Jim Jones interview w/ Funk flex, spills guts + Cam Response

]
Anybody that slights Hov....you slander :lol:. Can count on it 10/10 times.

Dipset was more popular than G-unit :lol:

50 was so hot at the time....that anything associated with him would sell (plus the Em coalition). G-Unit as a collective, isn't really remembered like that.

Beg for mercy was cool. Banks, Buck, Game and Yayo did their thing....but once 50 pulled the plug, everyone except game couldn't survive.

Santana and Jim ate big time without Cam. Buck, Banks and Yayo just fed off of 50. Let's also not forget the trends dipset started (pink, ed hardy, trues, Bloods,etc). Dipset was led by a swagerless dude.

Dipset's impact and popularity >>>> G-Units record sales.

Dawg 50 slighted HOV way before dipset had a deal so kill that noise.

All that ******** you typed is your opinion, lloyd banks is remember just as much of not more than juelz. not to mention hunger for more > all of juelz albums.

You said they fell apart when 50 pulled the plug, but last I remembered Juelz couldn't even get a release date for his album :lol:

Jim Jones himself said g unit could tour across the globe getting 200-300 a show when we can't even get a tour togther :smh:

50 cent reorganized their whole hierarchy...
"From now on jimmys the leader of dipset, juelz is the capo. Cam has been demoted to soldier" :lol:

Them ****** ain't been the same since

Last edited:
Since we can use touring and record sales to show who was more popular what metric can we use? Who NT liked better? :lol:

]
Dawg 50 slighted HOV way before dipset had a deal so kill that noise.

All that ******** you typed is your opinion, lloyd banks is remember just as much of not more than juelz. not to mention hunger for more > all of juelz albums.

You said they fell apart when 50 pulled the plug, but last I remembered Juelz couldn't even get a release date for his album :lol:

Jim Jones himself said g unit could tour across the globe getting 200-300 a show when we can't even get a tour togther :smh:

50 cent reorganized their whole hierarchy...
"From now on jimmys the leader of dipset, juelz is the capo. Cam has been demoted to soldier" :lol:

Them ****** ain't been the same since

Again (50 Cent)!

We are talking about these groups as a collective. Dipset was more popular, and had more of an impact than G-unit. That's not to take away anything from G-unit.....but they relied HEAVILY on the anomaly that was 50 cent.

Dipset, had their very own movement going on. And was more grassroots and a collective.

The slang
Fashion
Music
Gang ****

Are still relevant to this day from dipset. Lloyd Banks wasn't and isn't more popular today than Juelz.

50 made G-unit start and stop. G-unit was a collective.

Don't care about his popularity but Banks would rap circles, squares and triangles around Juelz.

In terms of bars
Banks >>>> your favorite dipset rapper. Probably your favorite east coast rapper not named jay and Nas

Don't care about his popularity but Banks would rap circles, squares and triangles around Juelz.

In terms of bars
Banks >>>> your favorite dipset rapper. Probably your favorite east coast rapper not named jay and Nas

Just like young buck would rap circles around jim Jones

Don't think you can say either was bigger in NY. They were both dumb big. They were close, wasn't like one was much bigger than the other. They both represented NY to the fullest and we loved that ****.

Last edited:
It's cringeworthy going back and listening to juelz

My gun hotter then the stove is on
So hot even I thought the stove was on
But the stove was off
I was just rolling hot :smh:

Juelz and cam swag made you ignore the dumb **** they were saying

LMAO...i love that song but Juelz was extra wack.

He said this "classic" line too on that same song:

"Now i've been seen in drops, coupes, oops/radar detectors.....bloop bloop" :lol:{

I still prefer Juelz over Jimmy though. Jim had hotter songs but he didn't have any hot bars. He just had better beats and hooks. I don't even know if Jim has any quoteable lines.

Dipset's movement was in the streets
G Unit's movement was in retial
this is what im trying to convey....

but yo i basically ran thru da cam interview, im up to da mendeeces part.

-Cam type foul for laughin at Jim with someone Jim felt he had a problem.

-Cam didn't have a concept of cliques within cliques ala da Wu-tang deal...Jim could've done his Byrdgang side **** and still put 100%

in diplomats, i wasn't feeling Cam copywriting that.

-Cam really put jim on though, so i don't think most of it was malicious, it was just REAAAAAAAL bad communication.

Don't think you can say either was bigger in NY. They were both dumb big. They were close, wasn't like one was much bigger than the other. They both represented NY to the fullest and we loved that ****.

This pretty much. Dipset was MUCH larger mainstream wise (Mostly due to 50) but with that said in the streets of NYC both were pretty much Neck & neck when they both started heating up. I remember bootleggers sellin out of them G-unit radio's. I've seen several ****** get they *** whipped when "wat up Gangsta" played, so best believe G-unit had a crazy following in the streets too. But dipsets influence on the culture definitely lasted longer.

Now i don't know how things were in other cities, but both got very equal love.

i would whole heartedly disagree.. g unit's run in ny was way shorter than dips.. atleast around my way. GUNIT was bigger nationally but Dips had NY on lock
:smh: had the whole city trying to look and sound like they was from uptown

Last edited:
You said Zeekey though.

Opinion is void.

da hell are you even talking about? You sound silly. :lol:

It's pretty clear. So how you sound?

All this talk about "influence" and "impact".....aren't G Unit widely considered the pioneers of the "mixtape" as we know it now?

That **** still resonates in a major way today.

G Unit's "era" began with those releases. Way before Shady and singles, album sales etc.

Last edited:
50 bars of pleasure, 50 bars of pain, when I'm dead and gone ****** gon remember my name... 50!

Last edited:
50 bars of pleasure, 50 bars of pain, when I'm dead and gone ****** gon remember my name... 50!

nasty :smh: :smh:

50 Bars dead could've been Ghetto Quran part 2 the way he was name dropping :lol:

Damn I miss the old 50 :frown:
I'm bout to bump this right now

"We stay with them things so we stay with them Nike gloves" :yuck

Casanova can easily be te new 50, bringing that terror to the rap game

Last edited:
Casanova smiles and has a good time dancing. Far different from 50. Even Maino. Cas doesn't have a bunch of people behind him like 50.

G-Unit's music ain't got no replay value now. I can play Diplomatic Immunity all the way through today.

I've been saying it for a minute.

G-Unit's production is really dated and mediocre.

as far as official releases yea G-units music really doesn't hold much replay value today, but the mixtapes on the other hand can still be thoroughly enjoyed, and they have a TON of mixtape material.

Also as far as the "mixtape" as we know it Dipset & G-unit both launched those around the same time, idk who was officially first but both should be credited with that wave

Last edited:
When you say Cas doesn't have a bunch of people behind him, what you mean? Cas is signed to Bleek and Roc Nation and getting mad help. His single is trash and so are his raps.

When you say Cas doesn't have a bunch of people behind him, what you mean? Cas is signed to Bleek and Roc Nation and getting mad help. His single is trash and so are his raps.

as in goons, muscle

When you saw 50 you saw a bunch of dudes from Queens behind him.

Back
Top Bottom