Is it just me or

Shoes are becoming impossible to cop. It honestly seems like before the Concord XI mishap, shoes were MUCH easier to cop. Hell, on black Friday I walked into a popular mall right when they opened and copped the black cement 3s. Now you have to line up HOURS before and they barely have any shoes. Yes, I am a little butt hurt because it seems like all these hype beasts are ruining this for real sneaker heads.

If anyone has a connect in Chicago I would highly appreciate it, I just want shoes... lol

/rant

You not the only one... I feel the same way... The only thing I been able to cop was chi Xs cause dudes were broke right after concords... Now its like if you not camping for days or got a connect, you can forget about it... I too copped blk cement IIIs with ease... I worked all day black Friday. Just so happen to walk into a Footlocker and the display was my size and last pair lol... It's more of a hassle than fun anymore, can't believe ppl are wasting days of their lives for shoes. Hours is ok, but days and weeks is just outrageous...

I feel u bro,i copped bc 3's a week later @ this 1 spot but i think its also to the point that jb releases less pairs..the wc4's only had like 15 pairs @ footlocker smh

We all feeling it bro.

No matter what release it is, it will be almost impossible to cop unless you camp or get to the store 3+ hours before release.

Next big release will be the Foams next month, and then the Playoff 12s in April.

Personally, I think I wanna get those Stealth 10's next month.

They growing on me.

grin.gif

they should just make a substantial price adjustment. actual demand isnt this serious so just bite the bullet and put a huge dent in potential secondary profit.

So true^^^^...Money hungry kids, and hypebeasts are effin' everyone else over grabing 4+ pairs...Couldn't grab a pair of the WC IV's to save my life.

Its pissing me off honestly, its like at the point where I just want to give up. When I went to go cop the IV's, I went there at 7 thinking I was all early and *%@+. I line up at champs because I see no one there, lady tells me they sold out.... %$$? They open @ 9am. I go to Finishline and I'm like 30th in line, I ask the security guy when the other stores sold out and he tells me we had people here since 4am. WHAT THE %#$$??? Jordan Brand should honestly do something, its ruining the fun. I'm seriously starting to hate these shoes now.

EDIT: I forgot to add, the FinishLine only had 9 pairs, some sizes were missing. How the @+$% does a retail store have missing sizes on release day? Then of course some guy in front of me cops the last pair, which was size 13 (my size). This guy was like 5' and had like a size 8 shoe, what the hell...

Originally Posted by Goofy

So true^^^^...Money hungry kids, and hypebeasts are effin' everyone else over grabing 4+ pairs...Couldn't grab a pair of the WC IV's to save my life.

You're absolutely right, I see these !+$%%!@% copping multiples. Its like why? Just cop one for yourself to wear and move on, let another sneaker head enjoy. Everyone is doing this just to make a penny, work some OT...

Nah man this @#+@ is getting out of hand.
I remember when I was in highschool (02-06), camping meant waking up early on a saturday morning around 7-8am and waiting until 9am for the mall to open.

Now $###%% are outside for a damn week, starting riots, and losing lives over this @#+@ man.

Reselling wasn't an occupation back then.

%+%@ resellers and %+%@ all these internet "sneaker blogs" hyping EVERY release.

All I need is 4 more pairs of Air Jordans and I'll be done with this damn hobby. I just want my favorite pairs of Airs and I'm almost there.

We need to have a NT Oregon summit at the Nike Headquarters.

Shoulders need to be clapped for this blatant disrespect from Nike.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Nah man this @#+@ is getting out of hand.
I remember when I was in highschool (02-06), camping meant waking up early on a saturday morning around 7-8am and waiting until 9am for the mall to open.

Now $###%% are outside for a damn week, starting riots, and losing lives over this @#+@ man.

Reselling wasn't an occupation back then.

%+%@ resellers and %+%@ all these internet "sneaker blogs" hyping EVERY release.

All I need is 4 more pairs of Air Jordans and I'll be done with this damn hobby. I just want my favorite pairs of Airs and I'm almost there.
I agree 100%. Just have 3 more pairs of Jordans and I'm done. I waited in line along with 400+ people for the Cloak Kobes that happen to release the same day as the WC IV's. Most of the people who struck out on the IV's bought the Kobes to resell them, and I was SOL with the shoes I want to buy for myself and rock them to play ball in.

I don't know about where ya'll are from, but here in L.A. all the Nike stores are switching to online registration to avoid people lining up. I seriously lucked out with NDC and copping a pair of ASG/Galaxy Kobes that I intend to either wear or trade straight up for the Cloaks.

I currently have 1 pair of my favorite Jordans of all time: Concord XI, Bred XI, Infred VI, black cement III. Trying to find decently priced white/fire red V, flint XIII, white/navy IX lows, and maybe Bordeaux and I'm out.

Yeah it's getting disheartening that I can't show up to the mall a couple hours early and walk out with my shoes if Nike or Jordan wants to make these releases so hyped then they should at the very least make a pre order system like eastbay in the early 2000's I never missed out on a release back then and the associates would always let me know of releases months in advance for whatever reason eastbay stopped taking pre orders and I haven't used them since

I miss Eastbay's "backorder" system. I never missed a release. Nike and/or Eastbay needs to re-evaluate this new world order of hyped releases. Go back to a simpler way. Pre-order!!

It's getting way too hard to cop general release shoes, smdh. I remember when you could cop j's with 50% off employee discount on release day from footlocker/champs/footaction (i've never been an employee btw). No lines, no hassles.

Originally Posted by jbizzle

Shoes are becoming impossible to cop. It honestly seems like before the Concord XI mishap, shoes were MUCH easier to cop. Hell, on black Friday I walked into a popular mall right when they opened and copped the black cement 3s. Now you have to line up HOURS  before and they barely have any shoes. Yes, I am a little butt hurt because it seems like all these hype beasts are ruining this for real sneaker heads. 

If anyone has a connect in Chicago I would highly appreciate it, I just want shoes... lol

/rant

DAYS but soon that will become MONTHS

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

The Concords definitely caused all of this.

This is def true. I also walked in a day after the BC 3 came out and copped a pair no problem... Since the 11's came out EVERY retro has instantly sold out. When the blue 10's sold out... I knew somethin was up for sure. It's also been holiday/tax season. I think it will die down a bit by the summer.

I'm still getting all the shoes that I want, but I will say that it is getting a little tougher to purchase them.

For the Space Jams I got to the first mall at 6 am and no one was there, in fact I drove to the other mall 15 minutes away and they had the doors locked so I came back and I still first in line. By 7 there were 3 people and by the time the store opened at 8 there were about 15 people. I was super happy cause it is my favorite AJ model!

Skipped on the Cool Greys (not appealing to me) and now I'm trying to get the Concords. I decided that getting to the mall at 7 this time and there are 40+ people
sick.gif

I had to run all the way to my Nordstroms as the 25th person in line. Fortunately no one ahead of me was a 13 so I got them.

I'm still convinced that this is a phase, and the hype will die down soon, especially when JB over-saturates the market.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

The Concords definitely caused all of this.

This is def true. I also walked in a day after the BC 3 came out and copped a pair no problem... Since the 11's came out EVERY retro has instantly sold out. When the blue 10's sold out... I knew somethin was up for sure. It's also been holiday/tax season. I think it will die down a bit by the summer.
I knew people had lost their minds when those horrible "bordeaux" spizikes sold out online 
laugh.gif

But that's the thing, JB will produce their set amount of 200-500K(GR). The only difference is the amount of "New" sneaker collectors that join every year. It's just like driving. How many new provisional licenses are given out in a year? Every year someone new is a collector. I see the downward spiral of "easy cop" releases.

Concords just took it to another level. IMO things really started to go downhill with the Space Jam 09 release. "Oh snap! Lil Jeezy and Weezy wearin' dem! GIMME SOME!"

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Concords just took it to another level. IMO things really started to go downhill with the Space Jam 09 release. "Oh snap! Lil Jeezy and Weezy wearin' dem! GIMME SOME!"

Exactly. This ain't start with the concords. It just hit its peak with the concords. 
The Jams started it all. 

Back
Top Bottom