Jay-Z Or Nas? Vol. Complex

I said "pure artist" as in he does it for the love and would probably still be writing, be a poet, or rapping if he wasn't getting paid for it. Jay seems to always treat rap as a hustle, whereas nas def hasn't hopped on every trend like Jay has.

I agree

Jay is a hustler
Nas is a storyteller

I think the underlying thing that rustles nas fans is that after takeover jay really helped nas career. Nas was slippin and ether and stillmatic put him back.
nas would be in queens right now doin shows wit cormega if it wasnt for jay z most likely
nas fans know they should be grateful that jay helped their guy get back on but they would never admit it.

I think that is where the hate comes from.
Jay a hustler cause he sold roc swear and rocafella??? :lol: I would say that's an opportunists. I'm 90% sure it was dames idea to create rocawear and jay was prolly like yeah sure jay has no business acumen he just cashed in in great opportunities he aint know nothing bout rocawear so he sold it he knows he aint know nothing business wise with rocafella so he sold it. He ain't do most if the work for def ham during his presidency that was shakir Stewart jay was too busy doing wack albums and guest appearances

I agree

Jay is a hustler
Nas is a storyteller

I think the underlying thing that rustles nas fans is that after takeover jay really helped nas career. Nas was slippin and ether and stillmatic put him back.
nas would be in queens right now doin shows wit cormega if it wasnt for jay z most likely
nas fans know they should be grateful that jay helped their guy get back on but they would never admit it.

I think that is where the hate comes from.
\

As a music fan I love them both. Don't see why people feel like if you like one you have to hate the other. They're different sides of the same coin, but Nas' approach and overall subject matter appeals to me more.

Lol at all these "what if" scenarios . Some of you nas stans are the absolute worst. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare your hate for Jay is really disturbing. Some of the dumb **** you've said in this thread is unbelievable. Just finally say you hate the man and his music and let it go. Give me Jay over nas any day but both are the two greatest to ever do it.

Lol at all these "what if" scenarios . Some of you nas stans are the absolute worst. nawghtyhare nawghtyhare your hate for Jay is really disturbing. Some of the dumb **** you've said in this thread is unbelievable. Just finally say you hate the man and his music and let it go. Give me Jay over nas any day but both are the two greatest to ever do it.
I don't hate the man and his music
He just overrated
And a snake

One thing i will say is that jay does not have a "if i ruled the world" even though nas bit that formula using lauryn instead of mary like on reasonable doubt.
nas bites alot but his nans never quite see it or are too blinded by his words.

U can easily spot nas fans because they are so emotional.

Ether sounds like a comeback from a freshman in hs.

Jay gives away albums
Naws has to use controversial gimmicks just to buzz.

I like nas tho.

Its pretty much fact jay is better i think most everyone knows this so lets just end on that

View media item 1250972

Last edited:
One thing i will say is that jay does not have a "if i ruled the world" even though nas bit that formula using lauryn instead of mary like on reasonable doubt.

For this, it all comes down to subject matter IMO.

Haha sure you don't nawghtyhare nawghtyhare .

I look at it as people cheering for the underdog amongst the two. I can understand the emotional part for the simple fact nas doesn't get all the respect he deserves like Jay does.

Alotta people lost respect after nastradamous.
so bad.
jay more versatile too....he can rap on a southern track...nas cannot |I

Jay z has 19 grammys i think.

I cant remember how many nas has

I like nas tho

Basically

Suburban cats = nas

Street cats and rich cats and smart cats = jay

/thread.
This is the second time, that you've said something contradictory but this time you've managed to stereotype music listeners. Which further proves my point that Complex is making a killing off of millions of people's incoherent media consumption and ineptitude to critically think.

This is the second time, that you've said something contradictory but this time you've managed to stereotype music listeners. Which further proves my point that Complex is making a killing off of millions of people's incoherent media consumption and ineptitude to critically think.

It was probably one of the worst responses I ever seen here.

That "breakdown" is comical.

Jay has stole so many saying from the south it's hilarious. Does he still say "hold up" as an adlib before rhyming? I stopped listening a while ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
so bad.

I like nas tho
so bad.

I like nas tho
Jay can rap on southern beats?????
Jay verse on get throwed is horrible
And his ha remix is just u listenable

Gotcha. A
Ether sounds like a comeback from a freshman in hs.

Jay gives away albums
Naws has to use controversial gimmicks just to buzz.

I like nas tho.

Its pretty much fact jay is better i think most everyone knows this so lets just end on that

View media item 1250972

Like fake retiring right? or forcing a bonnie and clyde theme to steal his wife's fanbase? or preselling his albums with a phone company?

Stop it dude.

It's ok to respect both of them without taking shots at the other.

Last edited:
Nas fans made out of confetti.

he was good but he fell off ALOT.

Hes still good but hes not even top 4 of ny rappers anymore.

I like nas tho.

It was probably one of the worst responses I ever seen here.
Basically

Suburban cats = nas

Street cats and rich cats and smart cats = jay

/thread.
If anything...

Hip-Hop / King of New York = Desdemona

Nas = Othello

Jay-Z = Iago

Mobb Deep and Queensbridge rappers = Cassio

And Hip-Hop fans and DJ's = Emilia

...Desdemona is dead, Nas declared her dead and Nas has been on a downward spiral of commercial suicide as "King of New York" (Othello).

so bad.
jay more versatile too....he can rap on a southern track...nas cannot
tired.gif

I like nas tho
Oh i can help you on this 

You know how many grammys nas has a big fat ZERO

and that is a major reason a lot of people dont give a **** about them. If you are a hip hop artist they are nearly worthless

snoop also has 0

Back
Top Bottom