Jim Jones interview w/ Funk flex, spills guts + Cam Response

Wayne was never one of the best

Wayne is king of the basic punches

He was just hugely popular and said it convincingly.

He just rode a beat better.

Wayne was never one of the best

Wayne is king of the basic punches

He was just hugely popular and said it convincingly.

He just rode a beat better.

Pretty much, but I don't want to derail this thread on how Wayne was trash but got away with spitting nonsense all the time due to his excellent flow, cadence and delivery.

That last verse on Mr. Carter :smh:

Last edited:
Hustler Muzik in my opinion will always be his magnum opus.

But anyway back to Dipset. Wayne jacked they whole swag and catapulted himself into superstardom. Guess it was lack of unity that kept the movement from doing the same.

Wayne wasn't even the best rapper on the label he called home... twice. Once in the Juvenile era and once in the Drake (+ ghostwriter(s)) era and I'm not even a Drake fan.

Up until BG completely fell victim to his heroine addiction, I'd put BGs best verses against the best verses of Wayne's whole career and BG would win.

Had Wayne stayed in THIS lane, he would've reached Jay Z levels as far as skill and maybe success.

First verse.

Wayne wasn't even the best rapper on the label he called home... twice. Once in the Juvenile era and once in the Drake (+ ghostwriter(s)) era and I'm not even a Drake fan.

Up until BG completely fell victim to his heroine addiction, I'd put BGs best verses against the best verses of Wayne's whole career and BG would win.

Had Wayne stayed in THIS lane, he would've reached Jay Z levels as far as skill and maybe success.

First verse.

To be completely fair Wayne did reach Hovs level of success maybe even higher, it just wasn't sustained long.

Lol I wasn't going to keep it going but yeah Hustler Muzik is certainly the best wayne song.

I get what you guys are saying about Wayne being a punchline rapper but he showed signs of talent throughout the Carter 2.

Drugs/ fame/ popularity really messed with Wayne's trajectory. Between Carter 2 and 3 Wayne had well over 100 features and then a ton of free music with the dedication series. Homie essentially went with the formula that was most popular for him at the time when he dropped C3.

Everything after album wise is pretty garbage but hey **** happens.

Wayne is trash. Wayne and cash money will never be on the same level as the Ultramagmetic MCs

But anyways back to the topic at hand.
Let's hear some never before told stories of rappers busting their guns

I had no idea mandecees got down like that. No wonder that dude got 3 baby mamas fighting over him on TV.

Does yandy get down like that on the low too?

How many times it has to be said before we kill this tired subject :lol:

'02-07 Lil Wayne was an amazing rapper. There's a reason Hov championed (mixtape weezy)

That's my input on this tired subject. Back to "the set"

To be completely fair Wayne did reach Hovs level of success maybe even higher, it just wasn't sustained long.

I meant maintaining that level of skill and sustaining a longer career. When you put what Jay was able to do vs everyone else, even surpassing LL and Cube's runs, it's crazy.

But back to the OG discussion.

Last edited:
How many times it has to be said before we kill this tired subject
laugh.gif

'02-07 Lil Wayne was an amazing rapper. There's a reason Hov championed (mixtape weezy)

That's my input on this tired subject. Back to "the set"
Carter 1 - 3 and no ceilings are better than jays whole catalog imo

Carter 1 - 3 and no ceilings are better than jays whole catalog imo

Are you ******* nuts dog?
Get this guy outta here
How dare you?
Carter 1-3 isn't even better than Kingdom Come
**** outta here B :lol:

Last edited:
Little Wayne isn't even a positive role model for children. He smokes weed, sips lean, and degrades women.

Jay Z wears suits and he doesn't even smoke weed. And he has a wife and kids. He's a family man. Jay Z = Bill Cosby

Little Wayne isn't even a positive role model for children. He smokes weed, sips lean, and degrades women.

Jay Z wears suits and he doesn't even smoke weed. And he has a wife and kids. He's a family man. Jay Z = Bill Cosby

Bruh... in a way you're right about Jay and Bey being the Huxtables. :lol: Two more kids and they have a sitcom.

Back
Top Bottom