JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by bboy1827

i c/s this post he is overrated

he's the only rapper i know who can make a average album and still gets props off it

the fact he's being raped and outshined countless of times on records, stole many lyrics from other rappers so how does that make him the greatest
Lol name one rapper that came out after 95 that didn't "bite" it's part of teh game,sorry biggie did, Pac did they all did you just have to know hip hop. Secondly the only song you can even claim that he got "outshined"on is renegade, after that what? He truimped Lil Waynes whole album with his verse on Mr.Carter, did the same to Bleek, almost did it to T.I but T.I held strong. It's just funny Jay-z is the only rapper that I know of that can be mentioned top 5 in every rap catagory, that makes him the GOAT to me, name a catagory and then it'd be a Joke if you can't name Jay-z top 5.

Beanie Sigeal
Twista
Rakim
Big L
Jaz-O
Nas
Sauce Money
Bun B(He raped Jay on Big Pimpin)
Eminem

^all these rappers have raped him or outshined him on records

and if we talking about a catagory of just lyrics only jay is NOT top 10 sorry

LOL you had to have done that for the Lulz. I don't think you've listened to Jay-z and Jaz-O. I would like you to post all these songs that you claimJay got got on. Big pimpin? really dog? You are either hella young and just listening to this stuff now or your a registered Jay hater. I think Jay's mostunderrated quality is o capture the feel of a song. From Heart of the City where he put all his heart in it, to 44 4's where he got his grown man on. FromOnce again it's on where he and beanie spit the hardest bars I've ever heard, to Swagger like us(everyone did their thing on that imo Kanye Jay, T.IWeazy, but not by far on any of them) Let us sit back in look at Jay's career, and why he should be GOAT, 11 years, 11 albums 3-5 CLASSICS, 5 Good albumsand 1 above avg album(BluePrint 2, should ahve only been one instead of a dbl disk) On top of a ridiculous amount of mixes. The simple fact that Biggie had 2,his career may not have had longivity, Pac, all his albums ere not that good, point blank, plus passed before his time, and may not have stayed releavent. Thatis why Jay-z is the GOAT, from Hawain Sophie to Swagger like Us Jay is the GOAT.

Jay is the GOAT. Its either him or Nas...

Reasonable to American Gangster....or Illmatic to Untitled.

Every one else is a level below.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Naw that title goes to BIG. But since this is NT, I'll get flamed.
laugh.gif
Y'all complain that people put Pac up there like he is some God, while half the BIG fans on here talk about him like he is some God. BIG put out TWO albums. There is no way in hell ANYONE with two albums should be considered the GOAT. I don't like Jay outside of Reasonable Doubt and some other tracks, but he has been around long enough and has earned my respect. But BIG only had TWO albums, is it his fault? No, may he RIP, but kill that GOAT talk. And Life after death ain't no classic. But this is NT so I'll catch heat, whatever I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
laugh.gif
I agree in part of what you said but you gotta remember that the music forum is filled with eastcoast heads. Thats why we never see posts ofunderground west coast rappers that are raw. Only these wack underground east coast mixtape bums.

and to asnwer the question Jay-z is not overrated. Hes definitely in the top rappers for me. He always comes through with some good ###!.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Twista has outshined Jay on a track before? really now?

On poppin tags off BP2
roll.gif
eyes.gif
Well... you know what they say about opinions, they're like $!!++ and everyone's got one and entitled to their own.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Does anyone ever get tired of arguing about the same thing?

na man, this is the internet. go to any hiphop board, same S!!! over and over lol

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

mossman....name 10 MCs with a better musical career than Jay.....
*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought
Common
LL Cool J
Chuck D

*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought
Common
LL Cool J
Chuck D

im speechless. like i really dont know what to say
when i seen cats say "the music forum has gone to hell" or "it aint what it used to be" i would jus think man it aint that bad. but this@+%# right here..... is rediculous. Jus look at that list i dont even know where to start
laugh.gif

im surprised dude didnt name the fat boys and a bunch of other mickey mouse rappers from the 80's

foh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pmighty

*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought
Common
LL Cool J
Chuck D

when i seen cats say "the music forum has gone to hell" or "it aint what it used to be" i would jus think man it aint that bad. but this @+%# right here..... is rediculous. Jus look at that list i dont even know where to start
laugh.gif

im surprised dude didnt name the fat boys and a bunch of other mickey mouse rappers from the 80's

foh
laugh.gif

Dude let me tell you something, you acted like i name some soulja boy/plies type rappers. All these rappers i listed built a name in the hip hop game. I grewin a different era then most of these cats on NT so my opinion is gonna be left field.

NOW YOU GET THE FOH

I'll just quote from what I said in another thread from a while back!

I cosign everything the original poster is proclaiming and stand by mossman because those two must be the only two on here aren'tsheep!

I don't know about what 50 said, but I will say what I always say about Jay-Z and what I believe.

People put him where he is in rap for everything he's done outside of rap.

His business ventures, his cashflow, having Beyonce, being in the limelight for this amount of time, and etc. is what leads people to believe that he is indeed the GOAT when infact dude is lucky he's top 10... yeah I said it and somebody has to.

I can see what 50 is saying, but maybe he pushed a little too much but I also agree with what 50 is saying.

There are rappers that are leaps and bounds ahead of Jay-Z, and I never fell for dudes hype or anything publications would have me to believe.

BIG is the GOAT, and the closest to him was/is NaS, although I ain't fond of dude and his sucker move of signing with Jay, and behind him is Eminem.

Like when people say Jay is the GOAT you hear them brag about every other thing about him, EXCEPT for his rapping abilities and straight up raw talent with rap.

I know Jay-Z has a lot of fans on this board and they will come to his defense, but that is my opinion and outlook on that.

I've asked people on here to give me songs to listen to that would have me to believe that he is the GOAT, but I'm still not and will never be convinced. I liked some cuts from him like Threats, and some on Reasonable Doubt and other albums of his, but I just can't see how people would put him up to where he is.

It's gotten so bad that dudes is now going back and saying that he won that beef with NaS when it's widely know that vice versa occured, but because of where Jay is at and where NaS is at dudes want to switch it up now and roll with the clear cut favorite and more beloved and financially successful artist... disgusting
smh.gif

I know some won't be happy with what I've just said, but it is what it is and how I feel about the situation and I'm not hating either, mad, and/or jealous, salty, and etc. that most will say to defend him.

That would make sense if people weren't already calling Jay the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped.....his achievements just added to his status...but his earlyrecognition was based strictly on music.

Before we even heard of Beyonce or Rocawear...Jay was on the cover of the first XXL.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I cosign everything the original poster is proclaiming and stand by mossman because those two must be the only two on here aren't sheep!

I don't know about what 50 said, but I will say what I always say about Jay-Z and what I believe.

His business ventures, his cashflow, having Beyonce, being in the limelight for this amount of time, and etc. is what leads people to believe that he is indeed the GOAT when infact dude is lucky he's top 10... yeah I said it and somebody has to.

I can see what 50 is saying, but maybe he pushed a little too much but I also agree with what 50 is saying.

There are rappers that are leaps and bounds ahead of Jay-Z, and I never fell for dudes hype or anything publications would have me to believe.

BIG is the GOAT, and the closest to him was/is NaS, although I ain't fond of dude and his sucker move of signing with Jay, and behind him is Eminem.

Like when people say Jay is the GOAT you hear them brag about every other thing about him, EXCEPT for his rapping abilities and straight up raw talent with rap.

I know Jay-Z has a lot of fans on this board and they will come to his defense, but that is my opinion and outlook on that.

I've asked people on here to give me songs to listen to that would have me to believe that he is the GOAT, but I'm still not and will never be convinced. I liked some cuts from him like Threats, and some on Reasonable Doubt and other albums of his, but I just can't see how people would put him up to where he is.

It's gotten so bad that dudes is now going back and saying that he won that beef with NaS when it's widely know that vice versa occured, but because of where Jay is at and where NaS is at dudes want to switch it up now and roll with the clear cut favorite and more beloved and financially successful artist... disgusting
smh.gif

I know some won't be happy with what I've just said, but it is what it is and how I feel about the situation and I'm not hating either, mad, and/or jealous, salty, and etc. that most will say to defend him.

That's the unbiased truth out there.
Originally Posted by BeantownJ14

eek.gif
I really hope your joking homie. I actually do promotions for Def Jam and we get equel amount of material gor both Jay z and Nas so i'm pretty sure that they spend the same amount of promtions money on them since they both are on Def Jam.

Also dont even try and say all these dudes are better

You don't work for Def Jam just because you hang up posters. Fall back Russell.
on Roc-a-fella Records:

"They managed to procure distribution from Priority Records; though Reasonable Doubt was not a major commercial success, it was highly acclaimedcritically, and along with a cosign from The Notorious B.I.G. helped propel Jay-Z to popularity."

if it wasn't for biggie, this dude's name wouldn't even be mentioned.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought
Common
LL Cool J
Chuck D

when i seen cats say "the music forum has gone to hell" or "it aint what it used to be" i would jus think man it aint that bad. but this @+%# right here..... is rediculous. Jus look at that list i dont even know where to start
laugh.gif

foh
laugh.gif

Dude let me tell you something, you acted like i name some soulja boy/plies type rappers. All these rappers i listed built a name in the hip hop game. I grew in a different era then most of these cats on NT so my opinion is gonna be left field.

with the exception of nas,kool g, and cube i listen to and like those dudes especially thought, but imo that list is flawed in so many ways. For example Jay isa solo aritst and has been and always will be so errything he's done or will do will be on his own skill or w/e. chuck d/thought/ and cube(for the mostpart) were apart of groups so theres no way they should be in a convo about achievements when they were apart of a"movement" rather than doin itsolo.

"the ar", krs, and kool g shouldnt even be compared to dude because them dudes COULD NOT stay relevant after the 80's.

now dj aktion has been aroun and makes nice music and is respected and all that but he cant compare either. what single can i bring up that my girl wouldknow?? or whats the last club song dude had??

I didnt mean to pick at that wack $%$ list of yours but me personally thats some of the things i think about if i were to make a list about great careers andnot jus a period in time when a rapper was hot or gettin an honorable mention cuz they were first
ohwell.gif
NOW YOU GET THE FOH
that was cute
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

abeautifulhaze wrote:
That would make sense if people weren't already calling Jay the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped.....his achievements just added to his status...but his early recognition was based strictly on music.

Before we even heard of Beyonce or Rocawear...Jay was on the cover of the first XXL.

Yo haze you cool and all, and I know you from NYC too... but yo you are straight lying saying that Jay was being considered the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped. Honestly I only started to hear that GOAT nonsense about him when he became the President of Def Jam for real for real, and for the record "thepeople" never ever crowned Jay the GOAT... Jay crowned himself that and kept putting it in peoples head by constantly repeating and reminding them sort oflike Lil Wayne and his claim of Best Rapper Alive.

That's a big difference between Jay, NaS, and Big. "The people" annointed Big as the GOAT, while Jay just outright proclaimed it upon himself. NaS never bragged about being the GOAT, not much from what I can remember, but he is widely recognized as GOAT or one of the best to ever do it, but he loss alot of respect do to his moves in the industry.

It's like a lot of leaders in the old times... some earned what they had and conquered and battled different countries and nations to be the leader'sand kings they were, but then you hear of ruler's who come along and proclaim that they're the king this leader that because God told them so, it'scalled divine right from what I can remember from school.

abeautifulhaze wrote:
That would make sense if people weren't already calling Jay the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped.....his achievements just added to his status...but his early recognition was based strictly on music.

Yo haze you cool and all, and I know you from NYC too... but yo you are straight lying saying that Jay was being considered the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped. Honestly I only started to hear that GOAT nonsense about him when he became the President of Def Jam for real for real, and for the record "the people" never ever crowned Jay the GOAT... Jay crowned himself that and kept putting it in peoples head by constantly repeating and reminding them sort of like Lil Wayne and his claim of Best Rapper Alive.

That's a big difference between Jay, NaS, and Big. "The people" annointed Big as the GOAT, while Jay just outright proclaimed it upon himself. NaS never bragged about being the GOAT, not much from what I can remember, but he is widely recognized as GOAT or one of the best to ever do it, but he loss a lot of respect do to his moves in the industry.

***It's like a lot of leaders in the old times... some earned what they had and conquered and battled different countries and nations to be the leader's and kings they were, but then you hear of ruler's who come along and proclaim that they're the king this leader that because God told them so, it's called divine right from what I can remember from school.***

truth.

abeautifulhaze wrote:

Yo haze you cool and all, and I know you from NYC too... but yo you are straight lying saying that Jay was being considered the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped. Honestly I only started to hear that GOAT nonsense about him when he became the President of Def Jam for real for real, and for the record "the people" never ever crowned Jay the GOAT... Jay crowned himself that and kept putting it in peoples head by constantly repeating and reminding them sort of like Lil Wayne and his claim of Best Rapper Alive.

That's a big difference between Jay, NaS, and Big. "The people" annointed Big as the GOAT, while Jay just outright proclaimed it upon himself. NaS never bragged about being the GOAT, not much from what I can remember, but he is widely recognized as GOAT or one of the best to ever do it, but he loss a lot of respect do to his moves in the industry.

It's like a lot of leaders in the old times... some earned what they had and conquered and battled different countries and nations to be the leader's and kings they were, but then you hear of ruler's who come along and proclaim that they're the king this leader that because God told them so, it's called divine right from what I can remember from school.

Thats when you started hearing it homie....but dudes had Jay up there years before that.

"1 life 1 love so there could only be 1 king..." from Nas himself that was a good decade ago speaking on Jay.

By the time BP dropped he was seen as the GOAT by a good number of people...definitely by the time Black Album dropped.

Once he got the President position...the opinions started changing and people wasn't feeling the corporate Jay as much as Hov the Hustler.

Nas...Stillmatic..."to be best, you beat the best and the blessings are spiritual.."

You way off with that...You have an intense hatred for Jay, which is cool...but other people feel differently.

Moss always present himself as some type of unbiased, old-head, Hip-Hop historian....but listen to what the Teacher has to say about Jay...the man that you putabove Jigga.....

What was that he said?...
eek.gif

abeautifulhaze wrote:

abeautifulhaze wrote:

It's like a lot of leaders in the old times... some earned what they had and conquered and battled different countries and nations to be the leader's and kings they were, but then you hear of ruler's who come along and proclaim that they're the king this leader that because God told them so, it's called divine right from what I can remember from school.

Thats when you started hearing it homie....but dudes had Jay up there years before that.

"1 life 1 love so there could only be 1 king..." from Nas himself that was a good decade ago speaking on Jay.

By the time BP dropped he was seen as the GOAT by a good number of people...definitely by the time Black Album dropped.

Once he got the President position...the opinions started changing and people wasn't feeling the corporate Jay as much as Hov the Hustler.

Nas...Stillmatic..."to be best, you beat the best and the blessings are spiritual.."

You way off with that...You have an intense hatred for Jay, which is cool...but other people feel differently.

I don't know about exactly when people considered him so great, but I know when I started to hear it... and that's when he became the president of DefJam.

I don't have a hatred at all for Jay I listen and enjoy some of his material, but I just don't put him on such a pedestal as other people do...it's like you said "other people feel differently".

I cosign everything the original poster is proclaiming and stand by mossman because those two must be the only two on here aren't sheep!

smh.gif

Without musical success Jay couldn't have done any of those thing mentioned above....same goesfor 50 without
"Get Rich or Die Trying". . . no Vitamin Water or Pontiac G6. Hell that's the only reason Massacre sold

Jay does things behind the mic and in the board room that NO other rapper will ever do again

Back
Top Bottom