Jay-Z Or Nas? Vol. Complex

Kind of off topic, but I cannot listen to this song without picturing how much more BIG would have killed it 
Yo, deuce king deuce king and illphillip illphillip some fools :lol:

Always manhandling dudes in threads.

And :rofl: @ the tagged trashcan

Meth won't even let son make donations doe :wow: :rofl:
:lol: yeah ill and duece be having me dying
Still hate that champ thing though
I swear duece be making me wanna jump through the screen with that champ ****
Even when he has a point and I agree with him :lol:
That **** just be sounding so damn condescending :lol:

Jay the clear cut winner, Nas been holding on to Illmatic for damn near 20 years now
You talkin like ILLMATIC is some ordinary album like its not a TIMELESS album btw STILLMATIC is a 5 MIC CLASSIC as well..

Not discrediting Illmatic at all but that will be Nas' peak of a classic, Jay dropped RD, BP1, AG, Blk Album...he has better albums under his belt. Wish I could erase Kingdom Come from history though

I like that album.

I don't think its better than blueprint tho.

Didnt iww come out like right after reasonable doubt?

If i ruled the world one of the greatest songs ever in any genre.
Jay dont have a song like that.

But take if i ruled the world off iww.
Imagine that.

I like that album.

I don't think its better than blueprint tho.

Didnt iww come out like right after reasonable doubt?

If i ruled the world one of the greatest songs ever in any genre.
Jay dont have a song like that.

But take if i ruled the world off iww.
Imagine that.

99 Problems
Hard Knock Life
Renegade
Dead Presidents
More recently Empire State of Mind

That IMO are up there

JAY is the "SELF PROCLAIMED MIKE JORDAN, god MC, KING OF RAP etc" JAY is on the MOUNT RUSHMORE of HIPHOP but he just not better than NAS...JAY couldn't make a album like "UNTITLED (NI**ER)" JAY goes along with the system NAS is a rebal against it....Everybody know "ETHER" crushed JAY I was in 10th grade in 01' & all you heard after "ETHER" came out was "NAS MURKED JAY ON WAX" its only in recent yrs cats coming out the woodwork talking bout "THE TAKE OVER IS A BETTER SONG, ETHER WAS JUST NAME CALLING, IT TOOK JAY JUST ONE VERSE TO GET AT NAS ETC" Man I was a JAY fan at that time bruh & even I said NAS smoked JAY bad real bad.....Jay is just a corporate puppet thats why people say he's more successful NAS don't rock like that but NAS still is a millionaire & still a force in the game...

Last edited:
"Your bodyguard verse was better than yours"

/thread

/thread
But Jay's verse on the Oh Boy remix was so bad Cam erased it.

We talking bout a remix verse vs. Nasir Jones getting bodied by his bodyguard on one of his few hit songs.
You right Oh Boy was the better song. Jay shouldn't have tried to ruin the remix.
The verse was hot though
And who says nas ain't write that part for him
I swear man y'all give jay so many passes

"Good Job" is a line from Hancock, however I'm more than willing to donate, but staff just doesn't trust me for anything. Didn't even let me register for Secret Santa.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 They told this dude that his services are NOT needed.  Love it!!

/thread
But Jay's verse on the Oh Boy remix was so bad Cam erased it.

I had a 10 hr rd trip yesterday, 2 ways.

On the way there I banged all jays discography, on the way home I banged all nas discography.

Coming back I had 20k on me, so realistically banging jayz would have been better.

I've concluded nas is to frickin real. All the times we hated on his beat selection, he had a vision. His music's replay value is tremendous and you will never know if it's old or not, cuz he chose beats that weren't in style or popping producers at that time. His material is almost timeless because of that aspect.

Stillmatic is damn near flawless

And all the times that dudes brought up the nas is a humble cat, listen to his discography, dude is flaunting his money style jewels almost every album, he just does it in a different way

Last edited:
I'm saying nas saying pass me the blunt so I can throw my ashes on these dudes just shows the different levels these cats at at.

Nas clearly had it locked... I think the dolo movement didn't appeal to the new generation and when roc and dipset had their thing going it was like a juggernaut.

But jay and nas, nas been had it

And jay had the pre emptive

Last edited:
You're talking about Kanye in a Jay/Nas thread and I'm "emotional"?

Some of y'all seem to not think AT ALL before you type :lol:

Nas is better Lyrically.

He is profound and was a child prodigy ain't no arguing that.

Jay is a very smart dude that surrounded himself with great producers with the intent of being mainstream.

Both got exactly what they wanted out of the rap game IMO.
The thread should have been locked after this, nothing else more to say.

Back
Top Bottom