Is This Blackface? vol. Olympic Edition

nobodys obsessed 
eyes.gif

its so obvious thats what yall posting all these pics and gifs for

but dont let my pointing it out stop you phillip

im saying!!!

hows this for precedence?

The girls claimed they were putting on facial masks. “We were doing facials and it happened to have been a brown facial mask,” Cooper wrote in an email to the University Of Minnesota Duluth newspaper,“We had to leave it on for 12 minutes. During that 12 minutes, we horribly decided to make a video that we regret and are not happy about. This was made over a year ago.”

because just the idea of thinking this picture is blackface just has to extend into whatever insult you want to direct at me right?

because just the idea of thinking this picture is blackface just has to extend into whatever insult you want to direct at me right?
To elaborate:

I think you have an obsessive racial inferiority complex which manifests itself by rendering you unable to see / experience (seemingly) anything  without some negative racial interpretation, particularly when it involves interactions between black people and white people. You tend to see the world through "[race]-colored glasses." Race is at the forefront of your mind a lot of the time. That's what causes you to perceive racial "injustices" when they're not necessarily there (e.g. the picture in question).

Just my theory after reading some of your posts.

This reminds me of a Chinese girl I dated briefly. She just could not stop mentioning white people and how much she was disgusted by them. Needless to say, I broke up with her ignorant, racist ***. 
sick.gif

Honest questions:

Do you think your race defines you? Do you see yourself as a black man or a man who happens to be black?

Last edited:
ok im going to attempt to unpack your presumptuous "theory":

so it goes from my opinion on a picture/this picture gives you so much insight as to construct a "theory" all the way to the other extreme of "seemingly anything" i see with racial bias?

thats quite a leap

and then to have the gall to introduce "race colored glasses" which is simply another form of invalidation 
mean.gif

to say that anything in this country is not seen with race somewhere at the forefront is facetious of you, unless of course next you're going to say "i dont see race" 
eyes.gif
 in which case this is all moot anyway

and furthermore to that point, you dont know me or my experience to even say that i am or am not justified in wearing "those glasses"

also i must be sure to tell you that you are not the judge and jury on whether or not there is a "racial injustice" here

just because you believe there isnt, doesnt mean there isnt, i dont know how many times i have to make this point

and to be clear, my perception of this picture ALLOWED for her to not necessarily be racist

but suggesting that it could be problematic in the sense that she should also be aware of how it could be PERCEIVED is off limits 

needless to say i dont care about your ex gf
eyes.gif

or the implicit insinuation that im somehow thinking in a female frame of mind

(as evidenced by of any example you could have provided, you supply a female with whom you had the "upper hand" of "breaking up with" as if to display your moral superiority but i digress)

now to address the latter part of your post, your "honest questions" are to me, honestly insulting and i wont dignify you with a response

sit and think about how demeaning it is for you to even dare ask me anything like that, and expect me to answer you as a self respecting human being

my "views" on race are not for your perusal nor do they come at your behest

the sheer amount of disrepect youve shown me in only two posts truly has me disgusted 
sick.gif

Last edited:
This thread keeps getting better, props OP :smokin

Oops, i mean h2hk...i forgot, opie was a racist white kharacter, my bad for the insuated insult; purely unintended.

To elaborate:

I think you have an obsessive racial inferiority complex which manifests itself by rendering you unable to see / experience (seemingly) anything without some negative racial interpretation, particularly when it involves interactions between black people and white people. You tend to see the world through "[race]-colored glasses." Race is at the forefront of your mind a lot of the time. That's what causes you to perceive racial "injustices" when they're not necessarily there (e.g. the picture in question).

Just my theory after reading some of your posts.

This seems to be the general consensus. Post after post after post starts to show a pattern. Deflection skills are off the charts as well.

the reason im so adamant is because this is one of those innocuous "did she/ didnt she" situations where she will get the benefit of the doubt

its like adding insult to injury

as far as what i think of simone, she is the consensus best gymnast in the world

is it inconceivable to think there may be some jealousy on aly's part?

anger at the fact that she herself is not as highly touted as her black teammate?

and could that anger manifest itself in passive aggressive acts of racism like this?

like things like this, little white girls playing with racism in such ways, is at the HEIGHT of white privilege

and the kicker is the ppl who have nothing to say to me directly anymore after theyve been dismissed

but continue to cheerleader others when they decide to take their shots (@Titanium Tea, @TURBO UNO  among others 
eyes.gif
)

its all just so obvious, and truly disappointing

just the lowest, basest minds working with a mob mentality 
mean.gif

but continue with the armchair psychoanalysis

we all know people only feel good about themselves when they are trying to put others down

i guess based on the length of this thread, the anger and vitriol ive received is just evidence of the frustration when i continue to make my point without stooping to your levels

So now she is cleaning her face and taking a pic with her teammate because she is jealous Simone is a better gymnast. Got it.

Last edited:
just providing another possibility

it was ok to do that when dudes wanted to say "oh its not black its brown"

"it probably changes colors"

"its probably not dry yet"

so its ok for yall to make up as many excuses for her as yall want, but i cant provide alternative motives?

once again, as said on page 9 of this thread, do you take pictures with your facial mask on and broadcast that you have it on?

or do you do it in the privacy of your home where no one is the wiser?

and the kicker is the ppl who have nothing to say to me directly anymore after theyve been dismissed

but continue to cheerleader others when they decide to take their shots (@Titanium Tea
, @TURBO UNO
 among others :rolleyes )

its all just so obvious, and truly disappointing

just the lowest, basest minds working with a mob mentality :smh:  

but continue with the armchair psychoanalysis

we all know people only feel good about themselves when they are trying to put others down

i guess based on the length of this thread, the anger and vitriol ive received is just evidence of the frustration when i continue to make my point without stooping to your levels
Id say plenty to you directly.
You're protected by the man with the chrome face tho so, say what you will, we aint having any back and forth.
Im watching this race from the stands play boy.

once again, as said on page 9 of this thread, do you take pictures with your facial mask on and broadcast that you have it on?

or do you do it in the privacy of your home where no one is the wiser?

I've taken pictures with a facial mask on and broadcasted I have it on on social media way before this post. Please go ahead and formulate your own thoughts on what I meant by it or if I was tip toeing the lines of casual racism as you put it. I was washing my face.

You look like a complete fool in this thread. I know you don't see it yourself, but when everyone is saying otherwise... ... ... If people hadn't already written you off as being a one track poster obsessed with race, I'm sure they have now.

It's hard to take anything you say seriously after this thread so I'll just ignore you from here on out.

This is discouraging because you've made good thought provoking threads in the past and then come with the super reach here. I'm not going to be an armchair psychologist or whatever you called it but you clearly think differently from other people. In my opinion, your way of thinking is dangerous and I don't wish to engage in any discourse with you.

You spent so much time in this thread on "what ifs" and saying "we can't be 100% sure". For the sake of your argument, if she came out and said this was black face...then what? You've already found her guilty in your own mind how would public perception change anything for YOU? What would YOU do then? What action would YOU take? You are a lot of "thoughts" and no substance. It's clear you're seeking affirmation on your "thoughts" here and even when 99% of people say, "no, H2HK, it's not blackface, this is all in your head," you refuse to accept that. It's really sad you are so persistent about proving something that you're not going to do anything about any way or won't affect you in any way. Fake outrage at it's finest. This is why no one takes you seriously, not even your own race.

Hopefully you can find more constructive things to do with your time then troll the internet in the future.

if the concern is this one thread invalidates anything else ive posted or will post in the future then its clear that the intention was to "write me off" all along

when have you ever "written" someone off for a single opinion they held on a singular topic?

but sit here and pretend like its me

accuse me of whatever you want, all "thoughts" and no substance 
eyes.gif

yet the "thought-provoking" posts i make get locked by your "higher intellectually than i" nt brethren

yet i see no fingers pointed 
grin.gif

as far as what would change if she said it, id expect apologies from members in this thread

but further than that, your assertion that for holding this opinion that I personally must go out and lead the charge against aly in the court of public opinion just shows how you want to make this about me, and not the issue in that event of her putting on blackface

its not just me she would be insulting, its all of you

i put up the YT video of girls doing exactly what i propose is happening here, but ive yet to receive a single response of "well, i can see where youre coming from. i dont see it myself, but i can at least respect your opinion and not invalidate your experiences

to the point of "no one taking you seriously, not even your own race" i dont expect people who are also subject to white supremacy and its evils to jump when they see it

a lot of you are conditioned to try to "be above it", but in saying that im damned if i do damned if i dont because now it looks like im the one trying to talk down to people but it is what it is

i hold that the only reason im being excoriated to this degree is by the virtue of ppl simply waiting to take their "shot" and nothing more

like omar said, come at the king, you best not miss, so take all your shots but just know i will continue to post what i see fit and how i see fit regardless of who has a problem with it

Back
Top Bottom