JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Moss always present himself as some type of unbiased, old-head, Hip-Hop historian....but listen to what the Teacher has to say about Jay...the man that you put above Jigga.....

What was that he said?...
eek.gif
Haze I can't see the video, post the link or something.

And you gotta love the foolery posted in this thread. This dude said Twista outshined Jay on Poppin Tags.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

And you gotta love the foolery posted in this thread. This dude said Twista outshined Jay on Poppin Tags.
eek.gif
I know right

Hey the proof is in the song, Jay did get bodied, go listen to that song again

Moss always present himself as some type of unbiased, old-head, Hip-Hop historian....but listen to what the Teacher has to say about Jay...the man that you put above Jigga.....

What was that he said?...
eek.gif

I have the utmost respect for KRS-One.
But if you didn't know, back during the golden era of Hip Hop, KRS-ONE had beef with MC SHAN who was from Queensbridge. (first hip hop battle btw)Their beef was about where Hip Hop started in the Bronx or QB... So really, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt when hesays "Jay-Z is the best," coming from a person who was putting out diss tracks on Queensbridge and all the MC's from QB ....that's likeasking someone who hates hip hop, "what do you think is better rock or hip hop?"

check out the track...
some say this maybe a response back to not only mega but krs as well...

So your point is that KRS doesn't understand and/or hates hip hop?
KRS' words have a lot more weight than ours. Coming from someone like him, theres not much you can say to oppose that.

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

So your point is that KRS doesn't understand and/or hates hip hop?
KRS' words have a lot more weight than ours. Coming from someone like him, theres not much you can say to oppose that.

Why don't you reread and try comprehending
indifferent.gif

Destroy and Rebuild was directed at KRS....
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL. It was a sample from KRS-ONE's, The Bridge is Over and produced by Baby Paul & Mike Risko and last time I checkedMUSIC WAS PRODUCED, NOT DIRECTED.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mossman75

mossman....name 10 MCs with a better musical career than Jay.....
*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought *
Common *
LL Cool J *
Chuck D*
*they either lacking wordplay, material, or storytelling abilities to compare to jay-z

and check the avy, its comin from a nas fan.

That would make sense if people weren't already calling Jay the GOAT when Vol. 2 dropped.....his achievements just added to his status...but his early recognition was based strictly on music.

Before we even heard of Beyonce or Rocawear...Jay was on the cover of the first XXL.
haze, you know when XXL had jay-z on the cover they were still playing second fiddle to the Source in its prime.

and the way i see it, people offically jumped on his bandwagon after the Rush hour soundtrack cut "can i get a.."

Vol. 2 put him in the stratusphere, before that he was still salty that Mase was the HNIC in hiphop.

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

MC Wise
NAS > BIGGIE > PAC > BIG L > RAKIM > SLICK RICK > PUN > JAY-Z

Business Wise JAY-Z > 50 > DIDDY

That's the only time he makes the top of any hip hop related list. People getting it confused with the two.

NAS FTW. ILLMATIC >> REASONABLE DOUBT

joecamel.bmp

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

Destroy and Rebuild was directed at KRS....
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL. It was a sample from KRS-ONE's, The Bridge is Over and produced by Baby Paul & Mike Risko and last time I checked MUSIC WAS PRODUCED, NOT DIRECTED.
laugh.gif
You is a simple sumova....

I said directed at not by...F_ is on your mind? That was taken directly fromyour post before you edited.

_s be starving for attention
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought *
Common *
LL Cool J *
Chuck D*
*they either lacking wordplay, material, or storytelling abilities to compare to jay-z

indifferent.gif
& Common & Black Though lacking wordplay& material

I agree 100%.

Jay-Z is a great entertainer, a very successful business man and a very skilled rapper. However, he isn't the best rapper ever nor is he among the top 5rappers ever. People get caught up with his wealth, style, "swag" and just label him the greatest rapper alive. He's had better production than99% of rappers in history, but good production does not make you the bet rapper ever. Also, he has had longevity because his music has been primarily made formainstream audiences which means good production + materialistic lyrics = more dough for Jay-Z. Longevity does not make you the best rapper ever. What makesyou the best rapper ever is your word play, rhymes, flow, story-telling, charisma and entertainment value. While Jay-Z obviously has all of that, there havebeen several rappers who trumped him in all of those categories.

I think that Biggie and Rakim were CLEARLY better rappers than Jay-Z. Personally I also think Eminem, Big Pun, Immortal Technique are just some others outthere that rap better than Jay-Z.

In conclusion, Jay-Z makes good music, he's entertaining, he is obviously a good rapper but he's not the GOAT.

yea hes so overrated that every record company signs all these dudes, hoping they are the next jay z...

yea hes overrated alright ***sigh***

laugh.gif
That was amusing, and kinda shocking that KRS said that and not about NaS. And please stop quoting this dude DeeNyce, I ignored him.

Thanks fellas
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

*Puts flame on suit on*

Rakim
Nas
KRS-One
Kool G. Rap
Scarface
Ice Cube
Black Thought *
Common *
LL Cool J *
Chuck D*

indifferent.gif
& Common & Black Though lacking wordplay & material
keyword, COMPARED to jay-z .

a simple comparison of catalogs will show they come up short vs the jiggaman.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I agree 100%.

Jay-Z is a great entertainer, a very successful business man and a very skilled rapper. However, he isn't the best rapper ever nor is he among the top 5 rappers ever. People get caught up with his wealth, style, "swag" and just label him the greatest rapper alive. He's had better production than 99% of rappers in history, but good production does not make you the bet rapper ever. Also, he has had longevity because his music has been primarily made for mainstream audiences which means good production + materialistic lyrics = more dough for Jay-Z. Longevity does not make you the best rapper ever. What makes you the best rapper ever is your word play, rhymes, flow, story-telling, charisma and entertainment value. While Jay-Z obviously has all of that, there have been several rappers who trumped him in all of those categories.

I think that Biggie and Rakim were CLEARLY better rappers than Jay-Z. Personally I also think Eminem, Big Pun, Immortal Technique are just some others out there that rap better than Jay-Z.

In conclusion, Jay-Z makes good music, he's entertaining, he is obviously a good rapper but he's not the GOAT.
You serious??? Of course there are some who are better in certain categories....bottom line is NO ONE has encompassed every part of rap at a levelJay has. Ever. His catalog is extensive, his production is top-notch, his lyrics are great...at the very least top 10 over his career. And the categories youpointed out he's like top 5 all time in every single one. Your reasoning is the equivalent of saying MJ wasn't the best because there were better 3point shooters than him
indifferent.gif
. Just like Jordan he dominated year inand year out. No one else can claim that...so as far as I'm concerned he's done enough to be GOAT. And even if you were to disagree...to say he'soverrated is straight lunacy.

Jay-Z probably is the most overrated rapper ever but with his degree of success and the magnitude of his super stardom what do you expect?

RD is one of the most impressive hip hop albums I've ever heard, top 10 all time imo and in my personal top 3-4. Without a doubt though, Jay-Z stans areprobably the worst group of @*#* riders in existence. Few artist have a more disgusting group of die hard fans
laugh.gif
most of them(probably half of this thread)are straight up delusional.

Jay is the man, definitely one of the GREATEST to ever do it, his catalogue could probably be stronger given his level of talent but the same can be said formost artist. However a percentage of @*#* riding fans and massive slurpage by the media certainly contribute to him being overrated.

Back
Top Bottom