Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

@ 8:45

its not verbatim but its obvious thats who he was talkin about. "i cant say they name cuz i love em"

Nas already had illmatic so he not talkin bout him

conspiracy theories welcomed...

and Nas made It Was Written which was number on the billboard charts for 4 weeks in a row.

But I don't agree with Snoop, Jay-Z is Diddy and Biggie combined. Biggie was just a rapper and not a business man like Jay-Z.
Pac is overrated

"Might find your man dead in the ocean
He be aight though
You know dead rappers get better promotion"

Kiss and Ghost

Last edited:
Everybody act like if Big n Pac were alive, they wouldn't have fell off like Jay and everyone else. Not saying they wouldn't have been listenable,or still good, but they would have had a peak and then a decline. I don't believe we got the best of Big cus his career was pretty much getting started. I think Pac woulda had a lot more dopeness for our ears, than we got to hear. We will never now.

Everybody act like if Big n Pac were alive, they wouldn't have fell off like Jay and everyone else. Not saying they wouldn't have been listenable,or still good, but they would have had a peak and then a decline. I don't believe we got the best of Big cus his career was pretty much getting started. I think Pac woulda had a lot more dopeness for our ears, than we got to hear. We will never now.
truth: i honestly i think if pac was still alive he would be much bigger than a "rapper". Big would be doing the same thing like nas. Who knows about jay and puff though. With puff jerking all his artist i wonder how big would of taken it and if he never passed would mase and the lox still be in the bullpen ? alot of what ifs

This thread is blasphemous, Hov has grown into so much more than just a rapper. On the low, I think Snoop might be a little jealous. But that's just my opinion. No disrespect to Snoop tho

This thread is blasphemous, Hov has grown into so much more than just a rapper. On the low, I think Snoop might be a little jealous. But that's just my opinion. No disrespect to Snoop tho

it's true; he's grown into much more than a rapper.

but that statement concerns his career NOW.

not the beginnings of it.

this can be said about damn near every rapper who has released an album after their deaths.

dudes will find any reason to hate on Jay, but the game needs his presence more than anyone.

Snoop is an OG, but he has one of thee worst catalogs of all the iconic rappers.

he has no place to comment on anyone's career lol. if he stopped making music, no one would care.

Tell this bum to shut the hell up, been wack for as long as I can remember and has the nerve to say something like that.

If they were alive still Hov would still be better than both IMO.

snoop as a real rapper not a hip pop rapper has been trash for years. same catagory as birdman for me. same songs different words. he is a hustler tho ill give him that

roll.gif

snoop has just as many or MORE accolades then jay-z.

and snoop is international, jay-z aint messing with snoop globally.

if anyone is in a position to criticize hov its DEFINITELY snoop.

Snoop Dogg is the most loved rapper in the world.. I made a thread on NT before.. but he does not have the same accolades.. Snoop has never even won a Grammy award. has a few less platinum albums and less #1's

Snoop Dogg is the most loved rapper in the world.. I made a thread on NT before.. but he does not have the same accolades.. Snoop has never even won a Grammy award. has a few less platinum albums and less #1's
thats misleading...

his actual #'s are HUGE compared to other #1...snoop got got some of da biggest first weeks in history if memory serves me correct.

:rofl:

snoop has just as many or MORE accolades then jay-z.

and snoop is international, jay-z aint messing with snoop globally.

if anyone is in a position to criticize hov its DEFINITELY snoop.

The only thing snoop and jayz have in common is longevity.

They are not equals when it comes to accolades

They are not equals globally

Snoop CANNOT criticize hov

And I'm a big snoop fan

But Snoop is essentially a tribute act now.

Jay is still influential and relevant.

And I'm a big snoop fan

Snoop doesn't have longevity papi, he is like Grant Hill, he was good for a small part of time(92-96) but since than he is just garbage.

Jay-Z like i wrote before would still where he is regardless if Pac and or Biggie were still alive, because of his business mind.

You cant argue with what he was saying, he makes valid points. But its also a What If situation so ...

I definitely dont disagree.

You ****** need to honest with yourselves ..

Even Jay admitted that **** ..

Alot of ****** wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for Big and Pac's passing ..

Cuz everyone wanted to be Big or Pac ..

Remember when folks was comparing X to Pac?

Or when Ja was thinking he was pac reincarnated? 
laugh.gif

If you think Jay or ANY big time rapper would be ANYWHERE he's at now if them 2 brothers was alive you are lying to yourself.

Last edited:

And I'm a big snoop fan

Snoop doesn't have longevity papi, he is like Grant Hill, he was good for a small part of time(92-96) but since than he is just garbage.
umm grant hill made da all star team as a member of da suns...poor comparison.

and snoop can jump on a record now and still be serviceable...snoop is on rap's mount rushmore, he can say what he wants about

jay-z and not come off as a hater.

and to bring it back to da thread's original point, he didn't say anything Nas and WU fans haven't been saying for years...

umm grant hill made da all star team as a member of da suns...poor comparison.

and snoop can jump on a record now and still be serviceable...snoop is on rap's mount rushmore, he can say what he wants about

jay-z and not come off as a hater.

and to bring it back to da thread's original point, he didn't say anything Nas and WU fans haven't been saying for years...
not as a member of Suns, he made it as a Magic plus it's fans voting (Snoop would make it too, if it was up to fans, while you have someone like Black Thought not even be on the team). Good comparison.

So what, he hasn't made jack ish by himself in years. He even got ghostwriters making tracks for him, he admitted it in an interview a while back.

I'm a Nas stan myself, but Jay-Z did his thing because of his business and his relationship with Beyonce. Jay-Z before his retirement wasn't as BIG as he is now, but when started to date Beyonce and came back in too the rap game after a small break, he dun took the business ish to a whole another level. Your telling me Pac would be rich like Jay or Biggie who had Diddy controlling the business while he rapping? Jay-Z took care of both things, with Dame, but snaked him in the end.

Last edited:
not as a member of Suns, he made it as a Magic plus it's fans voting (Snoop would make it too, if it was up to fans, while you have someone like Black Thought not even be on the team). Good comparison.

So what, he hasn't made jack ish by himself in years. He even got ghostwriters making tracks for him, he admitted it in an interview a while back.

I'm a Nas stan myself, but Jay-Z did his thing because of his business and his relationship with Beyonce. Jay-Z before his retirement wasn't as BIG as he is now, but when started to date Beyonce and came back in too the rap game after a small break, he dun took the business ish to a whole another level. Your telling me Pac would be rich like Jay or Biggie who had Diddy controlling the business while he rapping? Jay-Z took care of both things, with Dame, but snaked him in the end.
Yea I stopped right there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom