Is this racist.....

I was watching an episode of Good Times on TVone and this was the description. Maybe it was a typo mistake but I found it odd. I can't remember if I posted this here already.......oh well.

33mvf28.jpg

"JJ stirs up a storm with his painting of Jesus as a black."

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

no its not racist... u must not know many black people...

nobody thinks Jesus is white...
I'm not talking about the episode. The description. I'm not a "black", I am a person.

...& Mild? Who says that anymore hahaha...it's not racist, it is comically anachronistic tho...like callin somebody "colored"... I'm black, it don't bother me...

Clearly the noun was implied rather than explicitly stated due to spacial constraints on the visual display... wait, I mean, THAT'S RACIST!!

If said something along the lines of "...painting of Jesus as a Sweet Soul Brother" then I'd give em the crooked eye...

I'm sure it was supposed to read "as a black MAN", but the "man" part was cut off. If you read the discriptions often enough you will see this happens a lot.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Why do Jews look white now?
Huh? Most of the world's population of Jews are of Eastern European descent.

The show caption isn't racist, because no one really knows the intention behind it, but it is worded awkwardly at the very least.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I'm sure it was supposed to read "as a black MAN", but the "man" part was cut off. If you read the discriptions often enough you will see this happens a lot.
No. If it was cut off there would be no period ending the sentence nor a word in parentheses following it.

Back
Top Bottom