Jay-Z is the most CONSISTENT rap artist ever.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by u ttocs

this guy said Jay has ONE classic
roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

Thats another one... shall I go on??
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
This album ain't no classic. Probably his 2nd best album, but not classic.
Hell up with that wack !!+ username.

If it's his 2nd best album... how is it NOT a classic??

So you say The Blueprint and The Black Album aren't classics?

I swear, its dudes like this, that don't no $%%$ about hip-hop
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So all of Jay-Z's albums are classic because he's Jay-Z?? What kind of ******ed fan boy logic is that. You're sitting here trying to say Jay-Z has 4 classic albums and you have the audacity to talk about knowinghip hop? How old are you 17, eff outta here
laugh.gif

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So all of Jay-Z's albums are classic because he's Jay-Z?? What kind of ******ed fan boy logic is that. You're sitting here trying to say Jay-Z has 4 classic albums and you have the audacity to talk about knowing hip hop? How old are you 17, eff outta here
laugh.gif
You're an idiot. He didn't say it was Jays second best. You did. He is saying how can that be his second best album (to you) and not beclassic when he has two other classics. You need to step your comprehension game up.

Originally Posted by Wade187

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So all of Jay-Z's albums are classic because he's Jay-Z?? What kind of ******ed fan boy logic is that. You're sitting here trying to say Jay-Z has 4 classic albums and you have the audacity to talk about knowing hip hop? How old are you 17, eff outta here
laugh.gif
You're an idiot. He didn't say it was Jays second best. You did. He is saying how can that be his second best album (to you) and not be classic when he has two other classics. You need to step your comprehension game up.

It's Jay-Z's second best album and it's not a classic, in my opinion of course. What's there to comprehend? You're the idiot. The otheridiot was trying to argue that Jay-Z's second best album has to be a classic, which is absurd.

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You're an idiot. He didn't say it was Jays second best. You did. He is saying how can that be his second best album (to you) and not be classic when he has two other classics. You need to step your comprehension game up.

It's Jay-Z's second best album and it's not a classic, in my opinion of course. What's there to comprehend? You're the idiot. The other idiot was trying to argue that Jay-Z's second best album has to be a classic, which is absurd.
Your the idiot because you think your opinion matters that much. Blue print and black album are considered classics amongst the masses. Then addRD and that's 3 classics he has. So how on earth could his second best album not be a classic? It's absurd your actually arguing against what he'ssaying. When what he is saying isn't his opinion but a fact. What he is saying is the truth. Vol.1 is in no way a classic but it is in no way his secondbest either. You're mistaken what you prefer to what is genuinely his better work. I'm gonna assume you're still a kid so I'm not even gonnabother with you anymore.

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly! this uttocs dude doesn't know what the hell he's talking about
laugh.gif

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's Jay-Z's second best album and it's not a classic, in my opinion of course. What's there to comprehend? You're the idiot. The other idiot was trying to argue that Jay-Z's second best album has to be a classic, which is absurd.
Your the idiot because you think your opinion matters that much. Blue print and black album are considered classics amongst the masses. Then add RD and that's 3 classics he has. So how on earth could his second best album not be a classic? It's absurd your actually arguing against what he's saying. When what he is saying isn't his opinion but a fact. What he is saying is the truth. Vol.1 is in no way a classic but it is in no way his second best either. You're mistaken what you prefer to what is genuinely his better work. I'm gonna assume you're still a kid so I'm not even gonna bother with you anymore.

roll.gif

Well apparently my opinion matters since it gets you so riled up and felt the need to respond. You can relax, Jay-Z only having 1 classic album is really notthat serious.

Originally Posted by south hayward

These here's the dog years and $+$!%#+%%++%# don't shed
I try to bring you life but $+$!%#+%%++%# want dead
So I travel with the barrel, with the chrome, with the lead
Cause when it's on, then it's on, the shots flowin through your head
I been rich I been poor I saved and blown bread
Some say I been here before because of the way I zone
Some said, Jigga zones like the fallin of Rome
Reoccuring, that he thinks like that cause he's observing
Won't be known until I'm gone and +$#%** study my bones
Mentally been many places, but I'm Brooklyn's own
In the physical, onee seems, like a lost body
In fact my thoughts don't differ much from that of God body
But it's the odd shottie, that got cats, likening me
to the mob John Gotti, rap dudes bitin me cause
I got it locked like the late Bob Marley
Pardon me y'all, the great Bob Marley.........****... GO IT LOCKED LIKE THE LATE BOB MARLEY.. THINK ABOUT IT... GOT IT LOCKED............BOB MARLEY...HOOO HOO
verse is classic but its not from a Jay album though

roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Your the idiot because you think your opinion matters that much. Blue print and black album are considered classics amongst the masses. Then add RD and that's 3 classics he has. So how on earth could his second best album not be a classic? It's absurd your actually arguing against what he's saying. When what he is saying isn't his opinion but a fact. What he is saying is the truth. Vol.1 is in no way a classic but it is in no way his second best either. You're mistaken what you prefer to what is genuinely his better work. I'm gonna assume you're still a kid so I'm not even gonna bother with you anymore.

roll.gif

Well apparently my opinion matters since it gets you so riled up and felt the need to respond. You can relax, Jay-Z only having 1 classic album is really not that serious.
Who's riled up? It's a thread open to discussion im merely discussing it with you. Don't flatter yourself. But regardless youhaven't backed up anything you've said with any valid points so yeah really no need for further discussion. When all else fails post a rolling emoticon

The Blueprint is a classic album whether you like it or not.

Reasonable Doubt is an unquestioned classic album.

Black Album is a classic album.

Vol.1 and/or Vol. 2 are classics as well.

There are 2-3 solo MCs who can rival this mans career....at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by south hayward

These here's the dog years and $+$!%#+%%++%# don't shed
I try to bring you life but $+$!%#+%%++%# want dead
So I travel with the barrel, with the chrome, with the lead
Cause when it's on, then it's on, the shots flowin through your head
I been rich I been poor I saved and blown bread
Some say I been here before because of the way I zone
Some said, Jigga zones like the fallin of Rome
Reoccuring, that he thinks like that cause he's observing
Won't be known until I'm gone and +$#%** study my bones
Mentally been many places, but I'm Brooklyn's own
In the physical, onee seems, like a lost body
In fact my thoughts don't differ much from that of God body
But it's the odd shottie, that got cats, likening me
to the mob John Gotti, rap dudes bitin me cause
I got it locked like the late Bob Marley
Pardon me y'all, the great Bob Marley.........****... GO IT LOCKED LIKE THE LATE BOB MARLEY.. THINK ABOUT IT... GOT IT LOCKED............BOB MARLEY...HOOO HOO

This verse is the definition of average. This dude really got you jaw dropped over "locked out like bob marley" ? I wanna see your reaction when youlisten to some talented lyricists.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

So what MCs have had better solo careers than Jay-Z, Vinnie Paz junior?

Refer to my list on the first page. Plenty more can be added to it.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

So what MCs have had better solo careers than Jay-Z, Vinnie Paz junior?

Refer to my list on the first page. Plenty more can be added to it.
That list was trash and you know it.

AZ? (one of my favorite MCs ever)

Redman?

Ghost (if Jay's last album was as wack as Ghost's last album....we would never hear the end of it)

Sean Price? as a solo artist?

You just throwing out BS to discredit the man. I'll give you Face and Nas (maybe Ace) but you are totally off with the rest of your list.

How was the list trash ?

Putting "?" after their name isn't an argument.

They are all some of the most consistent artists in the game with numerous classics compared to Jay who has one. Their discographies are far better than his.

I'll take Ice Cube over Jay any day, even off the strength of his first two albums alone.

Originally Posted by M16

I'll take Ice Cube over Jay any day, even off the strength of his first two albums alone.

y the jay hate though? he smashed ya high school sweetheart or something??

You buggin and you know it.

I put a question mark there because there is really no debate needed.

You're going to compare A's discography to Jay's with a straight face?

Redman has been mediocre as hell since Dos Da name.

Ghost just dropped an average tax write off followup disc to a much heralded album and and extra average uninspired joint in successive order.

Sean Price's great consistency has more with Heltah Skeltah than anything else. Outside of that he has like 2 decent albums.

Like I said you are making up BS just to throw salt in the discussion to prove how much of a backpacker you are...."Im hating on the mainstreamchoice...so I must be a Hip-Hop elitist with more knowledge than you..."

You making no sense and saying some outright stupid s_....That list was horrible.

Hate him or love him....there are under a handful of MCs in Hip-Hop history who have a solo career as lengthy and consistently good as Jay's.

Yea he probably is...

but its kinda easy to be consistant when most of your albums is just repackaged versions of eachother...

I appreciate it more when an artist doesnt stay in the same lane and tries to push boundaries (Outkast, etc)...

Yes I'm going to compare. AZ put out a CLASSIC debut much like Jay, but unlike jay managed to keep dropping good/great albums.

Redman isn't really a debate. He's one of the most consistent artists EVER. Mediocre since Docs Da name ?
laugh.gif
If you call albums like Blackout! andRed Gone Wild mediocore then everything Jay has done since 1996 was straight dumpster juice.

Ghost has never dropped anything wack. Can't say the same for Jay-Z. Sure, his last two albums are not on the level of his best works but he still has 5great albums out of 7. Two of which are certified classics.

Sean P is more an MC than Jay ever was, is, or can be. Monkey Barz and Jesus Price really speak for themselves.

and as usual, the "backpack" argument comes in. Sorry, but Jay-Z has gotten farther on less talent than any MC in history. My list could have easilybeen multiple times longer.... Not to mention the unarguable people on it: Scarface, Nas, Killah Priest, Masta Ace, Kool G Rap (that already disproves yourclaim of "only 2 or 3 solo MC's are touching Jay-Z"

ABH
No way all those Jay albums are classics. IMO Jay has 2... ** Looks @ calender ** aight 3

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Blueprint
3. The Black Album

3 SOLID albums
Vol 1
Vol 2
American Gangster
(BP2 without all the filler would've qualified)

4 GARBAGE albums
Vol 3
Dynasty
Blueprint 2 (some great joints on there, but as an "album" its a +$$@ sandwhich)
Kingdome Come

Originally Posted by M16

Yes I'm going to compare. AZ put out a CLASSIC debut much like Jay, but unlike jay managed to keep dropping good/great albums.

Redman isn't really a debate. He's one of the most consistent artists EVER. Mediocre since Docs Da name ?
laugh.gif
If you call albums like Blackout! and Red Gone Wild mediocore then everything Jay has done since 1996 was straight dumpster juice.

Ghost has never dropped anything wack. Can't say the same for Jay-Z. Sure, his last two albums are not on the level of his best works but he still has 5 great albums out of 7. Two of which are certified classics.

Sean P is more an MC than Jay ever was, is, or can be. Monkey Barz and Jesus Price really speak for themselves.

and as usual, the "backpack" argument comes in. Sorry, but Jay-Z has gotten farther on less talent than any MC in history. My list could have easily been multiple times longer.... Not to mention the unarguable people on it: Scarface, Nas, Killah Priest, Masta Ace (that already disproves your claim of "only 2 or 3 solo MC's are touching Jay-Z"
AZ...you're lying. I know his discography word for word. No need for a debate. You're wrong and you know it. Just compare their lastalbums respectively and that the jist of their entire career.

Blackout is not even a solo album and that s_ was average to me. Like all of Redmans work over the last 7-8 years....Yeah hes been consistent....consistentlyaverage. You always criticizing Jay's lyricism and then you want to bring up recent Redman?...Please, that negro has been extra average in the last half adecade.

Nobody has ever dropped anything wack, except Jay just because you say so...Im not gonna s_ on Ghost because he is that dude and has been putting it in. Solidrun. But if Bluprint 2 and Vol. 1/2 are "wack albums"...then ain't no way More Fish and Big Doe rehad aint "wack" as well.

Sean Price has 2 solo albums....like I said, you're saying stupid s_ just to say it.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

ABH
No way all those Jay albums are classics. IMO Jay has 2... ** Looks @ calender ** aight 3

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Blueprint
3. The Black Album

3 SOLID albums
Vol 1
Vol 2
American Gangster
(BP2 without all the filler would've qualified)

4 GARBAGE albums
Vol 3
Dynasty
Blueprint 2 (some great joints on there, but as an "album" its a +$$@ sandwhich)
Kingdome Come
3 CLASSIC albums my G.

Classic albums that changed Hip-Hop and changed people's lives and y'all want to s_ on the man...it baffles my mind.

Just throwing that out there like its some average s_. That's Jordanesque.

I understand being turned off by everything outside of rap because honestly I feel the same about dude but musically...y'all _s know y'all beingunfair.

Nay...you can't even front like Big Homies music ain't provide some type of inspiration or soundtrack to your formative years.

_s be praising some astrophysical mediocre albums as great and calling Dynasty wack because it had 3 songs that were not great..not wack...just notgreat...Well to me The Dynasty was one of my personal favorite albums, an album that a whole group of people were spinning heavily where I was from coming up.An album with joints like "this can't be life", "Streets Is Talking", "Soon you'll understand" and "Where Have YouBeen" that hit _s in their heart and made hard grown %@% men get emotional with a bottle of yac. An album with an Intro that made a good amount of _s pickup a pen and try rhyming and a classic concept song that was ill as hell.....how could that be GARBAGE?...I dont understand it.

Then dude wanna talk about Redman and AZ's recent albums as being great? And act like HHID was a "near classic" album.....I can't call it.

How am I "lying" ? From the best to worst, Doe or Die and 9 Lives and still better than RD and KC. Same goes for everything in between.

No one said Redman was Canibus or Vinnie Paz lyrically, we are simply talking about remaining consistent. When it comes to that, one of the first names to cometo mind is Redman.

Vol 1 and 2 are not complete trash, but they are no where near classics. Ghostface however does not have KC's and Vol 3's in his career.

I'll take out Sean P if it makes you feel better only because he has only 2 solo albums and we are talking about solo artists.

We still have plenty of unarguably more consistent rappers.

Back
Top Bottom