Jay-Z Or Nas? Vol. Complex

If biggie was still alive u think J wound be this big? Kinda doubt it

Myself and others have stated several times in this thread, Jay-Z is who he is because of BIG's death.

But big is dead so.......

Whats the point of hypotheticals & i think bigs shine wasnt gonna do nothing but help jay since they were friends

Thats like saying if big didnt die would puff be the mogul he is today since he was the one that had to step up to the plate & save bad boy on his own or was he just gonna be another hype man that ran a record label if big was here

Why play that game when it comes to hypotheticals just give that man his credit

But big is dead so.......

Whats the point of hypotheticals & i think bigs shine wasnt gonna do nothing but help jay since they were friends

Thats like saying if big didnt die would puff be the mogul he is today since he was the one that had to step up to the plate & save bad boy on his own or was he just gonna be another hype man that ran a record label if big was here

Why play that game when it comes to hypotheticals just give that man his credit
7GaSlJK.png
Firstly BIGGIE and Jay-Z were NOT FRIENDS, doing a song with someone doesn't make them your friend. It's a widely known fact they were local rivals as far as emcee'ing goes. If fact they got at each other on "Brooklyn's Finest", sparring for the top spot. And if you were REALLY THERE in that element and era, while east and west we're beefing as I stated before Jay-Z was plotting his take over and people weren't feeling his implications in "City Is Mine" or the video. The whole "Usual Suspects" Keyser Soze rendition in the video because he KNEW that New York saw him NOT LIKE Soze but lame *** Verbal Kint.

"What the deal playboy, just rest your soul, I be holding it down yo still love the dough"

"Asking my dog for advice so when he can't say **** my hatred is fueled just give me a sign and I let the world know that the city is mine"-( City Is Mine)

"...even J**** want the crown, how that sound? Poor thing"- (Destroy and Rebuild) 
44pvVQ3.png

And Puff would have did good with or without Biggie ...people forget he was Mary J Blige EXECUTIVE PRODUCER  before he even signed Big. He was also gettin' paid off Stevie J and Stevie J had MILLIONS off making hits for TLC, Mariah Carey, Usher and a few more. So if Stevie got MILLIONS how much you think Puff was making, seeing as Stevie was HIS employee? *Cough* Big was still living at that point.
And he made a killing after BIG's death. You really think Biggie would've been in Ciroc and Sean Jean ads? 
3bUAsSy.png

Big and Jay-Z were friends....
y5lmdPQ.png

Google some of Jay-Z's REAL FRIENDS... DeHaven, Memphis Bleek, Jazz-O, Kareem Biggs, Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel,  Freeway, Young Chris, Neef, Un Rivera, Foxy Brown. The Rocafella employee who took his picture back stage. This list could go on, and more into detail with dozens of more names. But for argument's sake let's stick with these for now. These people were Jay-Z's ACTUAL friends.

Last edited:
:smh: jay even said him & big were friends,
im gonna take your word over his :rofl:

What friends arent competitive towards eachother?

Why you think he stabbed un? Because un was messing with charli after big passed & that was bigs girl & un was supposed to be bigs man

Jay even said even tho he was older than big, he learned alot from big when it came to how to move as a rapper in the spotlight

But keep doing your googles

So Jay and Big weren't "friends" but Jay and Dame, Jaz-O, Un, Foxy, Beans, DeHaven were?

:lol:

Apparently the definition of "friends" is pretty loose then.

7GaSlJK.png
Firstly BIGGIE and Jay-Z were NOT FRIENDS, doing a song with someone doesn't make them your friend. It's a widely known fact they were local rivals as far as emcee'ing goes. If fact they got at each other on "Brooklyn's Finest", sparring for the top spot. And if you were REALLY THERE in that element and era, while east and west we're beefing as I stated before Jay-Z was plotting his take over and people weren't feeling his implications in "City Is Mine" or the video. The whole "Usual Suspects" Keyser Soze rendition in the video because he KNEW that New York saw him NOT LIKE Soze but lame *** Verbal Kint.

"What the deal playboy, just rest your soul, I be holding it down yo still love the dough"

"Asking my dog for advice so when he can't say **** my hatred is fueled just give me a sign and I let the world know that the city is mine"-( City Is Mine)

"...even J**** want the crown, how that sound? Poor thing"- (Destroy and Rebuild) 
44pvVQ3.png

And Puff would have did good with or without Biggie ...people forget he was Mary J Blige EXECUTIVE PRODUCER  before he even signed Big. He was also gettin' paid off Stevie J and Stevie J had MILLIONS off making hits for TLC, Mariah Carey, Usher and a few more. So if Stevie got MILLIONS how much you think Puff was making, seeing as Stevie was HIS employee? *Cough* Big was still living at that point.

And he made a killing after BIG's death. You really think Biggie would've been in Ciroc and Sean Jean ads? 
3bUAsSy.png

Big and Jay-Z were friends....
y5lmdPQ.png

Google some of Jay-Z's REAL FRIENDS... DeHaven, Memphis Bleek, Jazz-O, Kareem Biggs, Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel,  Freeway, Young Chris, Neef, Un Rivera, Foxy Brown. The Rocafella employee who took his picture back stage. This list could go on, and more into detail with dozens of more names. But for argument's sake let's stick with these for now. These people were Jay-Z's ACTUAL friends.

dis dude reachin on some ****
View media item 1261880
Big was playing his music for Jay before he actually it dropped tho... They were
gonna form a rap group together ( The Commission) .... Your claims aint holding up b.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic, but I cannot listen to this song without picturing how much more BIG would have killed it 

This dude really trying to tell us who Jay was really "friends" with and who he wasn't.

Knowing damn well he ain't from Marcy :lol:

What's my point?

How did you not understand it the first time around? :lol:

The idea that you are on here telling us who Jay-Z was/wasn't really "friends" with is laughable.

But you seem to enjoy speaking freely about things you have no real knowledge or understanding of.

Get it?

Last edited:
What's my point?

How did you not understand it the first time around?
laugh.gif

The idea that you are on here telling us who Jay-Z was/wasn't really "friends" with is laughable.

But you seem to enjoy speaking freely about things you have no real knowledge or understanding of.

Get it?
Things I say just go over your head. It's cool, at least you're helping the children of our future not end up like you, seeing you have that book donation badge and all. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What's my point?

How did you not understand it the first time around? :lol:

Get it?

Things I say just go over your head. It's cool, at least you're helping the children of our future not end up like you, seeing you have that book donation badge and all. :lol:  

Keep telling yourself that :lol:

As if you weren't exposing yourself as a complete lame already, you decided to mention the book donation badge for some reason?

Well played :lol:

According to your sig, you have a "good job". Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and make a positive contribution to NT for a change?

Last edited:
Keep telling yourself that
laugh.gif

As if you weren't exposing yourself as a complete lame already, you decided to mention the book donation badge for some reason?

Well played
laugh.gif

According to your sig, you have a "good job". Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and make a positive contribution to NT for a change?
"Good Job" is a line from Hancock, however I'm more than willing to donate, but staff just doesn't trust me for anything. Didn't even let me register for Secret Santa.

I see. So you don't have a good job?

My bad.

And they won't even take your money for a donation?

Son.... :lol:

JAY was always the "COMMERCIAL" KING OF NEW YORK RAP in HIPHOP NAS was & still better than JAY.....LIFE IS GOOD was wayyy better than MCHG as a matter of fact anything past "THE BLACK ALBUM" with the exception of "AMERICAN GANGSTER" has been when wack period BP3,WTT,MCHG,KINGDOM COME all weak...HIPHOP IS DEAD, DISTANT RELATIVES, UNTITLED (NI**A), LIFE IS GOOD is far better than anything that JAY has put out since 05' ....NAS is a true timeless MC dude has been the truth since 93' & he was relevant during the time of PAC & BIG...

I didn't think a new clown could show up that would have me repping Deuce that many times.

Son talking a whole lot of garbage.

Jay the clear cut winner, Nas been holding on to Illmatic for damn near 20 years now

Back
Top Bottom