[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

lights please! lights please!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ok.. i'm gonna give this guy a chance. just listened to that back to the topic freestyle and he went IN, so i'll be back with my full thoughts on thisdude.

I'm ASHAMED to say that I have been sleeping for too long
smh.gif

This is THE S_, he derserves the recognition and the Hov co-sign!

I got The Warm Up expecting something good.. what I got was something incredible!
The dude's lyrical ability and flow are amazing. His charisma and presence on the tracks are something refreshing, he actually reminds me of Pac on "IGet Up"!

His beat selection, or should I say, beat production is top notch. He MURDERS "Dead Presidents II"
eek.gif

You can listen to the whole mixtape without skipping a track. Other rappers should be ashamed of themselves for having a dude's mixtape being better thantheir albums
smh.gif

Drake is getting all the attention, but this dude should be getting equal attention.

IMO this mixtape is tied with So Far Gone for mixtape of the year!

Good Job Jay <>

BTW my fav track is "Dreams"
ohwell.gif

crazy what a feature on BP3 will do for you, I'm just happy that ppl are taking notice. He deserves to be recognized w the rest of the 09' freshmenclass. Top 3 imo

J.Cole's verse on "A star is born" =
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Happy to see son did his thing on the track, certainly didn't dissapoint.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Jay-Z snuck him in on the last verse of Star is Born. For a minute I thought we got tricked.

Word
laugh.gif

After I heard Jay on the 3rd verse, I officially lost all hope.

I thought dude was going sing the rest of the track out.

Yep. That Jay track pointed me right in the direction of this thread. Had a couple of his tracks already... dude just spat his life out though, def deserves afew spins. Will download this when I get to the crib.

don't really mess with alot of the younger cats in the game.

but i like what i've heard from the kid so far.

Originally Posted by MissinPieces

Jay-Z snuck him in on the last verse of Star is Born. For a minute I thought we got tricked.

Word
laugh.gif

I was gettin heated!
mad.gif

How you gone give the first Roc Nation artist the "Drake treatment"? lmao

Originally Posted by MissinPieces

Word
laugh.gif

I was gettin heated!
mad.gif

How you gone give the first Roc Nation artist the "Drake treatment"? lmao
roll.gif
Knew I wasn't the only one...

..."Me? I switch da tempo on em.. sorta like Timbo on em... Start talkin' that weak +#+$? I pause, NINTENDO on em.. Start talkin' that beef +#+$?I turn to Kimbo on em ... I got no words for these _'s, I'm instrumental on em, CHEA!"..

Originally Posted by DC Piper

..."Me? I switch da tempo on em.. sorta like Timbo on em... Start talkin' that WII +#+$? I pause, NINTENDO on em.. Start talkin' that beef +#+$? I turn to Kimbo on em ... I got no words for these _'s, I'm instrumental on em, CHEA!"..
Sorry just had to do it. Dude went in tho. A star is born is def appreciated. I hope dude don't get the Sauce Money treatment.

let's hope this thread starts growing a little bit faster now gone in 60...considering BP3 leaked, and J. Cole MURDERS that track.

Anybody got a link for The Warm Up?
nerd.gif

Been looking 'round the net but most of the links I found were down.

edit:
nvm - found it
pimp.gif

No Sauce Money treatment, this is RocNations 1st rnd draft pick... spits & produces he'll get the Mr West treatment plus I have a feeling Jay believesin this guy!!!
Originally Posted by rsdplaya

let's hope this thread starts growing a little bit faster now gone in 60...considering BP3 leaked, and J. Cole MURDERS that track.

Most definitely... @ the end of the day he needs to put out material on a consistant basis, to give us something to talk about you know

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

let's hope this thread starts growing a little bit faster now gone in 60...considering BP3 leaked, and J. Cole MURDERS that track the album.
Fixed*

pimp.gif

Its prolly just me but his verse on 'A Star is Born' kinda reminded me of when Lupe jumped onto the scene on 'Touch The Sky'.

"Its prolly just me but his verse on 'A Star is Born' kinda reminded me of when Lupe jumped onto the scene on 'Touch The Sky'. "

Agree

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Its prolly just me but his verse on 'A Star is Born' kinda reminded me of when Lupe jumped onto the scene on 'Touch The Sky'.
If only he sees that much success.

Back
Top Bottom