.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So what if she does everything else right and noble. This incident makes her a horrible parent? Don't be so quick to judge dog killer.
Yes it does.  I'm sorry, but there is no justification for leaving your baby in the car while running into Whole Foods. 

what if the kids asleep

and you park in front of your house and hang out on the stoop? you don't wanna wake the kid cause its sleeping but your outside with the windows down?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

what if the kids asleep

and you park in front of your house and hang out on the stoop? you don't wanna wake the kid cause its sleeping but your outside with the windows down?

30t6p3b.gif

You take your %** home and put the baby in the bed. You got kids, ain't no more hangin on the stoop.

Maybe if its run into the gas station or Cumbys type status...only if you can see the locked car the entire time... that's bout it...

What if it is a humid 95 outside, but the windows are down and the car engine is left on with the AC on full blast. However, the sunroof is open and the sun is shining directly onto the baby who is seated right in the center. The parent is safely watching over the kid from inside the store (assuming the parent parked in the parking spot that is in front of said store). Unbeknownst to the parent, a group of teens is walking down the parking lot stuffing the exhaust pipes with a potato to the right and while a suspicious man wearing a hooded sweatshirt, short-shorts, one sandal and one pair of chucks and brandishing a titanium crowbar, is looking inside the windows of the cars and attempting to open the driver side doors is coming from the left. The teens and the suspicious man do not realize that an officer is walking down the sidewalk and is quickly approaching the parent's car but the officer is holding a coffee and a donut with his hands. Off in the distance, a meteor the size of Ohio is fast approaching and is destined for imminent impact within the next hour. What the meteor doesn't know though is that the US government has already launched a nuclear missile designed to destroy the meteor. However, North Korea has launched their defensive missiles as they had believed that the US was planning on attacking them. A mile away, in the Indian burial ground, a hand rises from the sacred land as the undead began to rise. As the undead rise, the dog wakes up from his deep slumber and is at first slightly frightened by his hypothetical dream only to become excited as he sees a cat running in his backyard.

In this scenario, yes, the parent is a terrible parent and should lose their child.

Hate to steer the thread direction a bit, but if you saw a pet (most likely a dog) in the car with the windows up, would you notify authorities?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

She's a horrible parent cause you're not supposed to leave babies unattended 
grin.gif

If there was indeed a baby you should've called the police. I've called before after I saw people leave their pets in their car during mid summer in SoCal and I wouldn't hesitate to call the police, security, etc. if there was a baby.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Maybe the baby was dyin and she was runnin to get whatever it needed and didn't have time to grab it?

Back
Top Bottom