Is it just me or

Originally Posted by PRIME

We need to have a NT Oregon summit at the Nike Headquarters.

Shoulders need to be clapped for this blatant disrespect from Nike.

roll.gif
If Gentry will be there....I'm all in

I remember back when you could walk into a Footlocker or Nordstroms and Jordans were on the shelf....If you had enough money or actually liked the shoe you could get 'em. I have a passion for these shoes but its sad that people have gone mad over these last releases. I guess Im ok with not being able to cop the XI's and WC4's because Im not paying resellers prices 

how do you think this all would have went down before the whole economic dilemma? for one i believe there would not be mass hysteria, mass hype, mass frenzy. people are manipulating the sneaker hobby to their advantage by investing their money into a popular product and expect a big return. there is practically no risk to buy these (when we factor out crazy people who put your life at risk) and the reward of selling them are generally safe. maybe you wont make much profit on reselling certain sneakers however reselling either seems to appeal to people who cant get a decent job or those who feel a little greedy since they are not content with the money they already are making. Are you kidding me retail employees? cmon part time maybe you are making 110 a week, full time more than 400 maybe after taxes (in ny). And then they have the nerve to resell the exact pairs that consumers are waiting to buy? they are holding it for someone else or simply reselling. thats what happening to people during this rough economy.

im pretty positive that this whole scenario is due to the economic recession. instead of saving money people are dropping lots of cash into investment products and choose to resell them so that they have some "income" in their hands. The funny thing is this is legal because our economic system of capitalism promotes producing unlimited capital and of course unlimited profit. This is part of the equation that is GREED.

Originally Posted by jbizzle

Its pissing me off honestly, its like at the point where I just want to give up. When I went to go cop the IV's, I went there at 7 thinking I was all early and *%@+. I line up at champs because I see no one there, lady tells me they sold out.... %$$? They open @ 9am. I go to Finishline and I'm like 30th in line, I ask the security guy when the other stores sold out and he tells me we had people here since 4am. WHAT THE %#$$??? Jordan Brand should honestly do something, its ruining the fun. I'm seriously starting to hate these shoes now.

EDIT: I forgot to add, the FinishLine only had 9 pairs, some sizes were missing. How the @+$% does a retail store have missing sizes on release day? Then of course some guy in front of me cops the last pair, which was size 13 (my size). This guy was like 5' and had like a size 8 shoe, what the hell...
i agree with you on all points, and most all of that same bs has happened to me.  havent bought any jordans since the xx3 or fire red iii, its been so long i dont even remember which.  dont plan on buying any until black friday and as bad as the resellers are, it may not even happen then.  there is absolutely no fun involved anymore, rather resentment.  but they obviously dont miss my business.

i think i know what part of the problem is.

people that grew up in the 90's buying jordans never got out of that stage. i mean, when jordans first came out there werent many 30+ year old people purchasing them. now youve got teenagers and 20 year old that are wanting to get certain models for the first times AND youve got the people that bought the original versions lining up to buy the retros. thats double the number (at least) of people wanting to all get the same shoes. so of course theres going to be long lines and what seems to be a shortage of supply.

i think if some of the older heads let the jordan go of the jordan hype then there would be enough shoes for everyone else.

of course resellers and shady employees are a factor to, but im always surpised to see how many people are complaing about the younger people that want the same shoes that THEY wanted when they were younger.

as far as the "but i remember when jordan was playing" argument, i think its pretty lame because we all know that the shoes dont actually make you play basketball like jordan.

so maybe its time for some of the older people to grow out of the hype and let the younger generation have there moment to shine.

-gets ready for the flames-

Originally Posted by southwestern

people that grew up in the 90's buying jordans never got out of that stage. i mean, when jordans first came out there werent many 30+ year old people purchasing them. now youve got teenagers and 20 year old that are wanting to get certain models for the first times AND youve got the people that bought the original versions lining up to buy the retros. thats double the number (at least) of people wanting to all get the same shoes. so of course theres going to be long lines and what seems to be a shortage of supply.

i think if some of the older heads let the jordan go of the jordan hype then there would be enough shoes for everyone else.

of course resellers and shady employees are a factor to, but im always surpised to see how many people are complaing about the younger people that want the same shoes that THEY wanted when they were younger.

as far as the "but i remember when jordan was playing" argument, i think its pretty lame because we all know that the shoes dont actually make you play basketball like jordan.

so maybe its time for some of the older people to grow out of the hype and let the younger generation have there moment to shine.

us old dudes are mostly just in it for nostalgia, and now have a lot of disposable income to get the sneakers we wanted so badly but couldnt afford.

to be fair, the problem isnt with old folks or young folks who just pick up a couple pairs and go home happy.  there IS NOT a real supply or demand problem.  nike turns out plenty of product to satisfy everyone.  the problems are the douchebags who have no interest at all but reselling, and the douchebags who cant afford their pair without flipping a half dozen pairs to cover their cost.  demand is highly inflated artificially because normal consumers have to try to compete with bums.  you cant compete with people whose time has no value and can wait in a line outside for twelve hours to a week+.

i hear you. resellers are a definate problem.

i just get tired of hearing people say that the younger crowd is part of the problem, when those people were getting jordans when they were YOUNGER.

makes me think about the shoes that older people were wearing when the shoes originally released, and it was only a small percentage that were wearing jordans. so now im thinking that maybe some of these older "heads" should "grow up" and let the young mentality of  "i need this Jordan" go .

btw I grew up in New Orleans, not some ringy-dink country town.

I think one of the main reasons is the decline in the amount of North American sellers on ebay. Prior to the ebay changes, most shoes were put on ebay, and end up selling at retail, give or take a few bucks. Now I don't know if the ebay policy change is the sole reason for the decrease in amount of sellers, perhaps Nike simply became more selective in which shops receive shipment.

so us older heads who actually grew up on Jordan and his sneakers should stop buying sneakers that actually have nostalgic value
roll.gif

I can't believe you hit post after typing this

Sneaker collecting has gone mainstream bros. Every Tom, ****, Harry and their mommas are buying these shoes - for all the wrong reasons.

You guys remember the 'Tickle Me Elmo' nonsense from a few years back where randoms were grabbing multiples of those whack toys to flip for 200% to 300% higher than original price? Well those guys have moved onto the latest thing - sneakers.

This is all Nike!! Look at how convenient it is they do a restock of concord's for all star weekend , and cement 4!! While they canceled online orders and said sorry here's a $50 dollar gift card ,SMH!! We need to do something about this as a group , we built Nike jordan brand , we need to let them know where not going to take it

Kind of seems this is the trend every year around tax check time. It should slow down a bit after those checks are gone, then pickup slightly around back to school time, then pickup again during the holidays.

OR ... how about you leave the J's to the old heads who grew up with Jordan and you young bucks take Lebron .... you can have him and his kicks.  

I have found myself missing the fusion line lately, it seem when fusions were dropping all the cool kids didnt care about retros. No it seems like, Gentrys master plan has worked, all of the kicks that were fusions are being released

and now the fusion heads are a lil older and now they want the retros that the fusions were based on. Thats my lil take on this current madness, i dont see it getting better anytime soon

I think I can sum it up perfectly.its the price the consumer is willing to pay. We've seen $220 sneakers selling for $1300+ its simple math if you can quadruple you're money why not.obviously this day in age everyone can use the extra bread. I don't understand how people can spend that much on common sneakers. The 2nd half of this is that if average folks can get the same shoe for retail, then allot of people want the same thing as the people spending the big bucks i.e. athletes, entertainers and famous sneakers.
I think the while limited thing is definitely getting out of hand for the consumer but on nikes part their loving it.

im 32. not really a young buck.

i really dont think anyone should have to give up anything but i dont see any younger dudes hating on older people still buying j's after all of these years; its always the older cats saying that the younger ones should leave the j's to the ones that grew up watching him play. just hating on the fact that the teens are able to camp for the shoes that they want. if someones getting mad at a younger dude for getting the shoe he wants then maybe that older person should look at themselves for a second.

if youre a older person saying that younger heads shouldnt be buying up the shoes you want, just think about how you felt about things when you were a teen.
youd probably be saying that the old folks need to hang up the jordans and buy some nice loafers or something. 

Space Jams started it but after its release everything wasn't selling out in minutes everywhere . The concords hype along with the ,mainstream coverage have taken the shoe gm to unseen levels of insanity . The other components social media . Now to cop any Jordan you have to know somebody or be willing to stand in lines ads in advance to get any retro Jordan . With so much heat yet to drop this year this won't be changing anytime soon.

i always try to grab 2 pairs..one to wear one to keep on ice for future engagements(always nice to have a DS pair for later snappin necks 5 years later is my specialty) .... i didnt get the concords, but every release since then has been a breeze NDC never fails me.... if i dont get my pair or i do regardless i go to the mall at 9am back of line always get a size 13... all these hyepbeast all have 8.5-12 it seems
nerd.gif

Plus its always nice to have a friend that youve known your whole life as footlocker manager.. 
pimp.gif

That was the stupidest thing I've read so far in this thread. 

Originally Posted by jamazing

indifferent.gif

Not sure if srs...????

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by jamazing

indifferent.gif

Not sure if srs...????

Ha nah dude he was serious. That's why it was stupid lol. 

I'm blaming eBay. A lot of these people just get the shoe and it's listed on eBay immediately. Some don't even wait until they have the shoe. Posting order confirmations on eBay. Easy fix to this problem: Stop buying the shoes off ebay. If these people get stuck with the shoes after all the hype dies then they will drop their prices. That's just my opinion. Better still don't buy them at all. In a year or two these shoes will be very affordable or stuck on some consignment store gathering dust because of it's sky high price.

it just sucks cause the people who actually want em can't get em so they have to pay rape prices and satisfy the resellers

Back
Top Bottom