IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

well isn't this thread awkward? lol

Kobe is like what 35? and still dropping 47 points on your head

Kobe is overrated man. Smh i was expecting him to drop 60 against these young cat. He only scored 47 :smh:

Overrated :D

Last edited:
Not only is Kobe overrated, he should be beheaded for emulating himself after our god, Michael Jordan.
Down with Kobe Bean Bryant! Send him to the guillotine!!!

Drops 47 points...........and just barely has his team currently in the playoffs at the BOTTOM of the barrel with the 8th seed.  Not to mention he is going to have to fight for dear life the rest of the games just so he and his team can be in the playoffs.  That's say alot. 

Like Kobe said "We win rings in Los Angeles and if you nice, will let you polish one".. 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Kobe is overrated man. Smh i was expecting him to drop 60 against these young cat. He only scored 47
mean.gif

Overrated
happy.gif
No.

Because... as mentrioned a couple dozen times already... the term is in regards to his placement OVERALL, his OVERALL career, his ranking OVERALL.

OVERALL

I'm sure Hitler did a few nice things every now and then, and I'm sure Mother Teresa had a few bad days mixed in all her charitbale ones. But OVERALL, Hitler was not nice, and Mother Teresa was not mean.

OVERALL.

*waits for comments about comparing Kobe to Hitler* Just... don't.

Drops 47 points...........and just barely has his team currently in the playoffs at the BOTTOM of the barrel with the 8th seed.  Not to mention he is going to have to fight for dear life the rest of the games just so he and his team can be in the playoffs.  That's say alot. 

deuce you hatin man

Kobe is overrated man. Smh i was expecting him to drop 60 against these young cat. He only scored 47 :smh:

Overrated :D
No.

Because... as mentrioned a couple dozen times already... the term is in regards to his placement OVERALL, his OVERALL career, his ranking OVERALL.

OVERALL

I'm sure Hitler did a few nice things every now and then, and I'm sure Mother Teresa had a few bad days mixed in all her charitbale ones. But OVERALL, Hitler was not nice, and Mother Teresa was not mean.

OVERALL.

sarcasam

deuce you hatin man
Far from it champ.  Please tell me how anything I said is me "hatin"??  Everything I said was and more importantly is 100% truth.  There's a difference between "hatin" and telling the truth. 

47 on a team that started 4 rookies....
OVERALL

If your post is not contributing to the thread's purpose, don't post it.

If you've already posted your opinion ad nauseum and the only thing you have to offer is repetition, don't post.

This isn't the Kobe Bryant Hatred thread.

Posting after every game about whether or not he's overrated is extremely short-sighted.

good game/couple games: "Overrated huh? Clowns."

bad game/couple games: "Yes, overrated. Clowns."

Stop it. Build an argument, reply to an argument, or let the thread go on w/o your input.

Last edited:
^ you obviously a hater bro you cant drop 47 on a middle school team
laugh.gif
But the thread isn't about whether or not quik can drop 47 on a middle school team. Thread isn't about quik at all.

So there's that.

If your reply to someon's opinion is to reply about them, you have an extremely weak argument; shows you have no idea how to refute/argue whatever they said.

This isn't politics; don't respond about the person saying whatever it was you disagree with. Respond about what they said.

Kobe is overrated man. Smh i was expecting him to drop 60 against these young cat. He only scored 47
mean.gif

Overrated
happy.gif
No.

OVERALL

OVERALL.

to be fair, the one game does add to his OVERALL resume. 

just like having a bad game also adds to his OVERALL resume

Last edited:
Alright, I'll play along.

So you mean to tell me that after a bad game or bad couple games, you would have NO response/rebuttal to someone saying "
laugh.gif
Yes, OVERRATED"? You would just shrug and go "To be fair, these last couple games did contribute to his overall resume, so I'll just not respond, because it's a fair point... to be fair,"?

I'm not buying it.

Whoever would point out those games, you would most likely respond about his overall resume. "Sure, but these last 2 or 3 games don't take away his _________ (insert career accomplishment here)."

No?

Last edited:

deuce you hatin man
Far from it champ.  Please tell me how anything I said is me "hatin"??  Everything I said was and more importantly is 100% truth.  There's a difference between "hatin" and telling the truth. 
His team is injury riddled and boasts the worst bench in the NBA.  "'He' is going to have to fight for dear life the rest of the season."

"That's say alot."

Yeah.  Sums this thread up.

Last edited:
47 on a team that started 4 rookies....
OVERALL

If your post is not contributing to the thread's purpose, don't post it.

If you've already posted your opinion ad nauseum and the only thing you have to offer is repetition, don't post.

This isn't the Kobe Bryant Hatred thread.

Posting after every game about whether or not he's overrated is extremely short-sighted.

good game/couple games: "Overrated huh? Clowns."

bad game/couple games: "Yes, overrated. Clowns."

Stop it. Build an argument, reply to an argument, or let the thread go on w/o your input.
Repped.

I still think you're HPV trolling on the low though.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't have commented on the particular game had it not been for stans coming in to glorify their god.

I was more so adding to Deuce King's points

And for the last time. This is my only screen name. You can ask method man to check if you want.

And to add to your other point, people have a personal vendetta against me cause i don't like their team or kobe. Coming at me with personal attacks and such. It's not that serious. NBA is entertainment, not religion.

Y'all gonna beef with me cause you like pepsi and I like coke?

Last edited:
I wouldn't have commented on the particular game had it not been for stans coming in to glorify their god.

?

Look who started the thread up again?

*hint* it wasn't Kobe fans

So that point isn't valid.

Do you want to talk about Kobe's rings again?

Then you'll encounter with what about his one MVP award?

Then I'll say what about Kobe finishing in the top 5 for voting for like 10 years

Then you'll say what we're giving awards out for that?

Then I'll encounter about the All defensive teams then somebody will say its phantom

But the same people who vote for the MVP award vote for the All Defensive Team awards

Alright, I'll play along.

So you mean to tell me that after a bad game or bad couple games, you would have NO response/rebuttal to someone saying "
laugh.gif
Yes, OVERRATED"? You would just shrug and go "To be fair, these last couple games did contribute to his overall resume, so I'll just not respond, because it's a fair point... to be fair,"?

I'm not buying it.

Whoever would point out those games, you would most likely respond about his overall resume. "Sure, but these last 2 or 3 games don't take away his _________ (insert career accomplishment here)."

No?
first off, yes i agree that "WOW THIS SCRUB SHOT 1-21 FROM 3 IN HIS PAST 5 GAMES, OVERRATED" is a bad argument and doesnt need to be in this thread, and i also agree that the acb quote that started all this is the wrong way to go about proving that kobe is not overrated. however, i do think that we can use a recent string of bad/good games to support our argument when we give them context or incorporate them into our past arguments. for example if i had previously posted an argument in this thread about how kobe is a great teammate and does whatever he can to win, it would be okay for me to use these past games and say "kobe playing every minute of every game is an example of how he will do whatever he can to win" and other people can quote me and say how they disagree and we can have a good debate.

i get what you are trying to say but i just think that it would be better to tell people how to use a small sample of games to add to the conversation rather than just saying no, you cant do this. if you post kobes statline after a game and say either "overrated" or "not overrated" then yes it doesnt add to the conversation and shouldnt be in this thread, but if you post his statline in a post about how this statline supports and adds to your argument on why he is or is not overrated as a whole, then that adds to the conversation.

so i guess what im saying is, it shouldnt be "dont do this" it should be "do it the right way"

just my opinion though 

^ Actually, well said.

It's not always so much about what a person is saying as much as hoiw they're saying it.

Mentioning the performance of a small sample of games and acting like that defines everything for the player... the end... is nowhere close to the same as building upon a previously stated argument about being clutch/unclutch (for example) and using that small sample to strengthn that point.

*considering changing the title to "Is Kobe Overrated? Also: how to be taken seriously in a debate"
laugh.gif

^ Actually, well said.

It's not always so much about what a person is saying as much as hoiw they're saying it.

Mentioning the performance of a small sample of games and acting like that defines everything for the player... the end... is nowhere close to the same as building upon a previously stated argument about being clutch/unclutch (for example) and using that small sample to strengthn that point.

*considering changing the title to "Is Kobe Overrated? Also: how to be taken seriously in a debate"
laugh.gif
agreed, for someone to do that they would have to be Linsane

sorry had to be done

Back
Top Bottom