IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

I wouldn't have commented on the particular game had it not been for stans coming in to glorify their god.

I was more so adding to Deuce King's points

And for the last time. This is my only screen name. You can ask method man to check if you want.

And to add to your other point, people have a personal vendetta against me cause i don't like their team or kobe. Coming at me with personal attacks and such. It's not that serious. NBA is entertainment, not religion.

Y'all gonna beef with me cause you like pepsi and I like coke?
No. They're beefing w/ you because the way you post is annoying.

If you don't get why. I'm not going to spell it out for you. I've already slowly started issuing warnings to people in the thread as well as singling people out.

How crazy would it be to get banned from the thread you probably enjoy the most in the entire S&T forum?

No, it's not because you like Coke. I like Coke. "Yeah, but you're a mod. You can do whatever you want." SneakerPro and Deuce like Coke as well.

Sure, you can tell in some of the replies that Pepsi fans are frustrtaed by the fact that we like Coke, but I guarantee you they're not annoyed by our preference; they just don't agree w/ it.

Having a preference isn't annoying, and it's too easy of a copout to be annoying and hide behind the reasoning "Oh, so just because I'm different, y'all got a problem?"

I like Mountain Dew. :wow:

Been drinkin that stuff for too long. Get headaches if I don't have some by midday. :smh:

Have an analogy for ya'll for overrated. It's all imaginary anyways, cuz nobody actually has a list in their head that runs daily. I doubt if I asked everyone to give me their top 10, they could do it off the cuff without so much as a fact check, name forgotten, meant this, oops that, etc. There's no website that says, HERE, here is your list 1-4,628 players all time. It's not like that.

So when you say, where does Kobe rank? It's all relative. Be it 5, 8, 14, it's the same vicinity (in theory) If someone says he's not #7 God damn it, no, he's not, ok, where is he......and that person says he's 12, what the hell we doin here? :lol:

Speed limit is 55. I drive 57, get pulled over? Technically, letter of the law, I was in fact SPEEDING. Think a judge comes after me? My odds of getting that case thrown out are decent, yes?
What about 58?
63? Start gettin a little more dangerous huh? Judge may take that one.
70? Probably a solid 100% ticket.

Problem is, I been pulled over before. 73 in a 55. Cop said just stay closer to 70, it is a freeway, they try to be lenient, just don't push it. :pimp: You got it officer, have a nice day.

57, 58, 63, 73. All speeding. All past the letter of the law, but how one interprets the law varies.

Kill someone, go to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
Pick up my gun, has my bullet in it, shoot someone in the chest, they die. Self defense. Don't go to jail, case is closed, presumed innocent. Judge/jury agree, person was threatening my life, or my family, I protected, was not murder.
What if that man was unarmed tho? :nerd:

All how one interprets that law. Those loopholes.

Saying Kobe is great, but he's overrated, does not make sense. He's one of the 5-10-15 best players of all time. His resume is top 5-10 worthy. He has a check mark next to every standard you need to fulfill to be considered a top all time great. So while someone may say that he's not as great as thee greatest, MJ, or better than Russell, or Wilt, whomever, he gets to hang out at their party. Even if he's last thru the door, bottom line, he walks IN, THAT, DOOR. Karl Malone does not. Charles Barkley does not. They have great numbers. Won MVP's. Played long careers. But there were checked boxes they did not fill. Not just a title, Chuck never made an all defensive team. Karl at least did do that. Neither was ever a FMVP. And of course, neither won a title. They too, played with great players in their career's. Karl played with another top 30 all time NBA player his whole career. Charles played with a few greats, not all in their primes when he was, and he did come close to the ultimate prize, and for that, he's a top 20 player all time imo. He's close to the party. But he can't get in.

Bottom line, if yhou can attend that party, the one with the complete resume. Checked box at every level. The stats, the accolades, the skillsets, the dedication, the respect from those that played before you, with you, against you, and after you. If you can attend that party, even as the last one thru the door. How can you be overrated, when their is no real list that definitively places you on a board?

I've tried some of their extension drinks, in the end I just go back to regular. I go thru about 2-3 2 liters a week + 20 oz bottles at work everyday. Literally my only vice. Don't drink coffee, don't smoke, don't drink much alcohol, no drugs ever, just Dew.

On a serious note though, Dudes comin in here after one great game buttering up Kobe are no different than the ones that come in here after a bad game calling him over rated. Yet this trend keeps occurring.

On a serious note though, Dudes comin in here after one great game buttering up Kobe are no different than the ones that come in here after a bad game calling him over rated. Yet this trend keeps occurring.

Well yeah if you eliminated talk about current happenings this thread would be done pretty quick same as every other overrated thread

But since Kobe is such a great current player, that's unlikely

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys keep saying you're responding to the people "slurping" kobe or "buttering him up."

When this was the first post made in the thread in 2 days:
He has his moments
grin.gif
Made after the 47 point game last night.

^ You overlooked the next guy that came in using his 47 point performance as the sole reason hes Not overrated, and then the next one.

"Hes 34 and dropped 47 points. Overrated... Never"

Hell, I've seen dudes in the Lakers thread take just one nice play from Kobe and then laugh@ the possibility that hes over rated.

Yall call dudes trolls when they come in here after a bad game, calling him overrated. Is there not a flip side to that coin?

^ You overlooked the next guy that came in using his 47 point performance as the sole reason hes Not overrated, and then the next one.

"Hes 34 and dropped 47 points. Overrated... Never"

Hell, I've seen dudes in the Lakers thread take just one nice play from Kobe and then laugh@ the possibility that hes over rated.

Yall call dudes trolls when they come in here after a bad game, calling him overrated. Is there not a flip side to that coin?
Right but all of the anti kobe people are trying to justify their responses to the one game post by saying things like
I wouldn't have commented on the particular game had it not been for stans coming in to glorify their god.

When the anti-Kobe contingent were the ones that brought it up in the first place!  No one would have mentioned this game in support of him without that.

You're missing Nako XL's point.....

Its doubtful AC would've posted that without the 2 prior posts

Also its a Lakers thread what do you expect?

Somebody could go in there and say Kobe> everybody who ever played Basketball and you shouldn't have a problem with it

They are homer threads, that's their purpose.

Last edited:

No one would have mentioned this game in support of him without that.

You've been in this thread for a good amount of its existence, Do you really believe this? :lol:

Last edited:
Its doubtful AC would've posted that without the 2 prior posts

You serious or trolling?

I'm super serious

I saw AC posting in the NBA and Lakers threads last night

You think he forgot about this thread?

No...he just probably felt it was more appropriate for those threads

That was until Anti-Kobe people started posting in this thread

Last edited:
I'm not gonna analyze whether or not he wouldve or wouldnt have posted about Kobes game last night. The point is he did. His post speaks for itself. He used one great game as an argument as to whether Kobe is or ever has been overrated. It hasnt been uncommon is this thread. The same way some use one poor game to justify him as being overrated. If you call one a troll, you gotta call the other a troll.

Jordan is the standard. You always want to match up to the best. Kobe surpassed Drexler, Ray Allen, Jerry West, Wade etc. So you only have one guy he can't match up too. And that's where it starts.

The second part is stupidity. :lol:

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>rest of SG's. People need to start comprehending this.

that ratty mcbratty sohe kryin weasal is not greater than lenny bias, so stop

ballin invented in mass, we own the la faker girls.

most those rings belong to 'sota any damn way

fakers have half the heritage over there in hollyweird land

Jordan is the standard. You always want to match up to the best. Kobe surpassed Drexler, Ray Allen, Jerry West, Wade etc. So you only have one guy he can't match up too. And that's where it starts.

The second part is stupidity.
laugh.gif

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>rest of SG's. People need to start comprehending this.
that ratty mcbratty sohe kryin weasal is not greater than lenny bias, so stop

fakers have half the heritage over there in hollyweird land
i thought this was a forum where we communicate in english

[quote name="celtixhalfshell"][quote name="CP"]Jordan is the standard. You always want to match up to the best. Kobe surpassed Drexler, Ray Allen, Jerry West, Wade etc. So you only have one guy he can't match up too. And that's where it starts.

The second part is stupidity. :lol:

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>rest of SG's. People need to start comprehending this.[/quote]that ratty mcbratty sohe kryin weasal is not greater than lenny bias, so stop

fakers have half the heritage over there in hollyweird land[/quote] that's all good and well, but is Kobe Bryant overrated?

^Congrats on your kid my dude.

This is probably the worst thread on Niketalk,. :lol:

^Congrats on your kid my dude.

This is probably the worst thread on Niketalk,. :lol:

I was thinking just that. It's a forever cycle. No one will be convinced otherwise. Most of us are grown enough to have our opinions and stick to them...no matter how ridiculous the opinion is.

Anyways...thanks, brother.

Not hating people just stating facts.im not here
To change anyones mind.kobe got a good publicist and agent..a few of players greater than kobe...
Lebron
Steph curry

Yall are blind if you think refs/nba are not helping the lakers to the playoffs
Google the last game of warriors vs lakers
Refs basically handed them the game

Yall are blind if you think refs/nba are not helping the lakers to the playoffs
Google the last game of warriors vs lakers
Refs basically handed them the game

The play where Kobe got hurt nobody touched him. Yet it was a foul and was awarded 2 FTs

Back
Top Bottom